PDA

View Full Version : Pujols caught with 130 bags of crack cocaine

reds44
11-19-2006, 02:31 PM
No I am not kidding.

This is from rotoworld:

21-year-old Kengshill Pujols was released by the Dodgers after police caught him with 130 bags of crack cocaine on Thursday.
Yeah, 110-120 might have been acceptable, but the Dodgers had to draw the line somewhere. Pujols, a converted catcher, was suspended Aug. 1 for 50 games after testing positive for performance-enhancing substances.

:evil:

vaticanplum
11-19-2006, 02:35 PM
I only forgive you for this because you're young.

pedro
11-19-2006, 02:39 PM
booooooo.

harangatang
11-19-2006, 04:34 PM
Reminds me of when Tony Pena joined the Yanks as a coach and I posted the story on RZ as "Pena's a Yankee".

Chip R
11-19-2006, 05:01 PM
That's a lot of crack.

Redsland
11-19-2006, 05:12 PM
:nono:

:)

WMR
11-19-2006, 05:31 PM
You little SOB!!! Haha, good one.

Ltlabner
11-19-2006, 05:34 PM
I got hauled in hook line and sinker. My heart literally skipped a beat. Not because I want to see AP go down or that I really thought he was a crack head but it was such a wild headline.

Either way, I got owned on this one.

kbrake
11-19-2006, 05:40 PM
That would have been the funniest thing ever. You got me good with that one.

GradyHatton
11-20-2006, 03:27 PM
A similar attempt at humor got me all but tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail a couple of years ago. I titled a new thread "O'Brien Fired" to report that JIM O'Brien had been let go as head coach of the NBA 76'ers. Only when opening the thread did you find that DanO was still on board with our Reds. One of the Mods changed the title and back then they had something called "neg points" which in a short time had me rated just below O.J. Simpson. :( This is the first time I have posted here since. It would appear the RedsZoners are a bit more forgiving now. For your sake, I hope so. ;) :D ;) And now I return, in shame, to my self imposed exile. :cool:

Bob Borkowski
11-20-2006, 07:09 PM
This kind of thread title is out of line.

It damages the integrity of Redszone. The thread should be closed.

remdog
11-20-2006, 08:01 PM
This kind of thread title is out of line.

It damages the integrity of Redszone. The thread should be closed.

Nah. Cut the guy some slack. So he made a mistake. Just suspend him from posting for the same length of time as Pujols is suspended from baseball. ;)

Rem

remdog
11-20-2006, 08:03 PM
BTW, at one time there was a thread from the mods (I believe) that addressed the need to post acurate and responsible titles. Maybe it is time to re-post that. Just a suggestion.

Rem

flyer85
11-20-2006, 08:04 PM
That's a lot of crack.more than you would probably see at plumbers convention.

WMR
11-20-2006, 08:37 PM
Oh c'mon people, lighten up, this is a funny thread.

remdog
11-20-2006, 08:55 PM
Um no, WillyMo, it's not.

Rem

WMR
11-20-2006, 09:08 PM
Um no, WillyMo, it's not.

Rem

IN MY OPINION, Rem, it's a harmless joke and I thought it was funny.

remdog
11-20-2006, 10:02 PM
You are certainly entitlted to you opion WillyMo, just as I am. And, I will add that I appreciate you pointing out [in caps] that it was your opinion---I would have hated to miss that. :)

I can see how posting a purposely misleading title could be funny (sort of like setting a bag of ...um...poop on fire on someone's front porch and then ringing the doorbell. Not that I ever did that, I just heard about it....;) ) But then I hit twelve years old and got all old and crotchety. (I've been trying to overcome that for the last century or two but just no luck ;) )

If the name Kengshill Pujols had been in the headline would anyone have opened the thread? A few (maybe). But I'd rather give the reader a chance to decide for themselves rather than yank their chain in an attempt (a lame one, IMO) to purposely dupe them. But hey, that's just old, crotchety me. (shrug)

Here's the thread I referenced above: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41753&highlight=Thread+Titles It was origionally posted before you joined the board.

BTW, I enjoy your posts. I'm not trying to pick on you. You just gave me a jumping off point to talk about something that annoys a great number of posters here.

And, also a BTW, if the Reds do trade Adam Dunn to the BoSox (a different thread obviously) then I would guess that you'd like to see them bring back Willy Mo in the deal at least as much as I would. :)

Rem

WMR
11-20-2006, 10:05 PM
You are certainly entitlted to you opion WillyMo, just as I am. And, I will add that I appreciate you pointing out that it was your opinion---I would have hated to miss that. :)

I can see how posting a purposely misleading title could be funny (sort of like setting a bag of ...um...poop on fire on someone's front porch and then ringing the doorbell. Not that I ever did that, I just heard about it....;) ) But then I hit twelve years old and got all old and crotchety. (I've been trying to overcome that for the last century or two but just no luck ;) )

If the name Kengshill Pujols had been in the headline would anyone have opened the thread? A few (maybe). But I'd rather give the reader a chance to decide for themselves rather than yank their chain in an attempt (a lame one, IMO) to purposely dupe them. But hey, that's just old, crotchety me. (shrug)

Here's the thread I referenced above: http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=41753&highlight=Thread+Titles It was origionally posted before you joined the board.

BTW, I enjoy your posts. I'm not trying to pick on you. You just gave me a jumping off point to talk about something that annoys a great number of posters here.

And, also a BTW, if the Reds do trade Adam Dunn to the BoSox (a different thread obviously) then I would guess that you'd like to see them bring back Willy Mo in the deal at least as much as I would. :)

Rem

Haha, Rem, you're my boy.

Yeah as long as they let Wily Mo play CF which is where he should have been the past 3 seasons, we're straight. :) Wily Mo's CF defensive metrics and capabilities would rank him amongst the top 10 starting CF's in the NL. A shame Junior kept him from ever getting that consistent shot... not that I'm disparaging the Arroyo trade, mind you, but, well... haha, everyone has their favorite players. :)

WVPacman
11-23-2006, 12:11 AM
I knew he was lying;) b/c I know when Pujols gets cought it won't be b/c he has crack,it will be b/c he has steroids.:beerme:

sorry guys couldn't pass it by!!

OldRightHander
11-23-2006, 11:41 AM
Hey, I thought it was pretty funny actually. Some folks need to lighten up.

Jr's Boy
11-23-2006, 12:51 PM
I thought this thread was going to be removed.