PDA

View Full Version : weathermen/women

Red in Chicago
11-29-2006, 11:16 PM
ok, last night's weather report only hinted of some light snow in the near future...tonight, they've just said that we're going to get 10"-16" of snow tomorrow...it absolutely amazes me how wrong these guys/girls can be on a day-to-day basis...drives me crazy...this has to be one of the biggest adjustments to a forecast that i can remember for sometime now...good thing i'm off until monday :p:

paintmered
11-29-2006, 11:21 PM
I haven't seen any of the weather reports on this. But as warm, humid and windy as it was today, it's easy to think that something really nasty is on the other side.

Stay safe up there RiC.

Red in Chicago
11-29-2006, 11:34 PM
fox news chicago is where they announced the big snowstorm coming, but yahoo is still only showing around 2" - 4"...we'll probably end up with nothing...i can't wait to see the guy say that we "dodged" another one;)

MrCinatit
11-30-2006, 07:25 AM
My sinuses tell me something is on its way. Something not so friendly.

Roy Tucker
11-30-2006, 07:50 AM
I'd like to know where the weather women buy their on-air clothes. They look like descendents of my 70's-era leisure suits.

Somewhere, a polyester forest has been decimated. I envision the orange palm trees outside of Hooters.

RedFanAlways1966
11-30-2006, 07:56 AM
In the name of PCness... should we now call them weatherpeople? Would a person who does this for a living be a weatherperson?

:confused: :help: :confused:

Unassisted
11-30-2006, 08:58 AM
In the name of PCness... should we now call them weatherpeople?

Most of them seem to prefer to be called "meteorologists." IMO, the term is watered down, now that there are shortcuts to acquiring the title that don't require heavy-duty math knowledge.

minus5
11-30-2006, 09:03 AM
My sinuses tell me something is on its way. Something not so friendly.

Sorry, that's me I had White Castle last night.:scared: