PDA

View Full Version : Giants to wait to sign Rich

Willy
11-26-2006, 02:54 PM
Per Rotoworld
The Giants may wait until after the Dec. 1 arbitration deadline to ink Rich Aurilia, who is expected to get a two- or a three-year deal.

"We have no problem waiting, and I'm not saying it has to be done before then, but there's a danger in that," said agent Barry Axelrod. "It takes one call from a team like the Yankees, Red Sox or Angels to blow any offer out of the water." We wouldn't be so concerned about that, but because the Reds are practically certain to offer Aurilia arbitration, there isn't much sense in waiting. There's hardly any chance Aurilia would accept arbitration to be a part-time player in Cincinnati when he can get a multiyear deal elsewhere.

I don't think it will matter, the Reds will offer Arbitration and he will decline

RedLegSuperStar
11-26-2006, 03:20 PM
We'll get a compensation draft pick then.. correct?

Joseph
11-26-2006, 03:28 PM
Something about SF's pick being in the top 15 means we dont get it, but Aurilia being a type A means we'll get two picks somewhere, both may be sandwich picks or something though.

Will M
11-26-2006, 11:10 PM
' I don't think it will matter, the Reds will offer Arbitration and he will decline "

I agree.

Jpup
11-27-2006, 01:25 AM
"We have no problem waiting, and I'm not saying it has to be done before then, but there's a danger in that," said agent Barry Axelrod. "It takes one call from a team like the Yankees, Red Sox or Angels to blow any offer out of the water."

Why does he think that the Yankees, Red Sox, or Angels are going to offer more than San Francisco? IMO, they all 3 have better options on the table already. I'm sure the Giants are worried about it. You've got to love that Barry Axelrod.