PDA

View Full Version : How Many Have Their Christmas Tree Up?

GAC
11-25-2006, 07:54 AM
My wife put ours up yesterday, after she got home from Black Friday. That is the earliest we have ever done it.

I laid on the couch and supervised.

She did one heck of a job! :lol:

KittyDuran
11-25-2006, 08:19 AM
Have lights and a new lighted display (3 presents) in the front up, and a lot of knick-knack around the house.

RedsBaron
11-25-2006, 08:31 AM
Not yet. I never like to see it up until after Thanksgiving. I halfway expected us to start putting it up yesterday, but a day at the movies stopped that, and we have a day of sports today.

macro
11-25-2006, 08:55 AM
Our main one, the one in the living room, went up last Sunday. We usually do it the weekend before Thanksgiving. My wife takes of that, while I take care of the outside stuff. Yesterday she put up trees in the kids' rooms.

RFS62
11-25-2006, 09:14 AM
Mine are up.... up in the attic.

Spring~Fields
11-25-2006, 10:04 AM
Mine are up.... up in the attic.

:roll: :roll:

11-25-2006, 10:12 AM
My great grandmother, who died about 40 years ago (I barely remember her), lived in an old farmhouse out in the country. She was a cross, harsh old woman I have heard. She had an artificial tree even way back then. She kept it decorated all year round, and she had a room off of her front room. She slid it out of there into her front before Christmas, and back in there after. Quick and easy.

RANDY IN INDY
11-25-2006, 10:18 AM
We put ours up, yesterday. I say, "We". Matt and I helped until we had to take off for baseball practice, and when we returned home, the job was done. Momma, as Matt calls her, did a great job!

RANDY IN INDY
11-25-2006, 10:20 AM
She was a cross, harsh old woman

I remember a lot of old country ladies that could be described in those exact words. That breed has just about dissappeared. My grandmother on my father's side was a lot like that.

OldRightHander
11-25-2006, 10:48 AM
Mine goes up the day after Thanksgiving every year and doesn't come down until January 6. I grew up Methodist and still find myself observing all of that "Church calendar" stuff.

BUTLER REDSFAN
11-25-2006, 10:58 AM
was planning on putting ours up right after the bengals beat the browns sunday

GAC
11-25-2006, 11:42 AM
Of course if you're a redneck, your tree (and outer lights) have been up all year.

All ya had to do was plug them in. :lol:

westofyou
11-25-2006, 11:50 AM
I remember a lot of old country ladies that could be described in those exact words. That breed has just about dissappeared. My grandmother on my father's side was a lot like that.

I know a lot of old city ladies like that.

My grandmother, watched the Mets, bowled 200 games, chain smoked Eve cigarettes and worked as an accountant at a Dairy. Her hobby was listening to the police scanner in her room, playing with her 13 cats and driving my grandfather crazy.

Most folks love their grandma... mine scared the crap out of me.

Oh and I don't believe Christmas exists until after 12-10

traderumor
11-25-2006, 12:09 PM
Let's see, I think it was the Thursday before Thanksgiving. I was also listening to Christmas music that day. We have small kids and Jesus being born is pretty cool to celebrate, so its a really fun time around our house, so why not start early? :help:

savafan
11-25-2006, 01:44 PM
My fiancee made me throw out the tree I used last year, and I bought a new one at the end of the season when everything was on sale. When she left me, she took the tree...never even took it out of the box.

Now all I have are a few ornaments, and it'd be silly to hang them on my TV set or somewhere...

GIK
11-25-2006, 02:12 PM
Mine's been up for a few days. My parents came to our place for Thanksgiving and we did Christmas as well (we won't see them in December).

Ltlabner
11-25-2006, 02:14 PM
Mrs Ltlabner put the tree up the day after Thanksgiving. She's pretty good about decorating the house. A few nice Christmass touches without being guady and tacky. No lights outside. She keeps the tree decorated and covered in plastic. She hauled it up from the laundry room and within 10 minutes or so it was ready to go.

The best part...I don't have anything to do with any of it.

Reds Nd2
11-25-2006, 04:53 PM
My fiancee made me throw out the tree I used last year, and I bought a new one at the end of the season when everything was on sale. When she left me, she took the tree...never even took it out of the box.

Now all I have are a few ornaments, and it'd be silly to hang them on my TV set or somewhere...

You might try what I did last year. I moved some books from the top shelf of my computer desk and placed a red cloth and some angel hair around a porcelain Christmas village and a few ornaments. Just some stuff my ex left when she cleaned out the house. Took about five minutes but the results were worth it. At least in my experiance, women will understand a single guy with no kids not putting up a tree, but they like the fact that your so creative and in the Christmas spirit. It really puts them in a Christmas mood, so to speak. It is the season of giving after all. :)

pedro
11-25-2006, 05:22 PM
Tree killers ;)

Blimpie
11-25-2006, 05:22 PM
By rule, the Festivus Pole may not be put up until December 15th.

vaticanplum
11-25-2006, 05:46 PM
In my family the tree never went up until Christmas Eve. Stayed til January 6.

We've gone all anarchist the last few years since christmas Eve tends to be a busy day. Now it goes up as early as the 22nd.

LoganBuck
11-25-2006, 11:02 PM
My wife puts ours up on the day after Thanksgiving. I prefer the first day of Advent. It doesn't come down till at least the January 8th and this year it will be up until after the Fiesta Bowl. Because we don't take it down till after the Fiesta Bowl, new Buckeye Tradition.

GAC
11-26-2006, 05:56 AM
Tree killers ;)

You should hear them scream when I run them through this to make my mulch. :lol:

http://mygreathomeandyard.com/library/15hpElectricWoodChipperShredderModelcsv-2515w200.jpg

RedsBaron
11-26-2006, 08:17 AM
My wife and 9 year old son started putting up our tree yesterday afternoon while I took my 14 year old to a WV state high school AA semi-final football game--won by our mighty Wayne Pioneers 14-7. We still have very few decorations up.

OldRightHander
11-26-2006, 09:57 AM
You should hear them scream when I run them through this to make my mulch. :lol:

http://mygreathomeandyard.com/library/15hpElectricWoodChipperShredderModelcsv-2515w200.jpg

I don't know if I'd trust you with one of those. ;)

RFS62
11-26-2006, 10:20 AM
I don't know if I'd trust you with one of those. ;)

I'd sooner give a machine gun to a chimpanzee in a crowded mall than give one of those to GAC.

GAC
11-26-2006, 06:43 PM
I'd sooner give a machine gun to a chimpanzee in a crowded mall than give one of those to GAC.

I'll have you know that I do a finger inventory after every use, and still have 7 like everyone else. ;)

BUTLER REDSFAN
11-26-2006, 09:33 PM
was planning on putting ours up right after the bengals beat the browns sunday

of course, it's a lot nicer putting the tree up after a 30-0 shellacking :)

bucksfan
11-27-2006, 02:25 PM
It's up but not decorated yet. All the other decorations are up (accomplished in the incredible weather we had Sunday), but we did not get to trimming the tree before our daughter's bedtime. We'll do that tonight so she can help out.

TeamMorris
11-28-2006, 07:54 PM
No tree yet but did get the outside lights up yesterday and made the trip to the mall to see Santa today. It's a start. The tree is in my near future though. My little one has been asking me to put it up for 3 days now.