PDA

View Full Version : Reds.com Updates

Joseph
11-21-2006, 09:26 PM
http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com/images/masthead/cin_logobanner_primary.jpg

No more power of tradition? Just a See You There?

They dropped the black background though, maybe as a precursor to the uni changes.

RedsManRick
11-21-2006, 09:28 PM
The defense of tradition?

marcshoe
11-21-2006, 09:29 PM
Is that the slogan for 2007? I'm not sure what to think.

MartyFan
11-21-2006, 09:31 PM
I noticed they were tinkering with it earlier today but had not been back yet...good to se.

From this it looks like Dunn, Harang, Arroyo and Junior are the core of this years team.

Tom Servo
11-21-2006, 09:32 PM
Cincinnati you there :p:

Falls City Beer
11-21-2006, 09:37 PM
No, I got it: Cincinnati, you there?

It's all an attendance ploy. :)

dunner13
11-21-2006, 09:38 PM
Im betting thats a picture of dunn striking out.

Highlifeman21
11-21-2006, 09:38 PM
I noticed they were tinkering with it earlier today but had not been back yet...good to se.

From this it looks like Dunn, Harang, Arroyo and Junior are the core of this years team.

Which begs the question...

Which of the middle two will still be on the team at the end of the 2007 season?

Or better yet, how many of these 4 will still be with the Reds in 2008?

Maybe the power of tradition was roster turnover.

Redsland
11-21-2006, 09:49 PM
It's always nice to see a major league sports team market itself with puns that were worn tired by the local university.

Falls City Beer
11-21-2006, 09:55 PM
It's always nice to see a major league sports team market itself with puns that were worn tired by the local university.

:laugh:

KittyDuran
11-21-2006, 09:59 PM
I might have not noticed it before... but there is now a striped pattern background before the main information is loaded. Was there anything before?

RANDY IN INDY
11-21-2006, 10:01 PM
I might have not noticed it before... but there is now a striped pattern background before the main information is loaded. Was there anything before?

I believe that is new, Kitty. I was on the site yesterday and didn't notice it.

KittyDuran
11-21-2006, 10:05 PM
I believe that is new, Kitty. I was on the site yesterday and didn't notice it.Well, I know that other teams have it - mostly it's a logo tile background.

Falls City Beer
11-21-2006, 10:06 PM
Well, I know that other teams have it - mostly it's a logo tile background.

It looks like the wallpaper in this hotel I stayed in in Austria.

Yachtzee
11-21-2006, 10:36 PM
It looks like the wallpaper in this hotel I stayed in in Austria.

The Hotel New Hampshire?

vaticanplum
11-21-2006, 10:54 PM
I noticed this earlier today; I'm largely pleased. Like the stripes, like the little London Bridge that Dunn and Junior have going on. Loathe the slogan.

It's too bad all the mlb.com sites have that standard template. The Reds could have load of fun with any design they wanted. I'd vote for a shiny graphic of GABP that you could click on for various pieces of information (click on the Reds HOF for history, click on the offices for management info, walk in and onto the field for roster info and stats). And when the season turns sour they could have a graphic or game wherein you could throw yourself into the giant pit next to the stadium, or walk on over to Paul brown.

Redsland
11-21-2006, 11:36 PM
It's too bad all the mlb.com sites have that standard template. The Reds could have load of fun with any design they wanted. I'd vote for a shiny graphic of GABP that you could click on for various pieces of information (click on the Reds HOF for history, click on the offices for management info, walk in and onto the field for roster info and stats). And when the season turns sour they could have a graphic or game wherein you could throw yourself into the giant pit next to the stadium, or walk on over to Paul brown.
I'm not sure.

I'd have to___C___ it.

:D

Jim
11-21-2006, 11:44 PM

Nice! You got a chuckle out of me

BUTLER REDSFAN
11-21-2006, 11:52 PM
they forgot to put the spitwad flying out of arroyo's mouth..never seen a player spit so much

ochre
11-22-2006, 02:53 AM
Just think of all the marketing money that can be poured into payflex now though!

djsauter
11-22-2006, 09:50 AM
C you there = terrible slogan. Awful.

MartyFan
11-22-2006, 11:33 AM
C you there beats the power of tradition. So I am happy for the change.

Z-Fly
11-22-2006, 12:07 PM

I just got to know... Did that jab feel good. :cool:

reds44
11-22-2006, 12:58 PM
I wonder if that is a hint at what are uniforms will look like next season?

hmm

Unassisted
11-22-2006, 01:02 PM
"C you there" is dangerously close to "C you later," or "C you next year" which is what casual fans will be saying if the team doesn't live up to their expectations in '07. A sure sign of a bad slogan is when it is only a word away from being a pejorative catchphrase.

With Dunn's bat bisecting the word "Cincinnati," the graphic's top line looks to me like it says "CNNCINATI." Is CNN sponsoring the team now? :evil:

Chip R
11-22-2006, 01:41 PM
I wonder if that is a hint at what are uniforms will look like next season?

hmm

I guess we'll C. :devil:

PMand JM
11-24-2006, 08:01 PM
All mlb teams websites are run out of the league office in NY. The Reds have virtually no insight or input as to the content or displays on their own sight. I found that out when I called up to complain that not a thing was mentioned following the Stenson murder. The Reds were quite upset that they couldn't even mention that he had passed, but MLB was toooooooooo worried that Darnell might have been involved in some sort of criminality.

wheels
11-24-2006, 08:06 PM
All mlb teams websites are run out of the league office in NY. The Reds have virtually no insight or input as to the content or displays on their own sight. I found that out when I called up to complain that not a thing was mentioned following the Stenson murder. The Reds were quite upset that they couldn't even mention that he had passed, but MLB was toooooooooo worried that Darnell might have been involved in some sort of criminality.

That really stinks.

Team Clark
11-24-2006, 09:20 PM
That really stinks.

Sad but true. Totalitarian environment.