PDA

View Full Version : No Dunn At Redsfest?

Casey_21
11-27-2006, 10:19 PM
Not surprised really.. just wondering why though.. Is it because he may not be here next year? Or just because he's reached Griffey status here in Cincy, and would rather take the penalty? Anyone know??

RedLegSuperStar
11-27-2006, 10:24 PM
Just cause they arn't slated to be in attendance doesn't mean they wont be there. You think Reds you have to think Adam Dunn.. I would be surprised if he made an appearance at some point during the week..

LINEDRIVER
11-27-2006, 11:26 PM
Maybe Dunn's not wanting to leave home. Didn't I read something about Dunn expecting a baby? Will he name it Austina?

Casey_21
11-28-2006, 07:34 AM
Maybe Dunn's not wanting to leave home. Didn't I read something about Dunn expecting a baby? Will he name it Austina?

I havent heard anything about Dunner having a child on the way. Last I heard, he was still playing the field.

KittyDuran
11-28-2006, 07:51 AM
Read the last few posts on this thread...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50869

Casey_21
11-28-2006, 01:06 PM
Read the last few posts on this thread...

http://www.redszone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=50869

Thanks Kitty. :thumbup:

BUTLER REDSFAN
11-28-2006, 02:03 PM
he'll be in louisville,ky..investigating just how they make those bats that disappear when he starts to swing.

George Foster
11-30-2006, 12:27 AM

When did he get married?

KittyDuran
11-30-2006, 07:51 AM
When did he get married?We don't know if he's married or not - and IIRC that's not a requirement to having children. ;) [personally I hope he is or is intending to marry the mother]

RollyInRaleigh
11-30-2006, 08:39 AM
We don't know if he's married or not - and IIRC that's not a requirement to having children.

It's not?:confused: And here I have been confused all these years.;)

I hope he is planning to marry the mother, as well, Kitty.

Chip R
11-30-2006, 09:49 AM
I believe that's the way Austin went about it. Had the kid and married the mom. I'm not sure if Mrs. Kearns was still pregnant at the time of the wedding though.

redsfan30
11-30-2006, 09:51 AM
I believe that's the way Austin went about it. Had the kid and married the mom. I'm not sure if Mrs. Kearns was still pregnant at the time of the wedding though.

Austin's baby was born before the wedding.

scounts22
11-30-2006, 09:59 AM
It's not?:confused: And here I have been confused all these years.;)

I hope he is planning to marry the mother, as well, Kitty.

I mean, if he's having a problem finding someone to marry, I'm available...I'm not the mother of his baby, nor am I pregnant, but I'm available for marriage nonetheless! ;) :wave:

Team Clark
11-30-2006, 12:15 PM
When did he get married?

Apparently the reports that he has not been "working out" in the off season were untrue.... A lot of Hard Work making Babies. I can vouch for that.

gm
11-30-2006, 12:34 PM
I mean, if he's having a problem finding someone to marry, I'm available...I'm not the mother of his baby, nor am I pregnant, but I'm available for marriage nonetheless! ;) :wave:

What's Creek doing nowadays, haven't heard from her for awhile. (Clearly she'd want in on this Adam-action...)

scounts22
11-30-2006, 01:39 PM
What's Creek doing nowadays, haven't heard from her for awhile. (Clearly she'd want in on this Adam-action...)

I know, she has been gone for quite some time, that's why I'm makin' my move! ;)

George Foster
11-30-2006, 01:42 PM
Apparently the reports that he has not been "working out" in the off season were untrue.... A lot of Hard Work making Babies. I can vouch for that.

Just what America needs, another illegitimate kid.

Dom Heffner
11-30-2006, 01:45 PM

Cue Debbie Downer music...wah wah wah wahhhhhhhhhhh...

:)

westofyou
11-30-2006, 01:50 PM
Just what America needs, more judgment from people who have nothing to do with it.

KittyDuran
11-30-2006, 01:56 PM
Just what America needs, another illegitimate kid.Well, if its any consolation, this kid will be much better off (money-wise) than most legitimate kids.

KittyDuran
11-30-2006, 02:42 PM
From Marc's blog...

Also, here's the rundown on the higher-profile players who aren't scheduled to attend Redsfest:

Adam Dunn is a new dad and he's busy with his son.

Same deal for Aaron Harang, who also is in the middle of moving.

Bill Bray is getting married Saturday.

Homer Bailey is in the midst of a 10-day family hunting trip in the far northern reaches of Canada.

Ken Griffey Jr. isn't on the list of participants, but keep in mind he showed up unannounced a few years ago for a kids-only autograph session, so you never know.

11-30-2006, 02:45 PM

Kid doesn't have a chance, huh?

BUTLER REDSFAN
11-30-2006, 03:14 PM
[QUOTE=KittyDuran;1202249]From Marc's blog...

Also, here's the rundown on the higher-profile players who aren't scheduled to attend Redsfest:

Adam Dunn is a new dad and he's busy with his son.

Same deal for Aaron Harang, who also is in the middle of moving.

Bill Bray is getting married Saturday.

Homer Bailey is in the midst of a 10-day family hunting trip in the far northern reaches of Canada.

Ken Griffey Jr. isn't on the list of participants, but keep in mind he showed up unannounced a few years ago for a kids-only autograph session, so you never know.[/QUOTe

that leaves marty's next door neighbor, bernie stowe's cousin, and someone that rode on an elevator with billy bates as the featured stars

vaticanplum
11-30-2006, 06:31 PM

Yep. We don't know anything about how loved this kid will be, how supported he will be, how he will ultimately contribute to society, but since we're Americans, we'll go ahead and assume that he's going to be a burden on our country somehow. We do know that he has a father with a strong work ethic who appears to be a happy guy, and has already passed on at least one work function to be with him. I know that the kids down the street from me have a deadbeat dad who's never around and a mother who cries and drinks all the time, and the kids are frequently outside half-clothed at two in the morning, but their parents are married, so they'll do America's name good.

I'm "illegitimate" (that's a great word by the way, implying that a helpless little baby is somehow of lesser worth as a human than the baby next to him in ICU due to the decisions of his parents). Grew up with a wonderful family, much love and support, great education, many opportunities, all the tools I needed to be a good member of American society and gather the best group of friends ever assembled on the way. Shoulda moved to canada when I had the chance though; seems this country doesn't want me. Let's send Dunn and his kid to the Blue Jays.

Nugget
11-30-2006, 08:22 PM
Isn't it all Murphy Brown's fault

TeamBoone
11-30-2006, 09:10 PM
personally I hope he is or is intending to marry the mother

Yes and no.

If they are in love, yes. If they aren't, then I say no.

Adam can be a wonderful father even if he doesn't marry the mother, just as many divorced fathers are. Making a marriage work is tough, even for couples head over heels in love. So, if they aren't in love, it's almost for sure doomed.

BTW, Plum... your post was awesome.

scounts22
11-30-2006, 09:21 PM
Yep. We don't know anything about how loved this kid will be, how supported he will be, how he will ultimately contribute to society, but since we're Americans, we'll go ahead and assume that he's going to be a burden on our country somehow. We do know that he has a father with a strong work ethic who appears to be a happy guy, and has already passed on at least one work function to be with him. I know that the kids down the street from me have a deadbeat dad who's never around and a mother who cries and drinks all the time, and the kids are frequently outside half-clothed at two in the morning, but their parents are married, so they'll do America's name good.

I'm "illegitimate" (that's a great word by the way, implying that a helpless little baby is somehow of lesser worth as a human than the baby next to him in ICU due to the decisions of his parents). Grew up with a wonderful family, much love and support, great education, many opportunities, all the tools I needed to be a good member of American society and gather the best group of friends ever assembled on the way. Shoulda moved to canada when I had the chance though; seems this country doesn't want me. Let's send Dunn and his kid to the Blue Jays.

Oh, snap! Awesome post!!! :thumbup:

12-01-2006, 12:23 AM
Sorry about putting this in a abseball post, but George, kids aren't really illegitimate- parents are sometimes, but why brand a kid with a scarlet "I"?

George Foster
12-01-2006, 12:42 AM
Sorry about putting this in a abseball post, but George, kids aren't really illegitimate- parents are sometimes, but why brand a kid with a scarlet "I"?

40% of the children today are born out of wedlock. The vast majority of men in prision are born out of wedlock. There are great examples of children that have overcame the odds and become productive, well-rounded adults. There are also examples of dead beats that came form 2 parent homes. With that being said the childs best chance is growing up in a 2 parent home, statistics don't lie.

12-01-2006, 01:02 AM
Best chance...probably so. Your previous thread, though, sounded as though the kid doesn't have a shot. And do you assume the child is being raised in a single parent family? I don't know, maybe he is, and maybe he isn't.

12-01-2006, 01:02 AM
Jeez...we hijacked this thread. Sorry, folks!

dougflynn23
12-01-2006, 09:38 AM
40% of the children today are born out of wedlock. The vast majority of men in prision are born out of wedlock. There are great examples of children that have overcame the odds and become productive, well-rounded adults. There are also examples of dead beats that came form 2 parent homes. With that being said the childs best chance is growing up in a 2 parent home, statistics don't lie.:confused: I wonder how those odds change when you factor out of the 40% those children who have one of the parents making $10M or more in annual salary.

BTW.....since it's a boy, can we start referring to him as the "Little Burro" since his father is the "Big Donkey"? :D

vaticanplum
12-01-2006, 10:43 AM
40% of the children today are born out of wedlock. The vast majority of men in prision are born out of wedlock. There are great examples of children that have overcame the odds and become productive, well-rounded adults. There are also examples of dead beats that came form 2 parent homes. With that being said the childs best chance is growing up in a 2 parent home, statistics don't lie.

Ok. That's an interesting use of stats for your argument. The majority of men in prison are black. Are all black men doomed to commit crime? The majority of people in prison are men. Should we ship all males out of the country? If the prison-bound out-of-wedlock children were born to those same parents and those parents had been married, I don't their chances would have increased much. If they didn't have random strangers consigning them to a terrible life because "the odds are against them," maybe their chances would go up.

George, I'm not arguing that stats point to a child born out of wedlock as the most ideal of situations. But the prison stat, for example...it's not as simple as a marriage license. It's like the misleading stat that says that people who live together before marriage are more likely to divorce. This is largely because in this day and age, when co-habitation is pretty socially acceptable, people who refuse to live together before marriage are the ones most likely to hang onto a marriage and refuse divorce even if the marriage turns out badly. There may be more men in prison whose parents weren't married, but that's not due to something as simple as a marriage license. It's due to the fact that some people who make the decision not to marry sometimes make it because they have made bad choices or don't have certain resources available to them. The "problem" to be fixed is not whether the baby is born before or after marriage; the problems are poverty, poor education, dangerous neighborhoods, etc. If you're truly concerned about "illegitimacy" and its effects on our country, I suggest you use your time to look into solving those things, rather than consigning a baby to the doghouse at birth.

If it's "odds" that matter to you, by the way, I'm guessing that the very baby who brought this up, Baby Dunn, is not likely to fall into that category. And things in general have changed a lot. There are plenty of babies whose parents are committed but not married, whose parents are stable, nurturing people who don't want to be in a relationship, whose parents are single but knew they'd make could parents, whose parents can't get married. And these babies do ok. Where are the stats for what percentage of out-of-wedlock babies do ok now as opposed to a few hundred years ago? Do you really believe that America doesn't "need" any of them? Again, if you're that concerned about babies in that situation, maybe they need you. It's hard for me to understand in what ways a country "doesn't need" children.

If this is too political, I apologize. It was brought up and I only felt it prudent to respond. It just boggles my mind that in America, the revolutionary nation which was the first in history to declare that your life is what you make of it, not how you were born into it, some people are still so concerned with the circumstances out of someone's control at birth.

westofyou
12-01-2006, 10:52 AM
It just boggles my mind that in America, the revolutionary nation which was the first in history to declare that your life is what you make of it, not how you were born into it, some people are still so concerned with the circumstances out of someone's control at birth.

Alexander Hamilton says hello.

John Adams called Hamilton a "bastard"

And here we stand today.....

Yankee Doodle
Judged a man.....