PDA

View Full Version : New hats on sale?

flynn78
12-01-2006, 01:03 AM
Hey everyone. I had a question. I work on Friday and Saturday (gotta earn a living), but I was thinking of coming to the Duke for the festivities. I really want to go to get one of the new hats if they are on sale. Are they going to be on sale? Is anyone willing to buy me one and I will get them back? Both of these are tough requests I know, but I thought that I would give it a shot. Thanks in advance for your answers.

macro
12-01-2006, 01:51 AM
Actually, if they're doing what I think they're doing, the "new" caps have been on sale since 1999. The impressing I've gotten is that the never-used solid red alternate will now become the everyday home cap and the red cap with black bill that has been worn at home will now be worn on the road. I hope I'm wrong about the road cap and they use the same one home and road, but either way, I don't think we're going to see a cap tomorrow that we haven't seen already.

That being said, I won't be able to make RedsFest, so I'm of no help to you. :(

wheels
12-01-2006, 10:00 AM
Really, what more can they do with them anyway?

I'm just expecting the old school, solid red cap, which is awesome.

The only hat I wear is an old one from around 1988, so I think I'll be buying a new one.

Wonder how much the jerseys are gonna run.

macro
12-01-2006, 11:57 AM

The only hat I wear is an old one from around 1988, so I think I'll be buying a new one.

wheels, you've been retro since the black dropshadow was added to the wishbone "C" in 1999. :D

WVRedsFan
12-01-2006, 12:19 PM
Really, what more can they do with them anyway?

Wonder how much the jerseys are gonna run.

Well, I hope they are smarter running this year...oh...never mind. ;)

Jpup
12-01-2006, 03:43 PM
I would imagine the caps will be the same with the black removed. That would be a great idea. Get rid of the black. I am guessing that we are going to see some blue mixed in there instead. I really can't wait to see them, but I hope they don't look like everyone elses. Also, I hope they get rid of the pinstripes.

macro
12-01-2006, 04:02 PM
Black highlights will remain in the uniforms - no blue. Pinstripes are gone, as are vests.

paulrichjr
12-01-2006, 06:20 PM
I'm at Redsfest now. Fitted caps old style are 10.00 so obviously new ones are coming. Lots of gameworn stuff here.

George Foster
12-02-2006, 12:31 AM
The new hats are the same as the 70's hats but with a black shadow behind the wishbone "c" very nice. They have been on sale for a couple a years but the team did not wear them...just rappers.:laugh:

flynn78
12-02-2006, 02:52 AM
Looks like I already have both.

WVRedsFan
12-02-2006, 03:00 AM
The new hats are the same as the 70's hats but with a black shadow behind the wishbone "c" very nice. They have been on sale for a couple a years but the team did not wear them...just rappers.:laugh:

I didn't notice the black shadow on the home red cap, but if so, it's not that much different than caps I already have. Not a wise marketing decision. what else is new?

RFS62
12-02-2006, 08:34 AM

One way to look at it is that the solid red hat is what people really identify the Reds with. I've had one for several years.

If people like them so much that they still bought them when the team wasn't wearing them, maybe it's a fan favorite.

The all red with the black drop shadow around the C really looks good, IMO.

Heath
12-02-2006, 10:14 AM
There should be a new batting practice hat.