PDA

View Full Version : Former potential Reds owner buys another team instead

BCubb2003
11-29-2006, 03:09 PM
http://people.aol.com/people/article/0,26334,1564037,00.html

Nick Lachey Buys a Baseball Team
WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 29, 2006 11:50AM EST
By KC Baker and Stephen M. Silverman

Nick Lachey has a new game up his sleeve: baseball.

The singer is becoming a part owner of a team the Tacoma Rainiers franchise, the Triple-A affiliate of the Seattle Mariners, he tells PEOPLE in its new issue.

"It had always been a dream of mine to be involved in team sports in general, especially on a local level in your hometown," says Lachey, a self-described "huge baseball fan (who) grew up in Cincinnati, and baseball is kind of a religion there."

A couple years ago, the Cincinnati Reds came up for sale, and "I made an attempt to become a part of the ownership," he says. "Unfortunately, it didn't work out, but it certainly reiterated my interest in having some kind of ownership involvement. So, when this opportunity came around, it felt like a great way to get involved."

Lachey, 33, also tells the magazine, "Sports is outside of entertainment my passion. Clearly I'm not going to be playing for anybody in my lifetime, so to be involved on the ownership level is the next best thing." (The singer is also starting a basketball team with pal A.J. DiScala.)

penantboundreds
11-29-2006, 03:10 PM
seems like he would have treated us as a triple a team too, just like all of our owners

westofyou
11-29-2006, 03:21 PM
Tacoma should change their teams name to the Tacoma Aroma.. paper mills... yeech. If you've ever been to Chillicothe in the rain you get my drift.

kheidg-
11-29-2006, 09:14 PM
Not a big fan of Lachey but it seems that he has an overall passion for sports. Probably will be a good thing for the fans of Tacoma's AAA team. Nice to see anyone that is an avid fan become an owner.

George Foster
11-29-2006, 09:39 PM
Not a big fan of Lachey but it seems that he has an overall passion for sports. Probably will be a good thing for the fans of Tacoma's AAA team. Nice to see anyone that is an avid fan become an owner.

I guess he got his first alimony check from Jessica a little early:laugh: :laugh: