PDA

View Full Version : a real trade rumor

swingman24
11-28-2006, 10:24 PM
this is no lie... on saturday night me and my father went to the Precinct to eat and we saw wayne krivsky talking to a man who i had never seen before... well my father approached him and he conversated for a pretty long time and when my father came back to the table he had a boyish grine on his face... i knew somethin was up... the man krivsky was talking to was the GM of the Detroit Tigers David Dombrowski i know cuz he had a detroit pin on his suit coat and i looked up pics of front office execs from the tigers and it was him... now my dad isnt sure but on the way over he heard the names De La Cruz and Bonderman...

Reds would get:

Jeremy Bonderman- he could be a great front line pitcher if he could ever get his head on straight and focus more which Dick Pole should help him do.

Eulogio de la Cruz- body and stuff like a young pedro... a fastball that tops out at 94, and hard biting slider, and a nasty change. Rated #6 prospect in Tigers system by baseball america.

Tigers would get:

Adam Dunn- gives them a power left handed bat to go along with Gary Sheffield, something they really could use.

Javier Valentin- a backup catcher they need to give Pudge a day off now and then he is getting older

Eric Milton- we pay some of his salary and who knows he could be of use to them in a huge ballpark that doesnt surrender alot of homeruns.

player to be named

Starting Rotation:
1. Aaron Harang
2. Bronson Arroyo
3. Jeremy Bonderman
4. Kyle Lohse
5. Phil Dumatrait/Brandon Claussen/Homer Bailey/Elizardo Ramirez

Bullpen:
Gary Majewski
Bill Bray
Matt Belisle
Mike Stanton
Eulogio de la Cruz
Rheal Cormier
Todd Coffey

Lineup:
1. Brandon Phillips 2B
2. Preston Wilson LF (via free agency)
3. Ken Griffey Jr. CF
4. J.D. Drew RF (via free agency)
5. Edwin Encarnacion 3B
6. Scott Hatteberg/Joey Votto 1B
7. David Ross C
8. Alex Gonzalez SS
9. P

Bench:
OF Todd Hollandsworth
UTIL Ryan Freel
IF Ray Olmedo
IF Scott Hatteberg/Joey Votto
C Chad Moeller

i believe this team could win the division... what do you think??

Falls City Beer
11-28-2006, 10:27 PM
That's a lot of typing for a bunch of nonsense.

swingman24
11-28-2006, 10:29 PM
nonsense no... truth yes it really did happen whether u believe it or not dont care dont have to prove anythin to u ...

George Anderson
11-28-2006, 10:33 PM
My Grandpa told me the other night in a bar the trade was off!!

Newman4
11-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the info Swingman. Not a bad trade in my opinion.

TOBTTReds
11-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Thanks for the investigative work. Next time, plant a mic on WK to hear more rumors.

I'm personally not in favor of trading half the offense today.

Tom Servo
11-28-2006, 10:37 PM
My Grandpa told me the other night in a bar the trade was off!!
:lol:

larks
11-28-2006, 10:41 PM
1) How are you aware that the Reds signed someone like Chad Moeller but didnt hear that J.D. Drew is basically signed sealed and delivered to the Red Sox
2)As much as I want to rid of Dunn (and I would trade him, Milton and Valentin for Bonderman, De La Cruz), I would only do so if this team finds someone much much better than Preston Wilson to replace him in left. Wilson is basically a weaker version of Dunn. With the signing of Dellucchi to the Indians, the options for a solid outfielder in the FA market just got a little bleaker.
3.)de La Cruz would more than likely be starting the season in AAA

Jim
11-28-2006, 10:45 PM
Sounds like a pretty solid trade to me. Thanks for sharing!

Will M
11-28-2006, 10:59 PM
I have a friend whose cousin saw Wayne Krisky in a Texas book depository talking to a man who looked like the Astros GM.

My friends cousin overheard the names Dunn and Oswalt.
Very interesting.

Mario-Rijo
11-28-2006, 11:03 PM
I am not sure whether to believe that this actually happened, but I have and still do believe that something is up with us & Detroit.

Just a quick look at Bonderman (24 yrs old) and his always improving Stats gives me the willies. This kid is very impressive and what's most interesting too me is as good as he has been his away OPSA is far better than his home #'s.

Just take a look at his #'s last year. Oh yeah and he only made 2.3 mill last year.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/players/profile?playerId=5436

WMR
11-28-2006, 11:09 PM
Never believe anything said by a man with a boyish grin on his face.

Mario-Rijo
11-28-2006, 11:21 PM
Plus I snatched this off of Red Reporter which was posted there the other day. I'd say Krivsky is trying very hard to pry away cheap sterling arms, so at least he is trying to do something right.

The Gotham Baseball guy sent me an email after the last Reds rumor he wrote was posted here, and he's apparently an experienced writer with a decent contact list. He's got something new up on the Reds:

Tigers' GM Dave Dombrowski's asking price for Jeremy Bonderman remains high, and most teams are now moving on to less expensive options. It's now looking as if he'll stay put. However, Detroit is still interested in Adam Dunn, but for a fraction of what Cincinnati GM Wayne Krivsky is demanding Bonderman) or a similar top of the rotation starter) in any return. According to team insiders, Krivsky was one of the GMs pestering the Marlins about Dontrelle Willis last week.

Mario-Rijo
11-28-2006, 11:24 PM
I have a friend whose cousin saw Wayne Krisky in a Texas book depository talking to a man who looked like the Astros GM.

My friends cousin overheard the names Dunn and Oswalt.
Very interesting.

Oswalt or Oswald? Jeez will conspiracies never cease! :cool:

DoogMinAmo
11-28-2006, 11:29 PM
Am I the only one thinking the Reds are getting hosed in the above deal? The Tigers are buying low right now, but not so low that the Reds have to sweeten the pot with Valentin and Milton (and yes I think Milton should stay atleast until July). Dunn should be worth Bonderman + a AAA prospect by himself. Don't forget what San Diego gav e Pittsburgh for Giles.

EvansvilleReds
11-29-2006, 12:00 AM
I don't think it's a bad trade if they can replace Dunn's (positive) offensive numbers somehow ... but obviously it ain't gonna be Drew, and I wouldn't want that dude anyway. Nor would I care for Preston Wilson.

corkedbat
11-29-2006, 12:05 AM
Then again, you could look at getting rid of Milton and saving at least any of his salary as sweetening the deal for the Reds.

Didn't do a bad job of making it somewhat interesting and halfway plausible until you tried to work Drew into it - ain't a'gonna happen. No how, no way. And I'd rather have Reggie Sanders from the Royals as the PTBNL in the LaRue deal (and I do not want that) than sign Preston Wilson.

If there were anything to this, there would need to be at least one decent bat headed the Reds way also.

pedro
11-29-2006, 12:11 AM
I hope your dad's "grine" is treatable.

Interesting rumour too.

Redsnake
11-29-2006, 07:43 AM
I would love this deal if it were to happen.

Does anyone think Bruce could be one of the Opening Day starters in the outfield? A free agent pickup up would be more likely.

Always Red
11-29-2006, 08:26 AM
I have mixed feelings; I'd love to see Bonderman here, especially if he's taking Milty's spot, but this team would definitely miss Adam Dunn.

I agree with the above opinions that selling Dunn low is a bad idea. If Krivsky wants better value for him, trade him at the ASG break, before Adam gets to his usual end of the year swoon.

Redhook
11-29-2006, 08:41 AM
Does anyone think Bruce could be one of the Opening Day starters in the outfield? A free agent pickup up would be more likely.

As good as Bruce projects to be, there's no chance he'll be starting here to open the season. He'll be in Sarasota most likely with a small chance starting in Chattanooga.

A free agent pickup is probably as likely as a trade, IMO.

I do like the Dunn for Bonderman trade mentioned above. Our hitting would suffer alot this season, but atleast we'd have the foundation (Harang, Arroyo, Bonderman, Bailey) to contend for it all in 2008. Getting quality hitters is alot easier to find than good pitching.

wheels
11-29-2006, 08:47 AM
Something about this screams Bravo Sierra.

Edd Roush
11-29-2006, 08:48 AM
[QUOTE=Redhook;1201311](Harang, Arroyo, Bonderman, Bailey) QUOTE]

While this rotation may be the best in the National League in 2008, I think the 2007 team would be more than unbearable without Adam Dunn's bat. With the near unanimous thought that Ross will regress, the only bat you could count on next year is young Edwin. If Griffey goes down next year, the Reds could have one of the worst offenses in Reds' history.

This is assuming that the Reds can't add any more offense this off-season. With the rates these bats are going at, who knows.

Redhook
11-29-2006, 09:27 AM
[QUOTE=Redhook;1201311](Harang, Arroyo, Bonderman, Bailey) QUOTE]

While this rotation may be the best in the National League in 2008, I think the 2007 team would be more than unbearable without Adam Dunn's bat. With the near unanimous thought that Ross will regress, the only bat you could count on next year is young Edwin. If Griffey goes down next year, the Reds could have one of the worst offenses in Reds' history.

This is assuming that the Reds can't add any more offense this off-season. With the rates these bats are going at, who knows.

I agree it would be a horrific offense if Dunn was dealt, but would it be worth it to have one of the best pitching staffs come 2008? I think it would it be. As of right now, and hopefully it'll change, I think this team is worse than last years. I'm sick and tired of the Reds losing, but I would be willing to sacrifice one more year, 2007, for 2008 and beyond. Of course I would like the Reds to win in 2007, but I just don't think it's possible with our roster and what's available in this market, unfortunately.

flyer85
11-29-2006, 09:34 AM
"That's not a salt shaker, it a hidden micr....... "

:p:

registerthis
11-29-2006, 09:39 AM

I heard there was a second GM on the grassy knoll.

Red Leader
11-29-2006, 09:45 AM
When I read the first post in this thread, I totally didn't believe it could be true. But then I read the title of this thread. This is a real trade rumor. Serioiusly.

;)

registerthis
11-29-2006, 10:06 AM
When I read the first post in this thread, I totally didn't believe it could be true. But then I read the title of this thread. This is a real trade rumor. Serioiusly.

Is that the same as a speculative rumor?

Heath
11-29-2006, 10:07 AM
Is that the same as a speculative rumor?

Only if you think of it first.

BTW - all this talk about Jay Bruce as a starting OF on Opening Day 2007 and there is no sighting from redsupport inflicting memories of Jeff Jones.

Truly, a sad day here in redszone.com land.

Heath
11-29-2006, 10:08 AM
I heard there was a second GM on the grassy knoll.

Naw, that was Raisor. I'm sure Puffy's got that picture somewhere.

MrCinatit
11-29-2006, 10:12 AM
;)

Does that mean the Castro, Milton, Valentin and Wise for Minn.'s Santana, Mauer, Morneau, Nathan and a miraculously healed Liriano is a not-real trade rumour?!?
Dag nab it!

puca
11-29-2006, 10:24 AM
I don't see Detroit parting with Bonderman. If this conversation is at all real I suspect that is Wayne's offer, not Dombroski's. I'm sure Dombroski is interested in Dunn, but he probably thinks Wayne will trade him for much less than Bonderman, and the fact that he might scares me greatly.

It just seems that Wayne doesn't value much of what Dunn does well and he greatly values what Dunn doesn't do well. I'm sure that the other GMs realize this.

Krusty
11-29-2006, 10:29 AM
With the Tigers trading for Sheffield, the only way I see them acquiring Dunn is packaging a few pitching prospects. Why the Tigers would tamper with a solid starting rotation for a DH/OF after acquiring Sheffield is beyond me.

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
11-29-2006, 10:35 AM
[QUOTE=Edd Roush;1201314]

I agree it would be a horrific offense if Dunn was dealt, but would it be worth it to have one of the best pitching staffs come 2008? I think it would it be. As of right now, and hopefully it'll change, I think this team is worse than last years. I'm sick and tired of the Reds losing, but I would be willing to sacrifice one more year, 2007, for 2008 and beyond. Of course I would like the Reds to win in 2007, but I just don't think it's possible with our roster and what's available in this market, unfortunately.

Thats what everybody thought last year, and we almost made the playoffs.

traderumor
11-29-2006, 10:53 AM
When I read the first post in this thread, I totally didn't believe it could be true. But then I read the title of this thread. This is a real trade rumor. Serioiusly.I thought I was the real traderumor.

Boy, you know, this was exactly how things got started with the rumor that Jerry and George were lovers, not that there's anything wrong with that. People really have to watch what they are talking about over dinner.
:rolleyes:

redssouth
11-29-2006, 10:56 AM
That's a lot of typing for a bunch of nonsense.

Funny, that never seems to be a deterent for your posts.

Redmachine2003
11-29-2006, 06:17 PM
I don't see Detroit parting with Bonderman. If this conversation is at all real I suspect that is Wayne's offer, not Dombroski's. I'm sure Dombroski is interested in Dunn, but he probably thinks Wayne will trade him for much less than Bonderman, and the fact that he might scares me greatly.

It just seems that Wayne doesn't value much of what Dunn does well and he greatly values what Dunn doesn't do well. I'm sure that the other GMs realize this. Wayne may trade him for less but not to the Tigers.

swingman24
11-29-2006, 06:59 PM
i jus was hoping we could sign him my dad said nothin about krivsky sayin anythin about it

Falls City Beer
11-29-2006, 07:04 PM
Funny, that never seems to be a deterent for your posts.

The roach crawls out from under the fridge to get a dig in at the Falls City Beer.

Cheers. See you again when injustice rears its ugly head again.

wire2wire90
11-29-2006, 07:27 PM
[QUOTE=Edd Roush;1201314]

You might come close to matching Dunn's production with a Trot Nixon || Craig Wilson && E. Perez platoon in right.

Grif (LF) Deno (CF) Nixon/Perez (RF) would look nice.

Degenerate39
11-29-2006, 07:36 PM
My cousin's father's brother overheard Wayne talking about selling Adam Dunn to the Pirates so Wayne can finance his new broadway play.

BenHayes
11-29-2006, 08:02 PM
Its unfortunately the end result of the next few weeks that Cincy will fann on every trade that might help the 2007 version. I 've been programed to distrust the front office cheer and hope., or fear and smoke. I pray that WK will do something but the fact remains that penny pinching is still in vogue though to a lesser degree.

TeamSelig
11-29-2006, 08:10 PM
My girlfriends husbands brothers moms acquaintance said that he overheard Special K mumbling something about trading Dunn to the BlueJays for Royce Clayton while urinating in a public restroom.

mound_patrol
11-29-2006, 08:17 PM
My girlfriends husbands brothers moms acquaintance said that he overheard Special K mumbling something about trading Dunn to the BlueJays for Royce Clayton while urinating in a public restroom.

You must have zipped up too quickly. I was on the other side and I heard him say the deal wouldn't be complete without the Reds getting Womack back in a 3-way deal to complete the infield.

Shaknb8k
11-29-2006, 08:23 PM

TeamSelig that is gross and repulsive. There is no place for such talk on RedsZone.......................................... ................ No one and i mean No one should ever mention the name of Royce Clayton on this board again.

Team Clark
11-29-2006, 08:57 PM
TeamSelig that is gross and repulsive. There is no place for such talk on RedsZone.......................................... ................ No one and i mean No one should ever mention the name of Royce Clayton on this board again.

Dole Pineapple Banana Juice up the nose thank you very much...:laugh:

BUTLER REDSFAN
11-29-2006, 09:54 PM
dark helmet-i think you should know lonestar before we begin that i am your brother's cousins roomate.

lonestar-what does that make us?

dark helmet-absolutely nothing

redssouth
11-29-2006, 11:47 PM
The roach crawls out from under the fridge to get a dig in at the Falls City Beer.

Cheers. See you again when injustice rears its ugly head again.

I just dont post on internet message boards that often, but I will for special Brewer fans. If you didnt like what the guy posted, just leave it alone. Not every thread requires your special post or else it falls off the internet. He wanted to share information, or lie, or just create a stir, whatever, you were just trying to show him up. Pretty donkey thing to do if you ask me. But that seems to be your style. As long as it works for you i guess, keep it up, you are good at it. Everyone has to be good at something. I think you found your niche. Bravo.

Falls City Beer
11-30-2006, 09:12 AM
I just dont post on internet message boards that often, but I will for special Brewer fans. If you didnt like what the guy posted, just leave it alone. Not every thread requires your special post or else it falls off the internet. He wanted to share information, or lie, or just create a stir, whatever, you were just trying to show him up. Pretty donkey thing to do if you ask me. But that seems to be your style. As long as it works for you i guess, keep it up, you are good at it. Everyone has to be good at something. I think you found your niche. Bravo.

Negative 20 rep making crap up is obnoxious. I thought long and hard about negging him for that play for rep points. This board is a lot better off when people like that don't post crap like that, IMO.

registerthis
11-30-2006, 09:22 AM

There's a function on this board called "Private Messages" that is just PERFECT for this type of message. I suggest you use it next time.

Hubba
11-30-2006, 09:57 AM
There's a function on this board called "Private Messages" that is just PERFECT for this type of message. I suggest you use it next time.
Why didn't you use it then?

registerthis
11-30-2006, 11:03 AM
Why didn't you use it then?

Haha, good one. I'd point out that you could have PM'ed me as well, but that'd be redundant, wouldn't it?

Shaknb8k
11-30-2006, 11:14 AM
For everyone keeping count at home you can go ahead and mark it down........it took less than 50 replys before everyone got off topic on this post.

The guy's post started with a rumor everyone had a few jokes with the rumor but none the less everyone stayed on topic and got a few laughs. Nothing wrong with that at all; thats actually why i like RedsZone. Now they are arguing about PM's. WOW. Now i remember why i usually only read the first few pages of most posts. I say get back on topic by talking about the rumor or just lock the thread so it wont waste anyones's time.

registerthis
11-30-2006, 11:15 AM
For everyone keeping count at home you can go ahead and mark it down........it took less than 50 replys before everyone got off topic on this post.

The guy's post started with a rumor everyone had a few jokes with the rumor but none the less everyone stayed on topic and got a few laughs. Nothing wrong with that at all; thats actually why i like RedsZone. Now they are arguing about PM's. WOW. Now i remember why i usually only read the first few pages of most posts. I say get back on topic by talking about the rumor or just lock the thread so it wont waste anyones's time.

I'd say 3 pages of serious discussion about a bunk rumor is pretty good. Gave it a lot more credence than it deserved.

westofyou
11-30-2006, 11:29 AM
Clifford Irving would love this thread.

Chip R
11-30-2006, 12:12 PM
Either get this back on topic or I'm going to close it.

Z-Fly
11-30-2006, 12:25 PM
Either get this back on topic or I'm going to close it.

Everyone needs to chillax.

I am so ready for something to happen, I am acting like a little school girl. It seems to me that overall the market has been pretty static. Dunn for Bondermen has been a rumor that keeps poping up. I am willing to believe that he saw the two GM's talking. I mean.. Why not?

Highlifeman21
11-30-2006, 12:38 PM
Or we could just keep Dunn.....

Z-Fly
11-30-2006, 12:41 PM
Or we could just keep Dunn.....

Dunn makes me want to scream. I would love to keep him at 1st base but in the outfield he is just a liability. I was there on opening day. I don't know what the answer is. I am glad I am not the GM in this case.

TeamSelig
11-30-2006, 12:46 PM
Clifford Irving would love this thread.

who is that?

joshnky
11-30-2006, 01:31 PM
Dunn makes me want to scream. I would love to keep him at 1st base but in the outfield he is just a liability. I was there on opening day. I don't know what the answer is. I am glad I am not the GM in this case.

Dunn is by no means a good leftfielder but there is a misconception of how bad he really is based on that opening day fiasco. Many people saw that and now can't wait to get him out of left field; however, he is not as bad as he was that day. There are certainly worse left fielders, including several that people on this board would love to have, ala Manny or Carlos Lee. Besides how many defensive plays do you think Dunn participates in in LF. I'd guess its around one an inning on average. How many would he affect at 1b? Quite a bit more.

westofyou
11-30-2006, 01:34 PM
who is that?

You're going to be a cop right?

Do some investigating.

pedro
11-30-2006, 01:40 PM
You're going to be a cop right?

Do some investigating.

I think Dunn should spend a long time in prison for all those strike outs.

Highlifeman21
11-30-2006, 02:26 PM

Bad weather and the first game of the year are always great indicators for a player's abilities....

Dunn's fine in LF. His bat makes up for his defense.

I would love to get him to play 1B, but he says he doesn't want to, and supposedly Joey Votto is gonna be something, so let's see how this hand plays out.

Griffey is the true liability of this team. Shouldn't be our everyday CF, and sure as hell shouldn't bat 3rd.

Falls City Beer
11-30-2006, 03:35 PM
Griffey is the true liability of this team. Shouldn't be our everyday CF, and sure as hell shouldn't bat 3rd.

You know, this is really true: which is the bigger crime: Griffey in CF or 3rd in the order? It's like choosing between thumbscrews and the business-end of a white-hot poker.

BRM
11-30-2006, 03:37 PM
You know, this is really true: which is the bigger crime: Griffey in CF or 3rd in the order? It's like choosing between thumbscrews and the business-end of a white-hot poker.

They are both pretty painful. I hold out hope that he's playing RF and hitting 5th or 6th next year but I wouldn't bet on either happening with Mr. Narron filling out the lineup card every day.

Highlifeman21
11-30-2006, 03:38 PM

Bigger crime = Griffey in CF.

I think that's a prime example of his lack of defense trumping whatever he can produce at the plate.

If Griffey finds some sort of end of the career renaissance, I could stomach him in the 3 hole. If he puts up another 2006 in the 3 hole, I still stand by the fact that him as the everyday CF is the bigger crime.

reds44
11-30-2006, 05:29 PM
That's an excellent question.

TeamSelig
11-30-2006, 05:29 PM
mental note: speeding tickets for westofyou

No need to be rude about it.

Hubba
11-30-2006, 05:41 PM
Either get this back on topic or I'm going to close it.Book him Dano.

Superdude
11-30-2006, 11:07 PM
Hopefully this isn't just some guy making crap up. People fear trading Dunn, but if Krivsky can get Bonderman and a quality pitching prospect for him, I'm all for it. De la cruz's numbers don't blow me away, but it's interesting to note that his fastball was rated above Verlander by BA in 2004. Add in the idea of dumping part of Milton's contract and that's just icing on the cake.

traderumor
11-30-2006, 11:23 PM
Hopefully this isn't just some guy making crap up. People fear trading Dunn, but if Krivsky can get Bonderman and a quality pitching prospect for him, I'm all for it. De la cruz's numbers don't blow me away, but it's interesting to note that his fastball was rated above Verlander by BA in 2004. Add in the idea of dumping part of Milton's contract and that's just icing on the cake.I hate to break it to you, but this was just some guy making crap up.

Superdude
12-01-2006, 03:58 PM
I hate to break it to you, but this was just some guy making crap up.

I love that. :(

Falls City Beer
12-01-2006, 03:59 PM
I love that. :(

Don't you though? Lying rulz!

dunner13
12-01-2006, 04:11 PM
The biggest problem with this made up deal is that there is no way the tigers would take milton. They certainly dont need him, their starting rotation is packed with pitchers twice as good as milton. They wouldnt be considering trading bonderman if they need help in the rotation. Since they dont need him there is no way they are going to take on his salary so he can pitch out of the bullpen, and hes probably not even good enough to pitch out of there pen.