PDA

View Full Version : Eric Gagne

Krusty
11-22-2006, 10:28 AM
Just wonder if this guy is toast or worth signing to an incentive based contract?

Danny Serafini
11-22-2006, 10:42 AM
http://www.co.mohave.az.us/WIC/images/toast.gif

redsfan30
11-22-2006, 11:08 AM
I think Paul Wilson's arm might be in better shape than Gagne's.

RedsManRick
11-22-2006, 11:10 AM
Gagne would be a wonderful addition at a league minimum base and major incentives. Unfortunately, somebody will give him a few million guaranteed. Dude is going to have to learn how to pitch without dominating stuff. He tried to do that as a starter and stunk.

Redsland
11-22-2006, 11:13 AM
I'd rather have him rehabbing for us than Grant Balfour.

PuffyPig
11-22-2006, 12:39 PM
I understand a number of teams seem willing tio sig him for $10M guaranteed this year. Or at least that's what is being reported. Hard to believe.

Chip R
11-22-2006, 12:50 PM
I understand a number of teams seem willing tio sig him for $10M guaranteed this year. Or at least that's what is being reported. Hard to believe.

Not so hard to believe when Juan Pierre is getting $9M a year for 5 years, Soriano getting 8 years and Matthews getting $11M a year for 5 years. Someone is dumb enough to take him for that and I hope it isn't the Reds.

bucksfan
11-22-2006, 12:55 PM
Not so hard to believe when Juan Pierre is getting $9M a year for 5 years, Soriano getting 8 years and Matthews getting $11M a year for 5 years. Someone is dumb enough to take him for that and I hope it isn't the Reds.

Man, those are all contracts I am glad the Reds don't have to deal with! I guess on an unlimited budget some of them might be OK, but even then it makes them hard to move if you need to.

NJReds
11-22-2006, 01:01 PM

I heard that this was his asking price. The Red Sox were sniffing around, which makes me think that Boras is his agent. The Red Sox seem to want to please Mr. Boras in the worst way to get Daisuke on the roster. So they're driving up the price on his clients, like JD Drew.

Redsland
11-22-2006, 01:23 PM
Very.

PuffyPig
11-22-2006, 02:21 PM
Hard to believe because who know's if he's healthy enough to pitch this season?

GridironGrace
11-25-2006, 05:46 AM
too many injuries... only way i sign him at all is very cheap and very short contract....

Caveat Emperor
11-25-2006, 05:06 PM
Just wonder if this guy is toast or worth signing to an incentive based contract?

Only if he gets a lifetime supply of Vitamin-S and one of Ontarrio Smith's original whizzinators.

Reds Nd2
11-25-2006, 08:07 PM
I'd rather have him rehabbing for us than Grant Balfour.

Grant Balfour was claimed off waivers by the Brewers. ;)

I heard that this was his asking price. The Red Sox were sniffing around, which makes me think that Boras is his agent. The Red Sox seem to want to please Mr. Boras in the worst way to get Daisuke on the roster. So they're driving up the price on his clients, like JD Drew.

Scott Boras is Gagne's agent but the Red Sox don't have much to worry about keeping him happy to get Matsuzaka on the roster. Boras just doesn't have his usual leverage. His client really wants to play in the U.S. now. His client won't be a free agent next season, so if he doesn't sign with the Red Sox, it will be up to the Seibu Lions whether he gets posted again next season. As much as that team seams strapped for cash, there is always the chance he wouldn't get posted. And there is always the chance if Matsuzaka doesn't get signed that he could choose a different agent next time around. It's in Boras' best interests to get his client signed this time.