PDA

View Full Version : Dickerson and Valaika

TOBTTReds
12-03-2006, 07:02 PM
Anyone talk to them at Reds fest? I've met CD before and he was a really cool guy (The Fieldhouse at UD, never a bad place to meet someone. For those of you who don't know, it is not an athletic facility unless drinking is your sport).

They were hanging around with no attention at the Photo area, one reason because their pictures were $5. Personally I didn't want to spend $5 on a pic with Jay Bruce and Todd Benzinger with a clubhouse background either. Once they started signing auto's they got a crowd so I didn't feel so bad.

But I give a lot of credit to minor leaguers that show up to sign there. They know the crowd could be small for them, and not a lot of guys would do it.

dougdirt
12-03-2006, 07:29 PM
I was planning on it, but I went with a friend who was a complete baby and threw a fit about not having enough dealers around for him to shop. Since he drove down, I had no other choice but to leave....

I was not happy. I should have just driven down myself.

TStuck
01-29-2007, 12:45 AM
I saw Dickerson on the Winter Caravan this weekend. They poked some fun at him for being a West Coast guy having to deal with the cold temps right now during the trip. He had a sock cap on all evening. Narron was very complimentary of Chris' game, especially his baserunning skills. The comment was made that he would most likely make the jump to AAA and start the year at Louisville following Spring Training. :thumbup:
Got a chance to interact with him a bit during the autograph session. Pretty quiet and laid back that night (I think all of the Reds reps were pretty worn out by that time), but very gracious while signing.
Didn't know this (it may have been mentioned before - but I missed it), Chris is a cousin of NFL great Eric Dickerson!:clap: Pretty impressive bloodline there!

Shaknb8k
01-31-2007, 12:44 PM
Does Dickerson project to be a "Denorfia" type player with more speed and less of a bat? Or how does he project for the future?

Superdude
01-31-2007, 03:31 PM
Narron was very complimentary of Chris' game, especially his baserunning skills.

Narron would comment on baserunning skills. "Bailey's a talented pitcher, but I really like the way he fields grounders."

Does Dickerson project to be a "Denorfia" type player with more speed and less of a bat? Or how does he project for the future?

Dickerson's got more potential, but it all depends on whether or not he can make enough contact. He killed the ball in the second half last year, so there's still reason to hold out hope, but if he bats .240 again next year, I'd say it's about time to give up on him ever being an offensive force.

TOBTTReds
01-31-2007, 05:06 PM
Dickerson's got more potential

I question this. In my mind, he doesn't have a high ceiling at all. I don't think he will ever start in the majors, and I question whether he will ever play much at all. I could see him getting the amount of PT that Olmedo has gotten in the last few years, kind of a last resort. Being a LH is the only things that makes me think he might get more of a chance.

I think he is the best CF'er I have ever seen live on numerous occasions. Made some very amazing catches.

He seems to have a very good work ethic, and is a nice guy. So maybe that will help him.