PDA

View Full Version : My Manny for Dunn idea.

Redsnake
11-28-2006, 03:54 PM
Boston gets: Dunn and Milton
The Soxs and Manny can finally move on. Crisp and Drew in RF/CF with Pena and Dunn switching from LF/DH/1B. Milton gives them a starter (something they were looking for all through last season).

Cincinnati get: Manny and a prospect
The Reds get a clutch hitter that is one of the top 5 hitters in the game and is a triple crown threat every year. The money would be even for the Reds for 2007. The prospect will come into play due too Milton being off the books in 2008 and the Reds would still need to pay Manny 2 more years.

Now if it were to go down like that, this is what I would expect next from the Reds. The money owed to Manny wouldn't be felt until the start of 2008 season. That when Milton would be off the books and the Reds would have finacial relief from that contract. If the Reds are out of the playoff picture by the 2007 trade deadline then move him. If they are in it to the last few days like this year then trade him in the offseason. And if for some reason it was a great move and everyone(Reds management, players,fans) is happy keep him.

BRM
11-28-2006, 04:00 PM
I don't see any reason why Boston would take Milton. They can likely do much better than that package for Manny.

Matt700wlw
11-28-2006, 04:01 PM
Manny? In this city?

There's a disaster waiting to happen.

flyer85
11-28-2006, 04:01 PM
Boston needs a RH bat, especially if they sign Drew.

BRM
11-28-2006, 04:02 PM
I do like the idea of sending Milton away though. :)

Redsnake
11-28-2006, 04:07 PM
It's just wishful think on my part. I would like too see some huge deal that would either help this team with hitting like RISP and getting starting pitching that would give them quality starts. Getting rid of Milton would give us quality starts. :)

registerthis
11-28-2006, 04:07 PM
Manny a Red?

And people complain about DUNN'S defensive lapses?

jmac
11-28-2006, 04:12 PM
Manny a Red?

And people complain about DUNN'S defensive lapses?
manny definitely has his problem areas but as far as a hitter...he is among the best.
now if you had dunn hitting in front of manny.....:eek:

registerthis
11-28-2006, 04:16 PM
manny definitely has his problem areas but as far as a hitter...he is among the best.

Dunn's no slouch at the plate, and he gets the riot act. Just wait until the first time Manny blows a bubble while a ball rolls by him to the wall.

Cedric
11-28-2006, 04:24 PM
People will be much more forgiving of Manny. He's just a much better hitter. Dunn isn't in his league.

And that's no flame on Dunn, Manny is one of the best RH hitters of all time.

cacollinsmba
11-28-2006, 04:48 PM
Cincinnati get: Manny and a prospect
The Reds get a clutch hitter that is one of the top 5 hitters in the game and is a triple crown threat every year. The money would be even for the Reds for 2007. The prospect will come into play due too Milton being off the books in 2008 and the Reds would still need to pay Manny 2 more years.

Can you put a bathroom in the outfield at GABP? Maybe they need to do a check on that first.

Patpacillosjock
11-28-2006, 04:50 PM
People will be much more forgiving of Manny. He's just a much better hitter. Dunn isn't in his league.

And that's no flame on Dunn, Manny is one of the best RH hitters of all time.

agreed. and people have to understand Manny's defensive lapses come from playing in front of the Green Monster. Try playing the short LF in Fenway and on top of that learnig how to play bounces off the green monster for 81 games..then play in other ball parks the other 81..its difficult to do

besides, he is one of the few people in the majors who's bat overcompensates any defensive liabilities. he is by far in the top 3 all time RH hitters in the past 25 years

Falls City Beer
11-28-2006, 04:52 PM
I care about left field defense about as much as I care about whether my favorite player likes Thai food or not.

pedro
11-28-2006, 04:59 PM
I seriously doubt Manny would agree to a trade to the Reds.

Tom Servo
11-28-2006, 05:52 PM
Milton and Dunn aren't exactly pressing needs for the Sox, or anyone for that matter. I'm sure they're more inclined to trade Manny to team stocked with major league prospects.

vaticanplum
11-28-2006, 06:07 PM
I think there's a good chance that Manny stands to make upwards of $25 million a season in a couple of years. That's over a third of even an optimistic Reds payroll.

M2
11-28-2006, 06:09 PM
I figure Manny will demand his contract get that two-year, $40M extension for 2009 and 2010 before he approves any trade. My guess is that any team willing to pony up the money would find him willing to consider the deal, though supposedly he's been adamant about staying in the AL (probaby so he can DH).

As for the Reds, that's a lot of money. My take is, so what? And don't trade Dunn for him. Trade Jr. for him and move Dunn to 1B. The Sox would save a bundle of cash up front and with Manny hitting behind Dunn the Reds could be a terror. Yes, you're talking about an obscene amount of money, though digestible thanks to losing Jr.'s contract. What you gain is an excellent chance to win the World Series within the next two years.

It won't happen. I doubt the Reds will even inquire about Manny. Yet it would be all kinds of exciting for fans if it happened. Certainly it would put some swagger back in all of our steps.

Chip R
11-28-2006, 06:11 PM
I seriously doubt Manny would agree to a trade to the Reds.

I'm not so sure he'll agree to a trade to anywhere. He's goofy. One day he may want traded and the next day he may not. I guess they have to catch him on the right day.

vaticanplum
11-28-2006, 06:21 PM
It won't happen. I doubt the Reds will even inquire about Manny. Yet it would be all kinds of exciting for fans if it happened. Certainly it would put some swagger back in all of our steps.

Manny does not swagger. He lumps about. I think I once spotted him on that African webcam, slowly tipping over the pond for a drink until he fell in.

M2
11-28-2006, 06:46 PM
I'm not so sure he'll agree to a trade to anywhere. He's goofy. One day he may want traded and the next day he may not. I guess they have to catch him on the right day.

I'd catch him right after an appointment with his, uh, herbalist.

blumj
11-28-2006, 07:16 PM
I'd catch him right after an appointment with his, uh, herbalist.
Just send Bronson to visit him.

jmac
11-28-2006, 07:43 PM
As for the Reds, that's a lot of money. My take is, so what? And don't trade Dunn for him. Trade Jr. for him and move Dunn to 1B. The Sox would save a bundle of cash up front and with Manny hitting behind Dunn the Reds could be a terror. Yes, you're talking about an obscene amount of money, though digestible thanks to losing Jr.'s contract. What you gain is an excellent chance to win the World Series within the next two years.

as i stated earlier....dunn in front of manny would equal :eek: :D :D
even tho, i've been a big jr fan....that thought would or should have a reds fan licking their chops.wont happen but hey it's a fun time of the off-season right now !

Hondo
11-30-2006, 02:12 AM
I'd vote for Milton for Manny straight up.

Is there a chance? Half of a percent.

So you're saying there's a chance!!!