11-27-2006, 06:22 PM
Who ya got?

Degenerate39
11-27-2006, 06:42 PM
Concepcion and Eric Davis all the way

Slyder
11-27-2006, 06:46 PM
Who ya got?

How many "votes" do the actual voters get?

M2
11-27-2006, 06:58 PM
Voters get up to 10 votes.

I picked the two obvious guys: Gwynn and Ripken.

Six guys I've long thought deserve induction: Blyleven, Concepcion, John, Morris, Smith and Trammell.

And two heartstrings guys: Davis and O'Neil (might be the only chance to vote for them).

I've got no complaints about votes for Parker, Dawson, Rice, Garvey or Gossage either.

Jpup
11-28-2006, 10:47 AM
I would love for Eric Davis to get in, but I couldn't vote for him. His numbers just are not good enough for long enough. He is my favorite player of all time. That doesn't count for much though.:D

Red Leader
11-28-2006, 01:37 PM
Voters get up to 10 votes.

I picked the two obvious guys: Gwynn and Ripken.

Six guys I've long thought deserve induction: Blyleven, Concepcion, John, Morris, Smith and Trammell.

And two heartstrings guys: Davis and O'Neil (might be the only chance to vote for them).

I've got no complaints about votes for Parker, Dawson, Rice, Garvey or Gossage either.

You say no to Orel Hershiser? I think if Morris gets in, Hershiser should be in. Granted, that's a big "if", but I think Hershiser is deserving.

M2
11-28-2006, 02:05 PM
You say no to Orel Hershiser? I think if Morris gets in, Hershiser should be in. Granted, that's a big "if", but I think Hershiser is deserving.

My knock on Hershiser is he didn't pitch quite enough to make it onto the career lists. Morris gets the nod from me for, as much as anything else, being durable.

Hershiser best seasons were better, no doubt about it. If he hadn't lost his last three World Series starts, I might even be willing to vote for him due to extraordinary postseason excellence.

For me, Morris had the longevity and high spots to make it. Hershiser, probably because he's such a wisp of a man, wore down a bit quicker and I don't at the moment view his high spots as high enough to overcome that.

Though if someone wants to make a compelling argument for Hershiser, then I can be convinced (though he wouldn't be getting my vote on this ballot regardless).

dougdirt
11-28-2006, 02:24 PM
I went with Trammell, Gwynn, Gossage, Ripken and Blyleven.