PDA

View Full Version : Trade Targets

Mario-Rijo
11-24-2006, 01:22 PM
Not neccessarily for us but guys in general who might be available for trade. This should help define what's possible for all teams needs, therefore identifying who is likely to stay or go. Obviously FA signings will have some impact on who the new team can or cannot deal to address other needs.

Remember though this is "might be" based mainly on rumors, if we listed everyone that is tradeable then we might as well just get MLB's directory and cut & paste the whole dang thing. Although we might add a few names based on logic, for example if we signed Bengie Molina my 1st reaction would be that Ross is on his way out.

I wanna do it a little differently however to get everyone involved so I will put 2 names out there. The next poster must take one of those 2 players who he thinks is most likely to be dealt and then add a name to it, and so on.

The only rule is you cannot take both names from the previous poster, you must add a new name to the mix or use one of the names that was used prior to the previous poster. If a poster asks you to qualify either of your trade names you must either answer with OBVIOUS logic (as listed above in the example) or paste a link to where you heard the rumor. It must be a reasonable source (ESPN/CNNSI/FOXSPORTS/AP) or at the very least be a reasonably obvious scenario (no Johan Santana for Scott Podsednik deals it's simply not reasonable). If you cannot do either you must apply a different name that qualifies.

So I am going to start this list with these 2 names:

Chone Figgins 2B/3B/OF Angels or Jason Jennings RHP Colorado

Who's Next?

mth123
11-24-2006, 01:34 PM
I'll play and go with Jason Jennings and Horacio Ramirez.

RedsManRick
11-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Why Chone Figgins? He's Ryan Freel if Freel couldn't get on base quite as well. Do we really need another one?

I'll go Jason Jennings and Jake Westbrook.

Mario-Rijo
11-24-2006, 01:44 PM
Why Chone Figgins? He's Ryan Freel if Freel couldn't get on base quite as well. Do we really need another one?

This isn't strictly for us it's simply identifying possible trade targets for all teams. What it helps us with is to identify who is out there available for a deal that might indirectly or perhaps directly affect us. Plus it gives everyone a chance to really get a good idea of what all teams are thinking.

fewfirstchoice
11-24-2006, 03:22 PM
Trade Dunn and Cormier

to angels for

Ervin Santana and Scott Shields

Trade Freel,Belisle,and Wood

for

Jason Jennings or Westbrook

These 2 trades would give Cincy a great rotation:
Harang
Arroyo
Jennings
Santana
Milton

Great Bullpen as well:
Stanton L
Bray L
Coffey R
Majewski R
Move Loshe to the Bullpen as well R
Resign Weathers for another setup man R
Shields as closer

Strong Bullpen and rotation,not much better in the NL on any team.

For the OF we could play JR. in Right and Dino in C.Sign Nixon to play left.The team wouldnt be as offensive minded but could still score some runs.Wouldnt need that many with that pitching staff.

thatcoolguy_22
11-24-2006, 03:30 PM
I think this thread is moving slightly off base but I will attempt to bringit back

Jake Westbrook (Indians) and Freddy Garcia (White Sox)

Tigs
11-24-2006, 03:46 PM
Jake Westbrook and Jeremy Bonderman

Krusty
11-24-2006, 05:25 PM
Dunn and Belisle to the Orioles for OF Nick Markakis and RHP Daniel Cabrera.

Natty Redlocks
11-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Jake Westbrook and Coco Crisp

Falls City Beer
11-24-2006, 05:44 PM
Coco Crisp

The Reds have plenty of dink n' dunk hitters (though Crisp does hit a double or two). They need thunder.

I guess what I'm saying is that I could easily see Deno putting up numbers like Crisp's next season. I'd prefer to go with power, which is woefully lacking from the starting lineup and the bench.

fewfirstchoice
11-24-2006, 08:21 PM
I like your trade Krusty!

RedLegSuperStar
11-24-2006, 09:41 PM
Pitchers: Westbrook, Lidge, Y.Petit, Garland, G. Floyd

Hitters: Blalock (convert to 1st/OF), Crawford, Baldelli

BigRed
11-24-2006, 11:55 PM
Peavy