PDA

View Full Version : Interesting should we go after Chris Ray?

NatiRedGals
11-27-2006, 12:23 AM
Also, Danys Baez looks to be headed to Baltimore. The Orioles seem to think that, whatever their problems were last year, they can be solved with a very expensive bullpen. It's a three-year deal, according to the Baltimore Sun, and I suppose it could open up the possibility that Chris Ray could be traded for something that the Orioles really need. Like, oh, I don't know, an 1B/OF/DH type who can hit above replacement level? (Otherwise known as "the Fahey line.")

Im sure we can come up with a 1B or OF or even a DH that can hit for them

http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/

mound_patrol
11-27-2006, 08:47 AM
The article with the Baez signing said they are committed to having Ray be their closer. Baez is going to set up Ray

Redus
11-27-2006, 09:01 AM
Theres no way hes available. He was lights out last year.

NJReds
11-27-2006, 10:49 AM
The article with the Baez signing said they are committed to having Ray be their closer. Baez is going to set up Ray

I thought Baez wanted to close? Seems odd that he accepted an offer to be a setup guy -- unless nobody came close to that kind of money.

mound_patrol
11-27-2006, 11:04 AM
I thought Baez wanted to close? Seems odd that he accepted an offer to be a setup guy -- unless nobody came close to that kind of money.

I would have to say the money definitly changed his mind there. Thats a lot of cash for a set up guy.

TOBTTReds
11-27-2006, 11:08 AM
Over 6 mil for a good set up guy...interesting off season so far.

RedLegSuperStar
11-27-2006, 12:54 PM
That is a lot.. a lot of money to set someone up. If so that was wasted money. MLB 175 on XM radio was under the impression Baez is the O's new closer and so am I. Chris Ray will most likly be used as bait to like you said acquire a 1B/OF/DH. Might be a good situation for us.

I'd like to get Chris Ray, Hayden Penn, and maybe a mid level prospect in return for Adam Dunn