PDA

View Full Version : mattress help needed

Red in Chicago
11-27-2006, 08:47 PM
my current mattress is only 5 years old, but it already sags and is growing more and more uncomfortable...it's a king size sterns & foster, so it wasn't cheap...in all honesty, it started to sag after about 3 years, but now it's just annoying...it's a pillowtop on both sides and has been flipped and rotated as recommended...

i've recently heard that you shouldn't get the pillowtops, since as indicated above, they tend to sag, but i'm not sure if this is true...do any of you have a mattress or certain type of bed that you would recommend? king size beds always seem to be a problem, but i can't really downsize to a queen...any suggestions out there?

Red in Chicago
11-27-2006, 08:48 PM
obviously, this is the wrong forum...mods please move to non-baseball topic...sorry

Caveat Emperor
11-27-2006, 08:50 PM
Well, since this is on the baseball side, I propose you use a Wayne Krivsky strategy:

Find a matress that has been previously DFA'd (thrown to the curb for the trash) by another team (house) and sign it to a contract (throw it in the back of your car and leave money on the guy's doorstep) and hope that when you get it to your house it performs better (attracts fewer vermin) than you would expect a matress of its calibur to.

:D

Razor Shines
11-27-2006, 08:50 PM
I thought this was going to be about The Godfather.

gm
11-27-2006, 08:56 PM
Waterbed = once you've been on one, there's no going back

Always Red
11-27-2006, 09:18 PM
I thought this was going to be about The Godfather.

I thought we were going to the mattresses, too.

Did someone get shot? ;)

Heath
11-27-2006, 09:34 PM
Waterbed = once you've been on one, there's no going back

I get seasick easily. Pass.

I have a 10 yr old Simmons Beauty Rest. That thing looks and feels like it just came off the showroom floor. I flip it once a month. Best Mattress Ever.

Dom Heffner
11-27-2006, 11:06 PM
We just bought a king size Sealy posturepedic with two separate air mattresses for each person. You can inflate it all the way or make it as soft as you want. The thing can't sag because you blow it up with air. it has a little inflator with remotes for each side of the bed. It's awesome and not nearly as expensive as the Dormia ones.

Virginia Beach Reds
11-27-2006, 11:08 PM
one that takes quarters.

nice.

we have a kingsdown and the wife and I have been doing business for 7 years plus on it. pillowtop on both sides. nice.

Yachtzee
11-27-2006, 11:14 PM
Probably won't get one for years, but I think that Swedish Tempurpedic matress looks good to me. I have a chronic back problem and I often have trouble finding a comfortable sleep position.

OldRightHander
11-27-2006, 11:21 PM
Probably won't get one for years, but I think that Swedish Tempurpedic matress looks good to me. I have a chronic back problem and I often have trouble finding a comfortable sleep position.

We got one of those two years ago. I don't think we'll ever go to anything else again. It supports every part of your body wonderfully well and you really can't feel a thing when the other person moves around. I have back trouble too and this mattress was the best thing for it.