PDA

View Full Version : Orioles Interested in Dunn...

EKURed
11-17-2006, 02:09 PM
From the Baltimore Sun....

"If the Orioles are unable to get a bat through free agency, they could also explore one in a trade. The Seattle Mariners' Richie Sexson and the Cincinnati Reds' Adam Dunn are among the players who might be available at the right price. The problem for the Orioles is that both teams would probably want Erik Bedard in return, and he is considered the most untouchable player in the organization.

The Orioles met with nearly a dozen teams at the meetings and though there were some inquiries about the availability of star shortstop Miguel Tejada , nearly every team asked about Bedard and the organization's top young pitchers.

"The interest was very strong," Duquette said. "These guys are guys we don't want to trade unless it is a unique situation.""

Spitball
11-17-2006, 02:19 PM
I have been wondering why there hasn't been Dunn to the Orioles speculation. They seem like a good fit, but only if they are willing to move Eric Bedard.

M2
11-17-2006, 02:44 PM
Hey, imagine if the Reds trade Dunn to the Orioles and he wins a triple crown? He's an old 27 I tell you.

Johnny Footstool
11-17-2006, 02:45 PM
Hey, imagine if the Reds trade Dunn to the Orioles and he wins a triple crown? He's an old 27 I tell you.

Old wounds.

WVRedsFan
11-17-2006, 02:52 PM

You heard it here first. Frank Robinson. That's all you need to know. The Reds will rue the day they trade Dunn to the Birds for a pitcher. The ghost of Milt Pappas appears in my mind. We have a madman at the helm.

PuffyPig
11-17-2006, 04:28 PM

Dunn is a pretty good offensive player, but he can never be the entire all around player that Frank Robinson was.

And with FA looming, we are likely trading 2 years of Dunn.

schroomytunes
11-17-2006, 04:35 PM
Well if we can trade Dunn to Baltimore than I say pull the trigger Krivsky! I offer Baltimore this deal:

Baltimore trades: Nick Markakis(OF) and Daniel Cabrera(SP)

Cincinnati trades: Adam Dunn and low level prospect

OR:

Baltimore trades: Nick Markakis and Kris Benson

Cincinnati trades: Adam Dunn

M2
11-17-2006, 04:43 PM
The chances of Peter Angelos agreeing to the trade of Nick Markakis are just about nil.

Rojo
11-17-2006, 05:04 PM
Just Say No to pitching prospects.

klw
11-17-2006, 05:08 PM
Dunn for Tejada anyone?

reds44
11-17-2006, 05:12 PM
Dunn for Tejada anyone?
No.

Kc61
11-17-2006, 05:57 PM
Dunn for Tejada anyone?

Any day of the week and twice on Sunday. I suggested this trade in earlier posts and would love to see it happen. Tejada is still an all star.

vaticanplum
11-17-2006, 06:09 PM

Markakis is terrific, but I think Baltimore is very unlikely to trade him. And beware, beware of D-Cab. His almost no-no got a lot of attention, but he is a walk machine, can't throw strikes to save his life.

marcshoe
11-17-2006, 06:16 PM
--there is no post here. It's only your imagination.--

Krusty
11-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Well if we can trade Dunn to Baltimore than I say pull the trigger Krivsky! I offer Baltimore this deal:

OR:

I know Cabrera has been wild but he is an intriguing pitcher that throws 100 mph. Remember when Jose Rijo was young when the Reds acquired him from Oakland for Dave Parker. It wasn't till he came to Cincinnati where he matured. The same could be said about Cabrera.

I don't know if you can get Nick Markakis in the same deal because owner Peter Angelos loves the guy. But if you can get both Marakis and Cabrera for Dunn, it is a no brainer.

Wheelhouse
11-17-2006, 07:38 PM
Adam Dunn couldn't hold Frank Robinson's jock if he wore it like a hat...

Yachtzee
11-17-2006, 11:52 PM

OR:

If only we could have Markakis and Adam too.

RedsBaron
11-18-2006, 08:12 AM
Adam Dunn couldn't hold Frank Robinson's jock if he wore it like a hat...

Geez, I doubt he'd want to......

KronoRed
11-18-2006, 08:28 AM
Geez, I doubt he'd want to......

Especially after all these years. ugh

RedLegSuperStar
11-18-2006, 09:51 AM
I read somewhere that if the A's weren't able to resign Thomas that they may look to acquire Dunn.

Maybe they would deal Harden.. the kid has been injury prone but is only 24 (25 end of the month)

Dunn, Wood, and Milton (+3 Million) To A's

Harden and Herrera To Reds

Cedric
11-18-2006, 10:39 AM
I read somewhere that if the A's weren't able to resign Thomas that they may look to acquire Dunn.

Maybe they would deal Harden.. the kid has been injury prone but is only 24 (25 end of the month)

Dunn, Wood, and Milton (+3 Million) To A's

Harden and Herrera To Reds

I'd drop Adam off myself.

GAC
11-18-2006, 02:09 PM
We have a madman at the helm.

Take a deep breath WV! :lol:

It's being reported by a Baltimore, concerning the Orioles expressed interests. All kinds of crap comes flying out of these meetings. Kriv is not going to deal Dunn to the Orioles simply because they have voiced a interest at the meeting.

cincyinco
11-19-2006, 03:23 AM
Erik Bedard would be awesome.. but what about guys like Hayden Penn.. ? Radhames Liz is another intriguing arm. He may not be able to start, but he'd be worth a look as a possible dominant pen arm.

Nolan Reimold?

I dont think the O's would be the worst trade partner..

RANDY IN INDY
11-19-2006, 07:58 AM
I know Cabrera has been wild but he is an intriguing pitcher that throws 100 mph. Remember when Jose Rijo was young when the Reds acquired him from Oakland for Dave Parker. It wasn't till he came to Cincinnati where he matured. The same could be said about Cabrera.

I don't know if you can get Nick Markakis in the same deal because owner Peter Angelos loves the guy. But if you can get both Marakis and Cabrera for Dunn, it is a no brainer.

Markakis and Cabrera would be nice.

OldXOhio
11-19-2006, 10:17 PM
Perhaps it's pure speculation that's beginning to snowball, but with each new day and the new Dunn trade rumor that accompanies it, I'm starting to think where there's smoke, there's fire.