PDA

View Full Version : per mlbtraderumours.com..Rumor Tigers talking to Reds about Dunn

redsfan4445
11-20-2006, 09:21 AM
this was posted on mlbtraderumors.com

"Another very interesting tidbit was a rumor of the Tigers and Reds talking Adam Dunn"

hmmm maybe they get Bonderman and their Lf in a package..

Highlifeman21
11-20-2006, 09:22 AM
since it's from mlbtraderumors.com, take it with a block of salt

While I'd love to get Bonderman, trading Dunn at this stage of his career would cripple the Reds offensively, and set us back at least 3 years from even sniffing being a competitive team.

HotCorner
11-20-2006, 09:25 AM
While I'd love to get Bonderman, trading Dunn at this stage of his career would cripple the Reds offensively, and set us back at least 3 years from even sniffing being a competitive team.

Hyperbole?

Highlifeman21
11-20-2006, 09:32 AM
Hyperbole?

If we trade Dunn, we have to replace the production somewhere, or else we're looking at a team that struggles to score 650+ runs a year. Where do we make up for that lost production? Joey Votto? Jay Bruce? Paul Janish?

While our pitching would be light years better with Bonderman, our offense would be beyond putrid without Dunn.

Johnny Footstool
11-20-2006, 09:49 AM
Yes, the Reds would once again be pursuing "win-efficient" runs.

Cedric
11-20-2006, 10:05 AM
Dunn is a great player, but over time it's much easier to replace a corner OF production than find a Bonderman.

HotCorner
11-20-2006, 10:19 AM
If we trade Dunn, we have to replace the production somewhere, or else we're looking at a team that struggles to score 650+ runs a year. Where do we make up for that lost production? Joey Votto? Jay Bruce? Paul Janish?

While our pitching would be light years better with Bonderman, our offense would be beyond putrid without Dunn.

Production? For a player that hits 40 plus homers, he struggles to produce runs by any other means. If the Reds could land a starter of Bonderman's talent and age, it would be a huge win. Offense is a lot easier to find than young, quality pitching.

joshnky
11-20-2006, 10:24 AM
Sorry Dunn haters. This rumor is from a message board so don't put much more stock in it than you would in a rumor on this board.

NJReds
11-20-2006, 10:28 AM
This rumor originated on the gothambaseball.com message boards.

Move along, nothing to see here.

lollipopcurve
11-20-2006, 10:30 AM
Sorry Dunn haters.

In the context of this rumor, how do you distinguish a "Dunn hater" from a "good starting pitching lover"?

HotCorner
11-20-2006, 10:39 AM
In the context of this rumor, how do you distinguish a "Dunn hater" from a "good starting pitching lover"?

:clap:

joshnky
11-20-2006, 10:45 AM
I wasn't directing that at anyone in particular who has responded on this thread, moreso, at the large number that will view this thread before it devolves into a Dunn argument just like every other thread that mentions his name.

lollipopcurve
11-20-2006, 11:08 AM
I wasn't directing that at anyone in particular who has responded on this thread, moreso, at the large number that will view this thread before it devolves into a Dunn argument just like every other thread that mentions his name.

I doubt anyone on this board would say they "hate" Adam Dunn. Not sure why you'd attempt to address folks who hadn't entered the thread and who would likely bristle at your characterization of their opinions as "hate," unless you wanted to pick a fight.

Sorry to single you out, joshky. I'm just a little tired of the Dunn rhetoric around here, overall.

Newman4
11-20-2006, 11:20 AM
Is Bonderman and Granderson an acceptable opener from the Reds side?

Heath
11-20-2006, 11:29 AM

Curtis Granderson is Adam Dunn hitting leadoff because he has speed.

I wish I knew more about Marcus Thames.

Highlifeman21
11-20-2006, 11:31 AM

Pitching, yes.

Offensively, no.

Now, if we got one of their young relievers as well, Granderson might be more tolerable, but Bonderman and Granderson by themselves wouldn't blow me away. The problem is that I know we wouldn't get Bonderman for Dunn alone. I'd love to send LaRue up that way to solve some salary issues, but I doubt Detroit would want him as Pudge's backup.

I'm at a loss to figure out who we'd need to send with Dunn to get Bonderman, along with getting back some sort of offensive compensation.

RedsManRick
11-20-2006, 11:41 AM

I would do that without question - but I think that the Tigers would laugh in our face. Of course, this is predicated on the notion that the Reds aren't trying to win in 2007. I think it would be a net gain in terms of talent/value for the organization, but it would put our offense in a very precarious position.

Newman4
11-20-2006, 11:44 AM
A Bonderman, Thames and Rodney package would be acceptable IMO.

fewfirstchoice
11-20-2006, 12:51 PM
Bonderman,Thames, and Rodney to Reds

for

Dunn,Freel,Milton, and Cueto

Anyone think they would bite on this deal.

TeamSelig
11-20-2006, 01:17 PM
Nope.

They turned down Dunn and Phillips for Bonderman.

guttle11
11-20-2006, 01:37 PM
I realize it's just rampant fan speculation and rumors, but if a deal with Dunn for Bonderman as principles comes available, I think you have to do it.

Doing this deal would mean this team is obviously in at least a short term rebuliding mode. If so, losing Dunn's offense for 2007 isn't a huge deal, since 2007 isn't the immeadiate goal. They would be looking at 2008 and 2009 realistically. By then you'd have Jay Bruce up, Edwin nearing his prime age, and who knows what they could add over the next 18 Months.

Tear it down, build the foundation back with pitching, and add offensive pieces along the way.

TOBTTReds
11-20-2006, 01:48 PM
I realize it's just rampant fan speculation and rumors, but if a deal with Dunn for Bonderman as principles comes available, I think you have to do it.

Doing this deal would mean this team is obviously in at least a short term rebuliding mode. If so, losing Dunn's offense for 2007 isn't a huge deal, since 2007 isn't the immeadiate goal. They would be looking at 2008 and 2009 realistically. By then you'd have Jay Bruce up, Edwin nearing his prime age, and who knows what they could add over the next 18 Months.

Tear it down, build the foundation back with pitching, and add offensive pieces along the way.

I think this is exactly the idea. 08-09 are the target years.

AdamDunn
11-20-2006, 03:52 PM
Bonderman,Thames, and Rodney to Reds

for

Dunn,Freel,Milton, and Cueto

Anyone think they would bite on this deal.

Oh please no... Dunn and Freel are probably the best offensive players coming back next year. Milton has one year left, so he's gone after this year. CUETO IS AMAZING. And we don't need any more relief pitching after the overhaul that has happened within the last five months (except of course, a closer, and I suggest Dany Baez).

What I would do is give them Griffey... I think Dimitri Young's and Matt Stair's contract is up and Griffey could DH for them. So like, Griffey and cash for Maroth and Jordan Tata (prospect, 24 years old, rhp)

ChatterRed
11-20-2006, 05:19 PM
Dunn's 2 rbi over the last 6 weeks of the season were very impressive. We can't survive without that kind of production!

dunner13
11-20-2006, 07:54 PM
Im actually starting to think there might be some truth to this rumor of the reds and tigers talking. If we can get bonderman for dunn we have to do it. I love dunn but bonderman in the NL is a serious cy young canidate for 07. With harang and arroyo following him we would have a chance to compete.

Ravenlord
11-20-2006, 07:59 PM
Nope.

They turned down Dunn and Phillips for Bonderman.

that was another rumor from the same source site, gothambaseball.

it is as based in reality as Liza Minelli's mental state.