PDA

View Full Version : My New Love!

Raisor
11-24-2006, 08:00 PM
No, Amanda and I didn't split. 13 months of wedded bliss now.

My new love is:

http://www.atlantathrashers.com/Resources/News/blueland_flag_210.jpg

I heart the Atlanta Thrashers. Hockey good.

deltachi8
11-24-2006, 11:15 PM
Hockey very good.

Atlanta is a very, very fun team to watch. My next game is Sabres-Thrashers Dec 30 - if your in the neighborhood Raisor, I'll hold a seat for you.

Raisor
11-25-2006, 07:17 AM
Hockey very good.

Atlanta is a very, very fun team to watch. My next game is Sabres-Thrashers Dec 30 - if your in the neighborhood Raisor, I'll hold a seat for you.

I've got tix for the Dec 9 Penguins game.

On thanksgiving Amanda and I stopped by our church, to say hi to everyone having dinner there, and the first thing our pastor said was "did you see the fight last night?".

Blueland rules.

westofyou
11-25-2006, 10:39 AM
I heart the Atlanta Thrashers. Hockey good.

Yep, bout time you noticed. ;)

BTW any BJ's fans want to explain what happened to their coach? I turn my back on the game for a few days and next thing I know Ken Hitchcock is standing behind the bench.

BTW Ken is more of an old style NHL coach (defense and smack and grab) thn the new NHL style... I'd be very afraid.

Highlifeman21
11-25-2006, 10:57 AM

BTW any BJ's fans want to explain what happened to their coach? I turn my back on the game for a few days and next thing I know Ken Hitchcock is standing behind the bench.

BTW Ken is more of an old style NHL coach (defense and smack and grab) thn the new NHL style... I'd be very afraid.

Let's see how long Ken lasts in Columbus. This year started off so swimmingly for him in Philly.

Ken definitely got outcoached and outskated by Buffalo last year in the playoffs. Apparently Ken doesn't like to adjust to one of the fastest teams in the league and likes to play an overrated Esche in net.

Made for a great equation for his departure here.

ochre
11-25-2006, 11:18 AM

Evidently the owners decided they needed a big name coach to turn the corner and start winning...

westofyou
11-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Evidently the owners decided they needed a big name coach to turn the corner and start winning...
Really?

Last year they needed a workman coach to teach the youngsters and start winning.

Oh well, what they really need is a 3rd line and a couple of more defenseman.. and a name goalie.

I haven't really looked at stats this year, but the BJ's seem to have little depth at C, scoring problems and their 2 main D guys are a combined -29.

Ouch. They need minutes from a center who produces, currently Sergio averages 18 a game and he has a whole 8 points.

Raisor
11-25-2006, 11:44 AM
Thrashers have now lost five of six. bah

They got off to a great start, but are now stinking it up. I still heart Blueland though.

ochre
11-25-2006, 12:31 PM
despite living the greater columbus area, I don't follow them all that closely. I just happened to see a dispatch article a week or so ago that covered their desire for a 'big-name' coach.

They seem to have all the signs of "floundering franchise" if you ask me. I don't think they really know hockey. They figure if they can "do this one more thing" it will put them over the edge, without really understanding where the edge lies.

It's sort of like the IT department that keeps buying new products to fix process issues, not that I'm bitter much, of course... :)

deltachi8
11-25-2006, 09:45 PM
I'd be interested to see how Hitch does with the Jackets. Not his biggest fan certainly, but I always thought the biggest problem in Philly was Bobby Clark.

By the way, the Sabres now only have single seats left for the remainder of the season. So glad I got in on a pair of seaon tix (sharing them) - it has been a great entertainment investment.

Chip R
11-25-2006, 10:14 PM
I guess someone needs to photoshop that picture of Raisor and the Playmates and replace them with 4 hockey players. ;)

I hope you and the Thrashers will be very happy together, Raisor.

savafan
11-25-2006, 10:18 PM
I don't understand this at all. Can someone interpret Canadian for me?

Raisor
04-08-2007, 10:08 PM
The Atlanta Thrashers, 2006-07 South East Division Champions

Believe in Blueland!

westofyou
04-08-2007, 10:38 PM
Congrats to the Thrashers, good luck vs the Rangers... not much defense vs that vet crew will be a tough row to hoe

westofyou
04-19-2007, 09:25 AM
Sorry Raisor, welcome to the disappointment of the NHL playoffs, it's a different game then the season.

Heath
04-19-2007, 09:31 AM
Goodbye Thrashers, we hardly knew ye.

M2
04-19-2007, 09:49 AM
As a Rangers fan, I've got to say that whupping felt good, been a long time coming. The club stumbled into some serious chemistry at the trade deadline. Sean Avery and Paul Mara turned out to be exactly what the franchise needed, along with the callup of Ryan Callahan.

Should be interesting to see who the Rangers get in the next round. It will be either Buffalo or Ottawa dependent on how the Devils-Lightning series pans out and either of those matchups should make for some compelling hockey.

westofyou
04-19-2007, 09:54 AM
Sean Avery is a mucker, he'll wear out his welcome in NY eventually (teammates, fans, coach etc..) but he's a playoff hockey player, and something the Rangers needed.

M2
04-19-2007, 03:18 PM
Sean Avery is a mucker, he'll wear out his welcome in NY eventually (teammates, fans, coach etc..) but he's a playoff hockey player, and something the Rangers needed.

New Yorkers love guys like that, pretty much unconditionally.

He reminds me of Dale Hunter. In fact, he's positively channeling Dale Hunter. He'll be despised by everyone else, but he'll be adored by his home team.

westofyou
04-19-2007, 03:27 PM
New Yorkers love guys like that, pretty much unconditionally.

He reminds me of Dale Hunter. In fact, he's positively channeling Dale Hunter. He'll be despised by everyone else, but he'll be adored by his home team.

He's like a less talented and slightly larger version of Theo Fleury.

M2
04-19-2007, 04:20 PM
He's like a less talented and slightly larger version of Theo Fleury.

Like I said, Dale Hunter.

The Rat was cut from the same mold. Esa Tikkanen and Claude Lemieux were larger models.

westofyou
04-19-2007, 04:22 PM
Like I said, Dale Hunter.

The Rat was cut from the same mold. Esa Tikkanen and Claude Lemieux were larger models.

In San Jose the fans would get worked into a frenzy when Fleury came to town, it was hilarious, he worked the crowd like a pro.

Patrick Bateman
04-19-2007, 11:33 PM
Hey West, the Flames aren't making it too easy on you, eh?

westofyou
04-20-2007, 12:15 AM
Hey West, the Flames aren't making it too easy on you, eh?

Gawd no, but the Wings always play bad in Alberta. They miss Kromwell, he's the guy that hits the most and attacks the best in the rush from the defense. They also miss a sniper in the Shanny or Hull tradition, it will be interesting over the weekend, the older Wings are hurt by the quick turnaround on Sunday.

Patrick Bateman
04-20-2007, 12:20 AM
Gawd no, but the Wings always play bad in Alberta. They miss Kromwell, he's the guy that hits the most and attacks the best in the rush from the defense. They also miss a sniper in the Shanny or Hull tradition, it will be interesting over the weekend, the older Wings are hurt by the quick turnaround on Sunday.

Ya. I like Kronwall. He's always looked like he would be a solid NHL d-man.

I'm a Blackhawks fan at heart, so I always have respect for the Wings (god the wings beat the blackhawks a lot). I do go to a lot of Flames games, and watch a lot of their road games and I really believe they have underachieved this season. Probably one of the better 8th seeds in my mind.

Should be an interesting final 3 games. I bet it goes to 7.

Patrick Bateman
04-23-2007, 12:48 AM
Hey WOY, congrats on the 1st series win. The better team clearly won.

westofyou
04-23-2007, 09:26 AM
Hey WOY, congrats on the 1st series win. The better team clearly won.

The Reds Wings generally run into 1 hot goalie a year, hopefully last night was the last time, Kipper was on, and the Wings have big problems when a goalie steals their mojo. However they like the Reds are missing a big RH swinger, the Wings just happen to need it at the point, not in the middle of the order.

Patrick Bateman
04-23-2007, 02:28 PM
The Reds Wings generally run into 1 hot goalie a year, hopefully last night was the last time, Kipper was on, and the Wings have big problems when a goalie steals their mojo. However they like the Reds are missing a big RH swinger, the Wings just happen to need it at the point, not in the middle of the order.

Ya Kipper was something else.

He made some incredible saves during that 4 minute PP in OT. And your right, the Wings just lacked the guy that could finish off the plays. Detroit had tons of set-ups unlike the Flames but just couldn't quite get them past Kipper.