PDA

View Full Version : Post your RedsFest pics!

KittyDuran
12-02-2006, 08:12 PM
I'll start... BTW, in the Arroyo pics I think I got the back of TB and didn't know it at the time! :redface:
1st pic: Lifesize team photo display - you could go in between the rows and have your picture taken.
2nd and 8th pics: Row of hats displaying teams and their minor league affiliates.
3rd pic: Doubleday Field
4th and 5th pics: Phillips
6th pic: Cheerleaders
7th pic: Replica of the Reds locker room (this was beside the team photo display).
9th and 10th pics: Arroyo and Claussen

KittyDuran
12-02-2006, 08:15 PM
Some more...
1st pic: Caravan dates for 2007.
2nd pic: Special car at gate - Caravan dates were in the back.
3rd pic: Display for Lousiville Slugger.
4th pic: Side of Ross
5th pic: Chip with Coffey
6th pic: Coffey with "line crashers" (I had put my purse down to take Coffey's pic and looked up and the kids were in the pic!)
7th and 8th pics: Mercker
9th pic: Arroyo, Freel, Ross, and Phillips answering questions at the Kids Q&A.

KittyDuran
12-02-2006, 08:17 PM
Last bunch with pics from Friday night when I couldn't get my camera to work!:bang:
1st pic: Chip with free beer!
2nd pic: The side of Eric Davis at the bar.
3rd pic: Doubleday Field
4th pic: Doubleday Field
5th pic: Negro League display at the HOF
6th pic: GAC and Chip at the HOF
7th and 8th pics: GAC and Chip meeting Cardenas, Helms and May.
9th pic: Table display for the poker tournament.

Falls City Beer
12-02-2006, 08:17 PM
I want that huge glove. Big stuff is hilarious.

TeamBoone
12-02-2006, 09:58 PM
I'll start... BTW, in the Arroyo pics I think I got the back of TB and didn't know it at the time! :redface:

Oh my gosh, Kitty. You did!

Sorry I messed everything up today by not checking my phone... and last night with GAC. I thought he was going today.

Great pics BTW.

Caveat Emperor
12-02-2006, 10:11 PM
My friend and I spent 20 minutes playing cornhole at the bar with Brandon Claussen and his cousin.

Naturally, nobody in the group I was with brought a camera. :oops:

TeamMorris
12-02-2006, 10:15 PM
Yes...sorry Kitty that we missed you! That is so funny that you got TB's head in the shot:laugh:

Here are some I will add...

TeamMorris
12-02-2006, 10:17 PM
A few more;)

KittyDuran
12-02-2006, 10:41 PM
Yes...sorry Kitty that we missed you! That is so funny that you got TB's head in the shot Actually, my camera can take movies (in Quicktime) - TB is there as well! :D [I wish I knew how to post it on here - it only 31 seconds tho']

Heath
12-02-2006, 10:46 PM
Go figure - Chip has a beer in his hands.

:D

KittyDuran
12-02-2006, 10:47 PM

:DThat's the beer I owed him - so his smile is because he didn't have to pay for it!:laugh:

KittyDuran
12-02-2006, 10:48 PM
Oh, another thing about this year's RedsFest - there were Arroyo wannabees all over. Some weren't too bad - but some were trying too hard!:eek:

vaticanplum
12-02-2006, 11:45 PM
I am not typically a star-struck person, but I will say this: Eric Davis is, I think, the one person on the planet I'd be terrified to meet. I think I would weep, or melt, or something. Or worse, I'd try to speak. I'd be ten-year-old with a soul-absorbing crush, basically, which is most approrpriate.

BoydsOfSummer
12-03-2006, 12:48 AM
Eric Davis looks hammered and the Freel pic looks like a mugshot (appropriately?).:laugh: Thanks for sharing,guys.

RedLegSuperStar
12-03-2006, 12:54 AM
Eric Davis looks hammered and the Freel pic looks like a mugshot (appropriately?).:laugh: Thanks for sharing,guys.

you said what I was thinking

12-03-2006, 01:46 AM
All I have tonight...not much. Looks like I was near several zoners and didn't know it.

Tomorrow I will check out my higher resolution pics and maybe post them in Webshots if i like them. Too tired now after the long drive home.

jmcclain19
12-03-2006, 04:37 AM
Good stuff guys. TM - could Brandon Claussen possibly look any unhappier to be taking pictures? Maybe it was just a bad moment or something.

Keep them coming everyone, i'm incredibly jealous that you all got to go.

KittyDuran
12-03-2006, 08:45 AM
A few more general ones... (gives more scope):
1st pic: Some of the chocolate goodies available to eat. Lots of food this year!

2nd pic: One of the batting cages.

3rd pic: Mr. Red and Gapper (Gapper wearing the new uni).

4th pic: Part of the display of Chevy cars.

KittyDuran
12-03-2006, 09:06 AM
Last two (that I missed)...
1st pic: The entrance to Doubleday Field
2nd pic: Arroyo

TeamCasey
12-03-2006, 11:27 AM
You got a lot of shots of TB!

Chip R
12-03-2006, 11:28 AM

What were the odds? :lol:

Chip R
12-03-2006, 11:32 AM
I am not typically a star-struck person, but I will say this: Eric Davis is, I think, the one person on the planet I'd be terrified to meet. I think I would weep, or melt, or something. Or worse, I'd try to speak. I'd be ten-year-old with a soul-absorbing crush, basically, which is most approrpriate.

I told you you should have come on both days.

johngalt
12-03-2006, 12:05 PM
[QUOTE=KittyDuran;1203711]
2nd pic: Special car at gate - Caravan dates were in the back.
QUOTE]

Kitty, I believe one of the guys said that was going to be the new Reds Rover since it has the Mr. Redlegs graphic on it.

12-03-2006, 12:19 PM
Here are a few more of Arroyo singing...nit that good of quality, but here they are. Higher resolution, so I didn't post them here.

http://sports.webshots.com/album/556181323IDZtOc

12-03-2006, 12:23 PM
Is this where they get the meat for pulled pork sandwiches?

vaticanplum
12-03-2006, 12:28 PM
I told you you should have come on both days.

No, I'm serious: I almost don't want to meet him. I'm pretty sure I would look and act like a tool. And he would probably be very nice and perfect, making me feel even more tool-like.

Bernie Williams is my favorite baseball player, but I really think I could handle meeting him or Jeter or anybody like that, because I loved them as something remotely resembling an adult. When I loved Eric Davis, I was gawky and awkward, and I somehow feel that meeting him would cause me to regress. Surely there are players you guys feel this way about?

I've already put up a few...here's what I have left that isn't too awful in quality, including Random Child Inspecting Bats (my favorite), Old Women Posing With Cardboard Reds, and everybody's favorite, Gary Majewski.

vaticanplum
12-03-2006, 12:32 PM
And the ones that fall into the category of Things I Kinda Want for My Home:

vaticanplum
12-03-2006, 12:38 PM
I want that huge glove. Big stuff is hilarious.

FCB, at the entrance to RedsFest they had a ginormous bat on display, apparently a replica of a bat presented to the Reds in 1869. Anybody get how long it was? Taller than my house, I think. It was laying on its side and people were sitting on it. Would make a fine playground bench actually.

TeamMorris
12-03-2006, 01:00 PM
Good stuff guys. TM - could Brandon Claussen possibly look any unhappier to be taking pictures? Maybe it was just a bad moment or something.

:laugh: I was thinking the same when I saw them. Same look in both pictures.

It was a really nice day. The cool thing was when we were at the stage listening to to a bunch of the guys, Eric Davis walked right in front of us and turned around and shook TB's hand and then mine. It was a "WOW" moment. He then went to the front and sat on the floor with a bunch of the kids. I don't think some had a clue at who he was and were annoyed because this "man" just sat down in front of them and they couldn't see the stage but the ones that did had open mouths and just stared at him while he looked around at them with a big smile:thumbup: ! The parents in the first few rows had a look of shock on there face as well:laugh: .

Another fun thing was playing baseball card war (I think that is what it was called) with about 500 people. I had never heard of it before or played it. Never won anything but got a lot of free cards if you were willing to fight the mass crowd to go up and get the cards for each round. With my 6 year old in tow we managed each round. He enjoyed it also.

Here are a few more pics....some not so great. Had to lighten them just so you could see who it was!

Always Red
12-03-2006, 01:07 PM
.... and everybody's favorite, Gary Majewski.

ahh.. a John Wilkes Booth sighting! :D

I'm looking forward to Gary having a great year this year for the Reds. What happened to him last year was in no way his fault, and we are starting to see signs of him becoming a favorite whipping boy around these parts. He pitched poorly because he was pitching hurt, for the most part. It's not his fault that he was traded for the guys he was traded for. When he comes into a game, it reminds a lot of us about all the negativity around that trade (no dead horse beating, please!), and that unfortunately, gets put right on his shoulders, when it should not be so. OK, off my soapbox now!

vaticanplum
12-03-2006, 01:14 PM
ahh.. a John Wilkes Booth sighting! :D

I'm looking forward to Gary having a great year this year for the Reds. What happened to him last year was in no way his fault, and we are starting to see signs of him becoming a favorite whipping boy around these parts. He pitched poorly because he was pitching hurt, for the most part. It's not his fault that he was traded for the guys he was traded for. When he comes into a game, it reminds a lot of us about all the negativity around that trade (no dead horse beating, please!), and that unfortunately, gets put right on his shoulders, when it should not be so. OK, off my soapbox now!

I'd not be fond of Gary Majewski if we had gotten him for free. I don't like him as a pitcher because he pitched terribly for the Reds. It has nothing to do with the trade that brought him here. I don't harbor those kinds of feelings about Bill Bray.

I'd be thrilled if he got healthy and pitched better next year. I never want to see Reds perform badly.

francohungarian
12-03-2006, 01:38 PM
How about some video??

http://www.cincinnatisports.com/home/p2_articleid/366

Chip R
12-03-2006, 01:40 PM
Bernie Williams is my favorite baseball player, but I really think I could handle meeting him or Jeter or anybody like that, because I loved them as something remotely resembling an adult. When I loved Eric Davis, I was gawky and awkward, and I somehow feel that meeting him would cause me to regress. Surely there are players you guys feel this way about?

I was somewhat nervous about meeting Bench several years ago but it all worked out fine. Of course he walked right by me on Saturday and I didn't do a thing.

You'd have been fine. You would have probably have had a beer which would have steadied your nerves and you might have shook his hand or got a hug and then life would have gone on from there.

vaticanplum
12-03-2006, 01:50 PM
You'd have been fine. You would have probably have had a beer which would have steadied your nerves and you might have shook his hand or got a hug and then life would have gone on from there.

Ok, well, I was also busy :)

BoydsOfSummer
12-03-2006, 02:30 PM
1. Those bar stools are awesome. I need those.

2. I freakin' knew Santa was a Reds fan, I just knew it.

Chip R
12-03-2006, 02:52 PM
1. Those bar stools are awesome. I need those.

They look good but they aren't comfortable.

vaticanplum
12-03-2006, 02:54 PM
They look good but they aren't comfortable.

Mama always told me, Chip: Suffer for beauty.

Chip R
12-03-2006, 02:58 PM
Mama always told me, Chip: Suffer for beauty.

True enuff. They aren't any less comfortable than a wooden or metal barstool.

BuckWoody
12-03-2006, 04:13 PM
Here are a few of mine from Saturday.

1-3. Views of the model they had for the new riverboat pavilion.
4. We soon sat down at the table to the left there when one of the kids batting pulled a Freel and lost his bat while swinging. It came whipping right at our table and smacked my buddy in the noggin. He was unharmed. I laughed. :)
5. Sweet picture. I talked to the guy who was selling it and he said he'd take $400 for it. Still too rich for my blood.:(
6. Nuxie, Bench, Davey, Mr. Castellini, and Marty on stage.

scounts22
12-03-2006, 05:33 PM

Yeah, he didn't smile in any of the pictures while we were watching him in line. He didn't smile in mine either! For what it's worth he was really nice when we got up there.

TeamBoone
12-03-2006, 05:47 PM
After circling the place three times, I don't know how I missed that table full of chocolates, but it's probably a good thing I did.

The kids' press conference with Arroyo, Freel, Ross, and Phillips was hysterical. You know how honest kids are!! One of them asked Phillips how he felt about Gonzalez playing SS next year. The entire crowd cracked up at the bluntness of the question then applauded his answer... (paraphrased) "He adds a lot to the team. Other teams are going to find out we're tough up the middle". Freel was a hoot and the other guys were ribbing him about Farney... like when a kid asked him a question, the others would say "that wasn't Freel, it was Farney!".

I had the opportunity to speak briefly with Claussen and he was very friendly. I asked him if he was going to be ready and he was very upbeat about it (though I don't remember exactly what he responded, I do know it was equivalent to yes). Coffey was really nice too.

And yes, Eric Davis shook my hand. I didn't even ask... he just held out his hand to me and I took it. He looked sharp and maybe the picture wasn't the best, but he definitely wasn't hammered nor did he look it in person. He was most gracious and friendly. Class act.

Did anyone see the guy making the bats? That was incredible. I could have watched him for a long time if there had been a place to sit.

I loved all the stuff for kids but the lines were so long for each of them that I'm afraid TG didn't get to do any of them because his Mom and I were in no way standing in line for each of them for a minimum of 45 minutes. He wanted to get on that replica BB field in the worst way but it didn't appear to be open to just anyone... or perhaps we were there at the wrong time.

I loved the lithographs of different players that were on sale. They were reasonably priced too.

The bar was awesome. A very nice addition.

With the exception of concession prices, it was a great event. And I had a great time, as I always do.

One more thing... I also LOVED the truck where they produce/direct the TV cameras and audio. How the heck does someone get that kind of job? I've seen it before for a Bengals vs Steelers game several years ago, but even though it wasn't new to me, it was still impressive.

Caveat Emperor
12-03-2006, 05:49 PM
Yeah, he didn't smile in any of the pictures while we were watching him in line. He didn't smile in mine either! For what it's worth he was really nice when we got up there.

Brandon was a really cool person. Very down to earth. Talked about having to explain to everyone back in New Mexico what "Cornhole" was, and how every glanced at him strangely when he said he'd really gotten into playing it.

Meeting him and getting to hang with him and his cousin was the highlight of my RedsFest experience.

...that, and buying an authentic Matt Belisle jersey for $50. That was pretty sweet too.

KittyDuran
12-03-2006, 05:59 PM
Brandon was a really cool person. Very down to earth. Talked about having to explain to everyone back in New Mexico what "Cornhole" was, and how every glanced at him strangely when he said he'd really gotten into playing it.

Meeting him and getting to hang with him and his cousin was the highlight of my RedsFest experience.

...that, and buying an authentic Matt Belisle jersey for $50. That was pretty sweet too.CE, were you wearing that jersey on Saturday? Because I passed a tall guy wearing a Belisle jersey and thought "he must be REAL fan"...;)

Caveat Emperor
12-03-2006, 06:05 PM
CE, were you wearing that jersey on Saturday? Because I passed a tall guy wearing a Belisle jersey and thought "he must be REAL fan"...;)

Definately me. Tall guy, Belisle Jersey, Sarasota Reds hat.

I'll be rocking it out at the game this season as well. It was actually a tough call between the Belisle jersey or the Majewski jersey. Majewski had the comedy value, but I'm much more of a Belisle fan and his jersey has an extended body, so it fits me a lot better.

Chip R
12-03-2006, 06:06 PM
...that, and buying an authentic Matt Belisle jersey for $50. That was pretty sweet too.

I bet Super Barry would buy that from you for twice what you paid.

KittyDuran
12-03-2006, 06:10 PM
After circling the place three times, I don't know how I missed that table full of chocolates, but it's probably a good thing I did.
The table was right when you came in...to the left. BTW, I didn't buy any - I should have right before I left both days.

otto
12-03-2006, 06:15 PM
One more thing... I also LOVED the truck where they produce/direct the TV cameras and audio. How the heck does someone get that kind of job? I've seen it before for a Bengals vs Steelers game several years ago, but even though it wasn't new to me, it was still impressive.

Stay in school, kids! ;)

TeamCasey
12-03-2006, 06:19 PM
No Dunn, no Griffey?

Chip R
12-03-2006, 06:22 PM
No Dunn, no Griffey?

No TeamCasey either.

TeamCasey
12-03-2006, 06:35 PM
No TeamCasey either.

Work, travel, Christmas, panic.

Now that I think of it, I've never been to Redsfest.

Add crowds to that list. :laugh: I'm not an autograph collector either. I wouldn't wait in line for a signature unless someone was writing a big check with my name on it. :)

Chip R
12-03-2006, 07:24 PM
Work, travel, Christmas, panic.

Now that I think of it, I've never been to Redsfest.

Add crowds to that list. :laugh: I'm not an autograph collector either. I wouldn't wait in line for a signature unless someone was writing a big check with my name on it. :)

Don't be disappointed in players for not coming if you're not going to come then. :nono: ;)

Jpup
12-03-2006, 07:43 PM
It is kind of sad that Dunn, Jr., and Edwin were not there. What about Hatteberg, he wasn't there either, was he?

TeamCasey
12-03-2006, 07:50 PM
Don't be disappointed in players for not coming if you're not going to come then. :nono: ;)

I didn't realize they weren't there. I was surprised I hadn't seen photos of them.

12-04-2006, 08:18 AM
I think EE is currently playing ball.

Heath
12-04-2006, 11:41 AM
I think EE is currently playing ball.

EdE's playing winter ball.

I think Dunn had parental duties.

Junior's never been a "fest-type" guy. I don't think he's ever been at a RedsFest.

Oh, yeah - I found a letter.

Dear Santa,

I've been a very good boy this year. Please send me the Reds Pool Table that was pictured in this thread. Also, please send me a 24x24 room so I can house it.

Yours Truly,
Heath

TeamBoone
12-04-2006, 11:58 AM
Yes, Griffey has participated in Reds Fest... children only autograph signings.

scounts22
12-04-2006, 12:16 PM
Alright, I tried to post some of my pics, but apparently the files are all too big to post here. Can somebody help me? Is there a way to fix that? I'm not all up-to-date on that kind of stuff. :help: Thanks.

12-04-2006, 05:25 PM
Alright, I tried to post some of my pics, but apparently the files are all too big to post here. Can somebody help me? Is there a way to fix that? I'm not all up-to-date on that kind of stuff. :help: Thanks.

I posted my pics that were too big here on webshots.com and then provided a link here to them.

Like this. http://community.webshots.com/user/thegrandwazoo

vaticanplum
12-04-2006, 05:31 PM

I have a flickr account, and it resizes the pictures for you. You can sign up for free. www.flickr.com

scounts22
12-04-2006, 10:23 PM
Thanks Team Morris, 919191, and vaticanplum for your help! Y'all rock! Here is a link to my pictures. Hope this works! :D

http://community.webshots.com/album/556223117eQozAy?vhost=community

scounts22
12-05-2006, 10:39 AM
What is this? I take all that time to post my pictures and no one even comments on them. I'm so hurt. :cry: :D

RANDY IN INDY
12-05-2006, 12:19 PM
Nice pictures, scounts22. Thanks for posting.

scounts22
12-05-2006, 01:35 PM
Nice pictures, scounts22. Thanks for posting.

Thanks, Randy! :)