PDA

View Full Version : EdE on a tear in RepDom

oneupper
12-02-2006, 10:24 AM
Deno and Votto have left DomRep (BTW their team has continued to lose), but EdE is seeing more action with Aguilas.

In 29 AB, 12 hits, (4 2B and 3 HR) for a .414/.433/.826

EdE is not getting much PT since Tony Batista is the regular 3B for Aguilas.
EdE has been mainly the DH.

Johnny Cueto also pitches for Aguilas, with 6.1 innings and a 8.53 ERA, in 6 relief opportunities early in the season (lower classification players get PT early before the local major leaguers report).

P.S. I'm guessing Winter League stuff belongs here in ML Talk...even if the player are Major Leaguers...right?

redsmetz
12-02-2006, 10:38 AM
I don't know, I was just wondering why it wasn't up in the regular sections since it's a big league guy your're reporting about. That said, it's all good.

dougdirt
12-02-2006, 10:52 AM
Cueto must be off the team as well, he has had the same amount of innings for about a month now.

oneupper
12-02-2006, 11:53 AM
Cueto must be off the team as well, he has had the same amount of innings for about a month now.

Winter League teams will play rookies in the first few games of the season until AAA and ML players report. I assume that's the case with Cueto. Doubt he'll get any more action.

BTW Bergolla is leading the Venezuelan league in hitting (.361). Is he still with the REDS?

Doc. Scott
12-02-2006, 05:02 PM
Winter League teams will play rookies in the first few games of the season until AAA and ML players report. I assume that's the case with Cueto. Doubt he'll get any more action.

BTW Bergolla is leading the Venezuelan league in hitting (.361). Is he still with the REDS?

Nope. Six-year free agent.

HokieRed
12-02-2006, 09:41 PM
Note about Bergolla. He just turned up on the list of worst fielders in the minors over at Baseball Analysts.

reds44
12-02-2006, 10:09 PM
Note about Bergolla. He just turned up on the list of worst fielders in the minors over at Baseball Analysts.
I always had the understanding fielding was his strong suit.

I guess I was wrong.

kheidg-
12-02-2006, 11:07 PM
I always had the understanding fielding was his strong suit.

I guess I was wrong.

Same here

VR
12-03-2006, 01:33 AM
Deno and Votto have left DomRep (BTW their team has continued to lose), but EdE is seeing more action with Aguilas.

In 29 AB, 12 hits, (4 2B and 3 HR) for a .414/.433/.826

EdE has been mainly the DH.

Johnny Cueto also pitches for Aguilas, with 6.1 innings and a 8.53 ERA, in 6 relief opportunities early in the season (lower classification players get PT early before the local major leaguers report).

P.S. I'm guessing Winter League stuff belongs here in ML Talk...even if the player are Major Leaguers...right?

Sitting behind Tony Batista at third. That puts EE's D into perspective. Ouch.

Z-Fly
12-03-2006, 03:57 AM
The guy is nasty good. His fielding is his only problem. The only way to fix that IMO is to get regular playing time.

TRF
12-06-2006, 04:12 PM
Sitting behind Tony Batista at third. That puts EE's D into perspective. Ouch.

Not really. It's a veteran thing. Batista is a vet. he goes to the DR every year. EE needs to earn his stripes down there.

flyer85
12-06-2006, 04:42 PM
:laugh: