PDA

View Full Version : Thank You Cleveland!!!! They beat KC!!

redsfan4445
12-03-2006, 05:13 PM
YES.. i watched this game.. the rookie QB Anderson did a outstanding job to lead the Browns to a upset.yess this helps the Bengals!!!
:):beerme:

ghettochild
12-03-2006, 05:14 PM
did anyone see the 60 yard FG by the titans?

HOLY SMOKES

max venable
12-03-2006, 05:17 PM
Great weekend for the Bengals! Huge win vs. BAL and huge loss by KC. The Chiefs had to have already had that one chalked up in the win column...hey, we'll take it...

BTW...Bengals are 7-5...Steelers were 7-5 at this point last year...just sayin'.

traderumor
12-03-2006, 05:43 PM
Great weekend for the Bengals! Huge win vs. BAL and huge loss by KC. The Chiefs had to have already had that one chalked up in the win column...hey, we'll take it...

BTW...Bengals are 7-5...Steelers were 7-5 at this point last year...just sayin'.No way! I turned it off after it got to 28-14. Way to go Brownies. Now we can root for KC to beat Baltimore next week since and put us to within a game of the division lead after the Bengals beat Oakland.

guttle11
12-03-2006, 05:45 PM
WOOF WOOF WOOF!!! Go Browns!

Now...Go Seahawks!!!

Reds Freak
12-03-2006, 05:45 PM
I don't know traderumor, part of me would like a little bit of cushion in the wild card. I still think the division is a long shot. Baltimore has a pretty easy road after next week.

Any other Bengals fans feel a little dirty rooting for Dawson to nail that field goal?

Johnny Footstool
12-03-2006, 05:46 PM
Friggin' Chiefs packed it up after 3 quarters.

I was rooting for them and the Bengals to secure both WC spots and meet up in the AFC Championship game.

They'll probably dominate the Ravens next week, because they can only win at home.

BuckWoody
12-03-2006, 05:55 PM
w00t!! I love me some Brownies today! :thumbup:

max venable
12-03-2006, 06:22 PM
Any other Bengals fans feel a little dirty rooting for Dawson to nail that field goal?

Yes! Told my wife that early in game. I said, "It's hard (and weird) for me to root for the Browns." It was counterintuitive...but I managed. :thumbup:

Heath
12-03-2006, 06:29 PM
You are welcome,

Sincerely,

Me, GAC, & Boyds.

(we deserve rep points... :D )

justincredible
12-03-2006, 07:11 PM
Herm Edwars is a dolt.

Thank you Browns for helping out the Jets today, even if you did beat them in week 8.

reds1869
12-03-2006, 07:34 PM
I used to live in Cleveland and a little part of me still enjoys seeing them win, as long as it's not against the Bengals.

MrCinatit
12-03-2006, 08:39 PM
This is the second time in three weeks I found myself rooting for the Browns. This almost makes up for them losing to Pittsburg.
Almost :evil:

GAC
12-03-2006, 09:56 PM
You are welcome,

Sincerely,

Me, GAC, & Boyds.

(we deserve rep points... :D )

Yeah, I'm checking and I'm not seeing any rep points! :lol:

We've played some good teams, with the exception of the Bengals, really tough this year.

We beat the Jets and Atlanta, and should have beaten Baltimore earlier in the season. That last second 15-14 loss really hurt.

But you can't expect ANY defense to hold up.... even one that has starters missing... as the game progresses. You're too darn tired.

I'm gonna still beat that dead horse when it comes to the Browns.....

Fix that offensive line and you vastly improve this team all around. It just helps to improve so many other facets of your game.

Did anyone hear the announcer today say that all this win does is hurt the Brown's chances of landing Quinn? :lol:

DoogMinAmo
12-03-2006, 10:27 PM
GAC,

If you guys want him, Steinbach is a great left guard available next year. Unfortunately, you may have to pay for him.

Ben
12-03-2006, 11:19 PM
[QUOTE]If you guys want him, Steinbach is a great left guard available next year. Unfortunately, you may have to pay for him.
[QUOTE]

Steinbach is going to get Steve Hutchinson money...if the Brownies sign him away so be it. I'd rather sign Justin Smith with the money than Steiny. Andrew Whitworth is a budding star. While all the praise is given to Carson, Chad, and the rest of the playmakers on offense, Whitworth deserves just praise if not more. He has protected Carson's blindside against the likes of Derrick Brooks and Terrell Suggs and has done an outstanding job. Would anyone have believed that the Bengals would be a playoff-caliber team without three of their starting Olineman before the season started? It speaks to job done by Marvin and the scouting staff to find Stacy Andrews, Eric Ghiachic, and Andrew Whitworth. Marvin is building something very, very special and we as Bengals fans are blessed to have him as our coach.

MrCinatit
12-04-2006, 12:14 AM
Let us not forget, Denver is also in this. By both teams getting knocked around a bit, this can only help us.
Presently, the Seahawks are leading the Broncos, 17-13 with a little bit less than four minutes left.

dougdirt
12-04-2006, 12:25 AM
OK, I have no idea what is going on with this game between Denver and Seattle, but it seems both teams want to give away the game to the other guys...Denver has fumbled like 3 times, Seattle doesnt want to tackle anyone....

BoydsOfSummer
12-04-2006, 01:31 AM
I wanted the Browns to take Steinbach in the 1st round that year. They picked in the 20's that year and was the right place to take him. But Butchy took the little center from Notre Dame, Faine.

Good showing by the Browns. As GAC said, they are a much better team than they showed against the 'gals. The offensive line has just dragged them down terribly. Fix that problem and you'll see a nice leap in quality next year. And better rivalry games...heh...heh...

Heath
12-04-2006, 11:20 AM
I wanted the Browns to take Steinbach in the 1st round that year. They picked in the 20's that year and was the right place to take him. But Butchy took the little center from Notre Dame, Faine.

Good showing by the Browns. As GAC said, they are a much better team than they showed against the 'gals. The offensive line has just dragged them down terribly. Fix that problem and you'll see a nice leap in quality next year. And better rivalry games...heh...heh...

I'd like to give Charlie Frye a year of average OL play. Not decent, or solid, just average. I think people are tossing him under the bus a little early.

reds1869
12-04-2006, 11:23 AM
Let us not forget, Denver is also in this. By both teams getting knocked around a bit, this can only help us.
Presently, the Seahawks are leading the Broncos, 17-13 with a little bit less than four minutes left.

With Denver's loss last night, the Bengals moved into the number one Wild Card spot. They own tiebreakers against all other contenders. Who would've guessed?

max venable
12-04-2006, 02:00 PM
With Denver's loss last night, the Bengals moved into the number one Wild Card spot. They own tiebreakers against all other contenders. Who would've guessed?

Amazing. Just need to keep winning.

justincredible
12-04-2006, 03:50 PM
The Jets currently sit at #6 which makes me happy. I am hoping the playoffs end up just like they are currently sitting.

GAC
12-04-2006, 09:34 PM
I'd like to give Charlie Frye a year of average OL play. Not decent, or solid, just average. I think people are tossing him under the bus a little early.

You can't expect ANY QB to perform whose main objective after he gets the ball is to stay alive! :lol:

Throw Peyton Manning back there and see what happens. ;)

Losing Bentley really hurt this offensive line.

MrCinatit
12-04-2006, 09:43 PM
Fry reminds me of some of the Bengals QBs which were forced to scramble during the '90s, thanks to a pourous line. Kinda sucks to have to eat turf one second after getting the snap.

GAC
12-04-2006, 10:10 PM
Frye is 2nd in the NFL in sacks.

When you have no offensive line, and no protection is afforded the QB, then plays are not allowed to develop.

When your receivers, who IMO are very talented, are constantly having to break route and come back to try and bail out the QB, then that says alot.