PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Wii

captainmorgan07
11-21-2006, 11:13 PM
anybody pick one of these up might consider buying one till the rush for ps3 and xbox 360 goes down control looks alil intersting with all the motion sensoring doesn't have very many games out yet read zelda prolly best game out for it so far madden also out for it

cincyinco
11-22-2006, 01:56 AM
havne't gotten one yet, but i'm intrigued. and isn't metroid out? i'm a huge metroid nut from 8 bit days...

JUSTIN BAILEY

GAC
11-22-2006, 08:40 AM
Can't find one yet (for my son).

I've done some browsing on the 'net, and most of the main outlets say "unavailable", which I'm assuming their first batch is sold out.

GIK
11-22-2006, 08:43 AM
Unlike the PS3, though, Nintendo has supply they're shipping throughout the holidays. You should be able to get one, at sticker, before Christmas.

GAC
11-22-2006, 08:55 AM
Unline the PS3, though, Nintendo has supply they're shipping throughout the holidays. You should be able to get one, at sticker, before Christmas.

I hope so Matt or my 17 yr old, who is far bigger then I is gonna give me a whippin'. ;)

oneupper
11-22-2006, 09:30 AM
Amazon said it sold out in one minute. My kids want this..heck I want this.

GIK
11-22-2006, 09:40 AM
Don't forget that Amazon may be selling a limited supply of the XBOX360 tomorrow for $100, yes one-hundred-dollars.

Johnny Footstool
11-22-2006, 09:42 AM
I'd like to play one and see how well the motion sensors in the controls actuall work. There would be nothing more frustrating than to get one home and discover that all you can get the thing to do is turn left. I guess that would be OK for a Nascar game...

RedsFan75
11-22-2006, 10:00 AM
Buddy of mine got one on pre-order... He already sold it on ebay.

Said the controller only goverened the 'swing' or throw type stuff. He said the tennis game he had all you could do is swing the racket... had no control over the player lining up for the shot... the cpu handled that.

He's also got a PS3... Sold the Wii, and kept the PS3...

paintmered
11-22-2006, 11:46 AM
I'd like to play one and see how well the motion sensors in the controls actuall work. There would be nothing more frustrating than to get one home and discover that all you can get the thing to do is turn left. I guess that would be OK for a Nascar game...

My roommate pre-ordered one so I've had the chance to spend some quality time with it.

The remote and nunchuck are very intuitive and not at all frustrating. The games are very fun, especially when playing with others. There's something very cool about four people on their feet pretending to play tennis. The controls also help to make the games much more engaging because all of a sudden, you are the one swinging the tennis racket, or golf club.

The graphics are crap, but that's what not what this system is all about. It's relatively inexpensive and a TON of fun to play. There's also a pretty good selection of games available for it right now. Although good luck finding a copy of Zelda.

reds1869
11-22-2006, 06:42 PM
I picked mine up on launch day and love it. I also have a 360 and have spent most of my time with the Wii. Madden is incredibly fun with the new control scheme and Zelda is, well, Zelda.

I would highly recommend the Wii. As has been mentioned, the graphics aren't much, but they are certainly better than the PS2, Gamecube and Xbox--so they don't really hurt the experience. As for the guy's comment about the tennis game--it's a free pack in with the system, and essentially a tech demo! The game I've really enjoyed in Wii Sports (teh game included with the system) is Bowling, to which I'm currently addicted.

Highlifeman21
11-23-2006, 09:47 PM
Isn't this console aimed towards chicks?

paintmered
11-23-2006, 11:03 PM

No. I'm not sure where you heard that. I will say it is aimed towards a more general audience than the hardcore gaming crowd. If you are in the latter, then the PS3 is the system for you. For the rest of us, the Wii is pure entertainment gold.

But I do know that the PS3 isn't going to get you and three of your friends on their feet pretending they are in the finals of Wimbledon or at the bowling alley like the Wii does.

vaticanplum
11-23-2006, 11:10 PM

I would normally feel compelled to unleash a tirade in response to a comment like this. however, video games have long been the most damning proof to me that there are differences between men and women that simply cannot be overcome.

Yachtzee
11-23-2006, 11:50 PM
I think that the innovative controllers and the generally more kid-friendly game library makes the Wii an interesting choice for people beyond the normal gamer market. I hear there are plans to develop games that appeal to people beyond the age of the gamer market as well, based on that Nintendo DS game designed to exercise the brain. I haven't bought a game console in years, but the Wii has crossed my mind. If I bought a game console, I'd prefer one with games I can play with my young children rather than games I'd probably be more comfortable playing after the kids go to bed.

GAC
11-24-2006, 05:22 AM
I guess I am going to have to wait for the next shipment to the stores. I am keeping my eyes out though.

Found a few on the 'net where people were trying to sell them anywhere from $800-$1200. And some stupid person who wants one really bad will pay it.

My wife is going out today on Black Friday. I told here to look and what to pay.

Highlifeman21
11-25-2006, 07:44 PM
I would normally feel compelled to unleash a tirade in response to a comment like this. however, video games have long been the most damning proof to me that there are differences between men and women that simply cannot be overcome.

And I actually used the term "chicks" with you in mind, vaticanplum!

Having spent some time with the Wii today, I can definitely say I suck at bowling and the hitting aspect of the baseball game, but I'm money with the golf game and the tennis game.

Haven't tried the boxing yet.

This console isn't the one I thought was aimed towards chicks. Maybe it was the NDS before this. Not sure. I'm just going off what a DM of a Gamestop told me, said that Nintendo had a console out aimed specifically at chicks.

reds1869
11-25-2006, 09:45 PM
I'm just going off what a DM of a Gamestop told me, said that Nintendo had a console out aimed specifically at chicks.

Gamestop employees are often arrogant PS/MS fan boys. Don't listen to anything they say about Nintendo.

guttle11
11-25-2006, 11:26 PM
I'm sorry, but that controller makes playing video games on Wii too much like excersize.

Screw that noise.

KronoRed
11-25-2006, 11:37 PM
I thought the same until I noticed you can pick up a "classic" controller as well.

If I get a Wii, I'd get that.

reds1869
11-26-2006, 09:27 PM
I thought the same until I noticed you can pick up a "classic" controller as well.

If I get a Wii, I'd get that.

The classic controller is used to play virtual console games; it's not for use with standard Wii titles.

GAC
11-29-2006, 09:06 AM
When is the next batch gonna be released @@#!!!

minus5
11-29-2006, 02:36 PM
The guy at my local ToysRUs told me that you can probably expect to get one sometime before Christmas. I hope he's right. I've been calling the stores everyday hoping to time it right. My nephew (he's 30-ish) had one at my sister's house on Thankgiving. I enjoyed just wathing them play. I thought it was pretty cool. Cool enough that my wife said to get one for the family. So now it's a mission.

BoydsOfSummer
11-29-2006, 02:55 PM
So I can recreate my awesomely wicked slice in my very own living room with this thing, instead of on the course where everyone can see and laugh at me?

paintmered
11-29-2006, 03:26 PM
So I can recreate my awesomely wicked slice in my very own living room with this thing, instead of on the course where everyone can see and laugh at me?

Yes, yes you can. You can even invite friends over to laugh at you when you do it on the Wii. ;)

cincy09
11-29-2006, 04:30 PM
Went to Target yesterday and there were plenty in stock. Of course I'm located in the state up north, not sure if that helps anyone.

TC81190
11-29-2006, 10:01 PM
This console isn't the one I thought was aimed towards chicks. Maybe it was the NDS before this. Not sure. I'm just going off what a DM of a Gamestop told me, said that Nintendo had a console out aimed specifically at chicks.

The employees at Gamestop no nothing, and as said before, love to bash Nintendo based on conjecture. Never, ever, ask a Gamestop employee for buying advice. (Also, the DS wasn't aimed towards women either. They're full of it.)

I own the 360, PS3, and the Wii.

By far Wii is the best. It makes PS3 and 360 games feel like a borefest.

GAC
11-30-2006, 07:59 AM
Went to Target yesterday and there were plenty in stock. Of course I'm located in the state up north, not sure if that helps anyone.

Thats probably because they don't know what the heck this contraption is!! :evil:

GAC
11-30-2006, 10:28 AM
I see where those that snatched up that first batch of Wii's are now trying to capitalize on it, which they have the right to do, before the next batch comes out.

But personally I hope they choke on the darn things because I'm not that hard up for one to pay those ridiculous prices.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0009VXBAQ/sr=8-1/qid=1164900085/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-7773628-8510455?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

I told my teenager that I'd try my best to get him one before Christmas; but I'm not going to pay over the retail price of $249. And that he may have to wait till after Christmas when we all know that the shelves will be well stocked with them. ;)

GIK
12-14-2006, 10:52 AM
GAC, looks like this Sunday (12/17) is going to be the unofficial re-launch of the Wii. Stores are holding back stock and ads are supposed to be running. Saw it on a few other forums, so take it for what it's worth. Good luck!

Reds Fanatic
12-14-2006, 02:06 PM
If you get a Wii be careful with the controller. This website has several pictures of controllers that have broken flat screen TVs when the strap broke and the remote went flying throught the screen. Look at the damage toll on the right hand of the page and click on televisions to see the damage.

www.wiihaveaproblem.com

Yachtzee
12-15-2006, 12:06 AM
I see where those that snatched up that first batch of Wii's are now trying to capitalize on it, which they have the right to do, before the next batch comes out.

But personally I hope they choke on the darn things because I'm not that hard up for one to pay those ridiculous prices.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0009VXBAQ/sr=8-1/qid=1164900085/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1/002-7773628-8510455?ie=UTF8&s=videogames

I told my teenager that I'd try my best to get him one before Christmas; but I'm not going to pay over the retail price of $249. And that he may have to wait till after Christmas when we all know that the shelves will be well stocked with them. ;)

I'm with you there. I have a free Xbox360 on the way, but I'd much rather have the Wii. It just seems more "family friendly" than the Xbox and I would prefer something the kids could play. I'd probably be willing to trade the Xbox360 (Core System - $299 retail) for the Wii, but I wouldn't pay more that.

GIK
12-15-2006, 08:09 AM
Yachtzee...pick up 'Gears of War' for the 360 and you'll be amazed. There are some good-great titles out for it now. That being said, I'm trying to restrain myself from grabbing a Wii as well.

Red Leader
12-15-2006, 09:09 AM
Yachtzee...pick up 'Gears of War' for the 360 and you'll be amazed. There are some good-great titles out for it now. That being said, I'm trying to restrain myself from grabbing a Wii as well.

I'm looking for a Wii for my nephew. I'm going to get my son one after I finish our basement in the spring. I went to Game Stop yesterday (they didn't have any Wii's, but they did have Playstation 3's and XBox 360's, but that's besides the point). Anyway, what I was posting about was in reference to your Gears of War comment. I saw that demo at Game Stop yesterday and it is absolutely amazing. The graphics on that game are just flat out unbelievable.

Yachtzee
12-15-2006, 09:22 AM

Thanks for the tip. If I keep the Xbox, I think the three games I'll probably pick up are Madden, Viva Pinata (for the kids), and I'll look into that "Gears of War".

GAC
12-15-2006, 09:47 AM

Well if you can grab one up there in Michigan, then grab me one.

I sure as heck can't find one. Unless I want to be like those idiots on Ebay who are spending $500 on them.

I simply refuse.

GIK
12-15-2006, 10:15 AM
I'm going out to CC/BB on Sunday to pick up a few other things, but will see if any are in stock for you. If so, I'll grab one.

Jpup
12-16-2006, 02:27 AM
Thanks for the tip. If I keep the Xbox, I think the three games I'll probably pick up are Madden, Viva Pinata (for the kids), and I'll look into that "Gears of War".

skip Madden, it's horrible. NBA 2k7 is a great game if you like hoops at all. If you must have a football game, NCAA is much better.

bengalsown
12-16-2006, 08:56 AM
skip Madden, it's horrible. NBA 2k7 is a great game if you like hoops at all. If you must have a football game, NCAA is much better.

It's far from perfect, but it's definitely not "horrible"...

And I also have NCAA. They're both good games.

RBA
12-16-2006, 09:12 AM
Word on the net is some Sam's Club stores are getting Fedex shipments in today. If you are looking today, make Sam's a stop. Surely, not a sure thing.

WMR
12-16-2006, 09:19 AM
I got mine in the mail today from an order placed when they launched online... Definitely don't give anyone on ebay cash for a Wii. They should be "findable" in most locations before Christmas.

Reds Fanatic
12-16-2006, 09:33 AM
Amazon is going to sell some limited quantities of Wii and PS3 this week. If you are interested you can go to this page and sign up to try to get one from Amazon.

http://promotions.amazon.com/gp/holiday/cv/homepage/ref=amb_link_4088562_2/002-0023903-7169612

Jpup
12-16-2006, 05:26 PM
It's far from perfect, but it's definitely not "horrible"...

And I also have NCAA. They're both good games.

I guess that's an opinion, but mine is that it is horrible. :)

oneupper
12-18-2006, 11:17 AM
Amazon is going to sell some limited quantities of Wii and PS3 this week. If you are interested you can go to this page and sign up to try to get one from Amazon.

http://promotions.amazon.com/gp/holiday/cv/homepage/ref=amb_link_4088562_2/002-0023903-7169612

Thanks for the tip RF. Odds are set at 28-1 for the Wii. Hope I manage to get one for my daughter.

Red Leader
12-18-2006, 11:29 AM
I could not get one this weekend. My sister in law got to Target at 5:00am and there was already a line 30-40 people deep. That particular Target location only got 10 consoles.

Wal-Mart was much the same. Lines real long before 6am and only 12 consoles were shipped to them.

I'm going to be buying one this spring, and I don't expect any problems finding them then, but it's too bad that I couldn't find one for my nephew.

BuckeyeRedleg
12-18-2006, 11:48 AM
I could not get one this weekend. My sister in law got to Target at 5:00am and there was already a line 30-40 people deep. That particular Target location only got 10 consoles.

Wal-Mart was much the same. Lines real long before 6am and only 12 consoles were shipped to them.

I'm going to be buying one this spring, and I don't expect any problems finding them then, but it's too bad that I couldn't find one for my nephew.

The Target in Dublin (Sawmill Road) already had several people "camped out" at 11:30 on Saturday night.

Seriously, they had tents set up. I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

RBA
12-18-2006, 02:23 PM
I don't know whether to laugh or cry.

Cry? It's a freakin' video game system.

It's not like one of your family members got blown up in Iraq today waiting in line for gas.

BuckeyeRedleg
12-18-2006, 02:31 PM
Cry? It's a freakin' video game system.

It's not like one of your family members got blown up in Iraq today waiting in line for gas.

Easy there. I didn't mean cry because I couldn't get it. I could care less.

I meant I didn't know whether to laugh or cry over how pathetic it was.

I mean, people camping out for, as you said, "a freakin' video game system" all the while people are as you said getting "blown up in Iraq".

RBA
12-18-2006, 02:36 PM
Easy there. I didn't mean cry because I couldn't get it. I could care less.

I meant I didn't know whether to laugh or cry over how pathetic it was.

I mean, people camping out for, as you said, "a freakin' video game system" all the while people are as you said getting "blown up in Iraq".

Thanks. I was trying to put it in perspective and that's what you were trying to convey already. Sorry, I misinterpeted it.

BuckeyeRedleg
12-18-2006, 02:37 PM
Thanks. I was trying to put it in perspective and that's what you were trying to convey already. Sorry, I misinterpeted it.

No problemo.

Jpup
12-18-2006, 03:08 PM
Toys R Us will have them on 12/22 from what I am reading. That should be the last chance before Christmas.

Yachtzee
12-18-2006, 11:37 PM
I got the Xbox360 today. Came with an extra controller and a free game, which is nice. But the game is NBA2k7, so I might see if I can exchange it, as I am not a big basketball fan. That is, unless someone has a Wii they wish to trade. ;)

On a side note, UPS delivered it at 9 pm tonight. Must be doing late hours for the holidays. I've never gotten a package this late at night before.

WMR
12-19-2006, 04:12 PM
Yachtzee, what kind of games do you like? I've got around 25 or so games for my 360, so I can give you some advice on what games you should play.

Do you have the component video set-up? (do you have a HDTV?)

RBA
12-19-2006, 04:13 PM
Anyone in the MIlitary? It's available at AAFES.com right now. Two different WII bundles.

Yachtzee
12-20-2006, 12:45 PM
Yachtzee, what kind of games do you like? I've got around 25 or so games for my 360, so I can give you some advice on what games you should play.

Do you have the component video set-up? (do you have a HDTV?)

No, it will be some time before we get HDTV. I have to find a real job after I finish law school first.

I was thinking of picking up Viva Pinata or Cars for my son. He may still be a little young at 4, but I figure we can play it together. As far as my own personal preference, I always liked football and baseball games. As far as action/first-person-shooter games go, I prefer ones with a good story line rather than just random maximum carnage type games.

I might look into Dance Dance Revolution for the wife when it comes out for the 360.

savafan
12-20-2006, 01:19 PM
Toys R Us will have them on 12/22 from what I am reading. That should be the last chance before Christmas.

Where are you reading this at? I'm very eager to know!!!

savafan
12-20-2006, 02:20 PM
It looks like Toys R' Us is only selling them in the bundles. I'm just looking for the console... :(

Jpup
12-20-2006, 03:19 PM
It looks like Toys R' Us is only selling them in the bundles. I'm just looking for the console... :(

buy the bundle and take the rest of the stuff back.

savafan
12-20-2006, 05:25 PM
buy the bundle and take the rest of the stuff back.

Can you do that?

If anyone knows of any place anywhere in Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, or Michigan that actually has the console in stock, please let me know. There is a special 14 year old kid who has asked for nothing but this for Christmas this year, and I've made it my personal mission to see to it that he gets it. I'm planning on travelling wherever I have to go on Friday to find one. Any help is greatly appreciated. :)

GIK
12-20-2006, 05:56 PM
I was at KB Toys, GameStop, Sears, Target and Wal-Mart today looking for one of these...and struck out. Crazy!

GAC
12-20-2006, 08:17 PM
I was at KB Toys, GameStop, Sears, Target and Wal-Mart today looking for one of these...and struck out. Crazy!

Struck out too. Starting to feel like Adam Dunn. :evil:

I'm making one last venture over to Columbus on Friday to check out numerous places since I have to run over for other errands. But my son understands that he may not get one before Christmas.

After Christmas the shelves will be stocked with the things.

savafan
12-21-2006, 01:28 AM
So it looks like ebay might be my only shot here eh?

GIK
12-21-2006, 01:34 AM
Most likely.

That and Craigslist.

GAC
12-21-2006, 07:56 AM
My co-worker got one at the WalMarts in Lima, Ohio Wednesday. Her husband, who knows a worker at the WalMarts here in Bellefontaine, got some inside info that a new shipment of Wiis was arriving at the Bellefontaine WalMart via UPS between 10 AM - 2 PM today.

She has to go grocery shopping at WalMarts. so she said she'd "camp out" for the first couple of hours for me, and then I'm going to show up around noon and do likewise.

If it happens, and I can get more then one, then I will do so guys.

savafan
12-21-2006, 09:48 AM
My co-worker got one at the WalMarts in Lima, Ohio Thursday. Her husband, who knows a worker at the WalMarts here in Bellefontaine, got some inside info that a new shipment of Wiis was arriving at the Bellefontaine WalMart via UPS between 10 AM - 2 PM today.

She has to go grocery shopping at WalMarts. so she said she'd "camp out" for the first couple of hours for me, and then I'm going to show up around noon and do likewise.

If it happens, and I can get more then one, then I will do so guys.

Let me know how it goes. :)

minus5
12-21-2006, 10:05 AM
Well, it looks like this is just going to be a late Christmas gift. Hopefully by mid to late January they will be stocked with these things. The Boy (he's 5) and I are going to use this for extra dad/son bonding once the new baby arrives.

GAC
12-21-2006, 07:25 PM
I was a day late and a dollar short. It seems they got a shipment of 6 in on Wednesday, in which the sold out in about 10 minutes.

You're not going to find anything prior to Christmas.

I have to go over to Columbus tomorrow for a couple items, so I am going to check out a few places. But I am not getting my hopes up.

savafan
12-22-2006, 01:42 AM
I can't give up...I guess I'll pay what I have to in order to make this dream come true

GAC
12-22-2006, 03:22 AM
I can't give up...I guess I'll pay what I have to in order to make this dream come true

There's a sucker born every minute. ;)

Wait 2-3 more weeks and you'll be able to get one at retail price sava.

You're not in that big of a hurry are you to pay 2-3 times what they are worth? That's what those idiots on Ebay are hoping for.

I'm going over to Columbus this morning to finish up on a couple items. I know exactly what I am looking for, have planned it out like a special forces quick hit operation due the expected huge crowds for Friday.

If by chance I can land a Wii, and get an extra one, then I'll keep you in mind.

savafan
12-22-2006, 03:44 AM
You're not in that big of a hurry are you to pay 2-3 times what they are worth? That's what those idiots on Ebay are hoping for.

Hehe, I know...

This isn't even about me, it's about trying to make it a special Christmas for one special kid. I can't put a dollar value on that.

RBA
12-22-2006, 10:36 AM
PS3 BUNDLES AVAILABLE NOW AT CIRCUITCITY.COM

http://www.circuitcity.com/ccd/categorySpecial.do?catOid=-16622&cmSearchKeyword=ps3

savafan
12-22-2006, 10:50 AM
I found four PS3s available and in stock at...wait, I don't recall if it was Wal-Mart or Meijer in Troy or K-Mart in Piqua...I was at all three places early this morning, but I swear that one of them had PS3s in stock in store.

Red Leader
12-22-2006, 10:51 AM
I've seen PS3's in stock at Target and at both Gamestop locations in Dayton. They really aren't that hard to find anymore. Well, compared to the Wii.

GIK
12-22-2006, 10:55 AM
The 20-gigs are easy to find - it's the 60gig machines that are flying off the shelves. That said, I'd rather have a Wii over both. :)

GAC
12-22-2006, 01:40 PM
On the bulletin board at work, there are 3-4 PS3s that are listed as brand new, still in the factory sealed box, and listed for $700 OBO.

Why would someone go to all that trouble to get one, never open it, and then try to sell it for the price stated?

It makes no sense at all.

But then, what I am seeing people pay for a Wii on Ebay and elsewhere also makes no sense.

I was out today over in Columbus and called around to every major store in the area. Everyone of them said the same thing..... "We'll have them after Christmas."

Question: why couldn't you have them before Christmas, unless there was some sort of effort to keep the supplies limited, fuel the frenzy, and drive the price up?

But I am a patient man. My son didn't mind having to wait till after Christmas. He really had no choice though. ;)

GIK
12-22-2006, 02:41 PM
GAC, keep your eye on this:
http://www.xpbargains.com/wii_locator.php

Jpup
12-22-2006, 02:55 PM
something tells me that I will be getting a Wii for Christmas. :)

savafan
12-22-2006, 03:22 PM
Thanks to craigslist, I'm able to make a kids' Christmas wish come true. :)

GIK
12-22-2006, 03:25 PM
Right on, sava! It's only money. :)

savafan
12-22-2006, 03:28 PM
Right on, sava! It's only money. :)

That's what I'm telling myself. :)

GAC
12-22-2006, 04:28 PM
GAC, keep your eye on this:

Thanks Matt. I actually have been using that.

I love looking at the time tracker when certain stores have them, and then seeing them all gone 20 minutes later.

I just notified (emailed) a couple people using Craigslist in Columbus. They have the standard Wii console with a few games for around $350. One is in Dublin, which is a stones throw from me.

GIK
12-22-2006, 04:37 PM
If you can get a game or two included for $350, I'd say that's not a bad way to go. Good luck!

Jefferson24
12-22-2006, 04:51 PM
I bought one off Ebay. Paid $480, it came with the sports game and 2 extra games. It would have been $375 including tax retail if I could have found one. So yeah I overpaid but it's here and under the tree. I stood in line for a couple days in a row at the local Gamestop waiting on the UPS man just to find out that there were none on the truck. Ebay was just too much easier.

GIK
12-22-2006, 06:07 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20061222/tc_nm/videogames_shortages_dc

GAC
12-24-2006, 04:27 AM
I have two guys from Columbus, who I got off Craigslist, trying to sell me a Wii package that also includes extra games ($375). That ain't bad. One of the guys was trying to contact me late last night but I was at a family get-together, came home and crashed.

They both gave me their phone #'s, so I dashed them both off emails and will call this morning.

savafan
12-24-2006, 05:52 AM
I have two guys from Columbus, who I got off Craigslist, trying to sell me a Wii package that also includes extra games ($375). That ain't bad. One of the guys was trying to contact me late last night but I was at a family get-together, came home and crashed.

They both gave me their phone #'s, so I dashed them both off emails and will call this morning.

Good luck GAC, I got mine off of Craigslist for $400, which is still a lot cheaper than ebay. I wish I could be there to see him open it!

GIK
12-24-2006, 09:54 AM
Saw your other post, GAC...Congrats!

Jpup
12-24-2006, 11:25 AM
No Wii for me. :( I'll get one soon enough I guess. :)

GAC
12-25-2006, 07:38 AM
I drove over yesterday morning to Dublin and met the guy to get mine. He dropped the price $50 when I told him that I was waiting on the other guy in Columbus to get back with me on Sunday and his was for $350. I was basically "playing him", and he matched the other guy's price.

captainmorgan07
12-25-2006, 09:54 AM
i didn't get one either hoping to find one in the next few weeks

GAC
12-25-2006, 10:00 AM
We've been playing the bowling. Man is that a blast! The kids are kicking my butt! :evil:

Grandma and Grandpa were playing and really got into it. Until Grandpa's shoulder started hurting.

My son has it pretty much set up. It also comes with a trial internet browser. On a 60" Sony screen, Redszone never looked so good. :lol:

The golf is pretty good; but the baseball sucks. It's should be called Mario Baseball!

fewfirstchoice
12-25-2006, 10:18 PM
I finally got to open my Wii on Christmas eve.I waited in line for 19 hours to get one but couldnt play it for over a month and 6 days later(had to wait for christams).Thats cruel isnt it,but at lesat I got one.My cousin also has a PS3 and I think the Wii is 2 to1 better than the PS3.PS3 has great graphics but not that much better than the Wii if you play them both on HD TV's.Wii's game play is so much better than the PS3 that no matter the graphics on the PS3 it still doesnt compare.

Jpup
12-25-2006, 10:32 PM
I finally got to open my Wii on Christmas eve.I waited in line for 19 hours to get one but couldnt play it for over a month and 6 days later(had to wait for christams).Thats cruel isnt it,but at lesat I got one.My cousin also has a PS3 and I think the Wii is 2 to1 better than the PS3.PS3 has great graphics but not that much better than the Wii if you play them both on HD TV's.Wii's game play is so much better than the PS3 that no matter the graphics on the PS3 it still doesnt compare.

It's all about the games. PS3 hasn't got the games yet, but it will. 360 has the best selection right now. I am going to have all 3 before summer probably, but I think the Wii controller will get old fast. When MLB '07 comes out, it will be the time to invest in a PS3.

WMR
12-25-2006, 11:07 PM
There's no "must-have" game for the PS3 out right now, much less anything that can come anywhere close to a "Gears of War."

Zelda is so bad-ass on Wii. Straight 10's in EGM, something almost *never* seen.

Wii gets two thumbs up from me. Fun, easy to pick up and play, innovative... I think Nintendo will undoubtedly be successful yet again in carving out their own niche in this latest incantation of the "console wars."

GIK
12-26-2006, 12:58 AM
I'm still a fence-rider about the PS3. One of two things will force me to pick it up, though. 1) Gran Turismo HD and, 2) If Blu-Ray wins the format war vs. HD-DVD.

Red Leader
12-27-2006, 09:07 AM
EB Games and GameStop have the Nintendo Wii "most wanted bundle" with 6 games available online. The price is $680.

WMR
12-27-2006, 09:30 AM
I'm still a fence-rider about the PS3. One of two things will force me to pick it up, though. 1) Gran Turismo HD and, 2) If Blu-Ray wins the format war vs. HD-DVD.

It'll be the next Metal Gear for me, GIK. That thing will be unbelievable.

WMR
12-28-2006, 01:24 PM
How is everyone who got a Wii enjoying their system? What games have you played? I'm loving creating "Mii's!" Haha! Zelda is far and away the best game, but the included "Wii Sports" is pretty fun too!

Nintendo is going to do some amazing and inventive things with this controller scheme!

Razor Shines
12-29-2006, 02:38 AM

I have a PS3, so I am hoping that Blu-Ray wins. I have only bought one game for it so far, Tiger Woods. I had Tiger Woods 07 for my ps2 and when I got my ps3 I didn't really want to buy it again thinking it would be the same game. I was wrong, it's a completely different game for ps3. The graphics (though only in 720) are amazing, I love it.

GAC
12-30-2006, 05:51 AM
How is everyone who got a Wii enjoying their system? What games have you played? I'm loving creating "Mii's!" Haha! Zelda is far and away the best game, but the included "Wii Sports" is pretty fun too!

Nintendo is going to do some amazing and inventive things with this controller scheme!

I've been off all week due to Honda shutdown. The bowling and golf games are great IMO. The baseball stinks.

But the bowling simply amazes me. It's like actually bowling. Of course a 60" screen also helps. The kids and I have been playing it endlessly.

I had to quit last night though. I pulled a gluteus maximus muscle (no kidding) :mooner:

StantontheRed
12-30-2006, 03:16 PM
I dont have a Wii but my cousin fewfirstchoice got one and I play his alot.I myself got the PS3 with Residence Fall of Man which is a awesome game but the Wii seems to be a little better right now.The Wii is a more realistic console to play and its just fun.The grahics on the PS3 is just awesome but the game play is sluggish.The Wii has great game play and games but the grahics isnt great but thye are good.RFOM is a good game but isnt nothing close to ZeldA or even Wii sports.FFC got Zelda,GT PRO racing,and Marvel Ultimate Alliance with his Wii and all games are good with 2 being great.With my PS3 I just got RFOM which is good but the game just isnt as good.If I could only have one I would get a Wii at this time.Now the PS3 have more room for growth so my oppinon may cahnge in a year or so but now the Wii is the console I would pick to play.

KronoRed
12-30-2006, 03:58 PM
It'll be the next Metal Gear for me, GIK. That thing will be unbelievable.
Yeah I only buy 2 games, NCAA and Metal Gear..darn exclusives :(