5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
12-06-2006, 01:50 PM
The Dream Is Over

Red Leader
12-06-2006, 01:51 PM
3 years / $47M.

savafan
12-06-2006, 01:51 PM
No, the dream is still alive, you just have to look past the nightmares.

NJReds
12-06-2006, 01:52 PM
This isn't a surprise. He wanted to stay on the West Coast. And if he was interested in leaving the West Coast, the big boys in the East (Cubs, Yanks, Red Sox and Mets) would've been all over him.

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
12-06-2006, 01:52 PM
No, the dream is still alive, you just have to look past the nightmares.
WELL PUT

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
12-06-2006, 01:53 PM
This isn't a surprise. He wanted to stay on the West Coast. And if he was interested in leaving the West Coast, the big boys in the East (Cubs, Yanks, Red Sox and Mets) would've been all over him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/mlb/story/6242312

Red Leader
12-06-2006, 01:55 PM
Anyone see Wayne fishing for Brad Penny with Adam Dunn as his bait?

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
12-06-2006, 02:02 PM
Anyone see Wayne fishing for Brad Penny with Adam Dunn as his bait?
MAN THAT WOULD BE A NICE STARTING ROTATION
1. HARANG
2. PENNY
3. ARROYO
4. HOMER
5. LOHSE/MILTON/CLAUS/?

Heath
12-06-2006, 02:21 PM
MAN THAT WOULD BE A NICE STARTING ROTATION
1. HARANG
2. PENNY
3. ARROYO
4. HOMER
5. LOHSE/MILTON/CLAUS/?

That should seal the deal for WayneK to have a check mark in the Good Column.

Dude's got some age, so he should fit in the bullpen better. He'd make Terry Forster look like he's been on a Slim-Fast Diet.

He even wears Red. And since the facial hair rule has been waived, he doesnt have to shave. Those from 1 to 92 will love him!

Make it happen! Now!

:D

Matt700wlw
12-06-2006, 02:24 PM
The Dream Is Over

:wave: John Lennon! :wave:

Handofdeath
12-06-2006, 02:52 PM

Dude's got some age, so he should fit in the bullpen better. He'd make Terry Forster look like he's been on a Slim-Fast Diet.

He even wears Red. And since the facial hair rule has been waived, he doesnt have to shave. Those from 1 to 92 will love him!

Make it happen! Now!

Since he only works one day a year, I have serious questions about his work ethic. :D

crazybob60
12-06-2006, 03:19 PM
Wonder how those Giants fans feel bout Schmidt going from San Fran to LA???

Also good Santa joke there, it had me laughing.

Will M
12-06-2006, 03:31 PM
3 years / $47M. I would have paid that if I were BC. Beats 6 years for Zito. Problem is that Schmidt may not have even considered coming to the Reds. Seems like everyone wants to play on the west coast.

Matt700wlw
12-06-2006, 03:32 PM
3 years / $47M. I would have paid that if I were BC. Beats 6 years for Zito. Problem is that Schmidt may not have even considered coming to the Reds. Seems like everyone wants to play on the west coast.

Can't really blame them...

shredda2000
12-06-2006, 03:33 PM

California Dreamin'...on a Winter's Day :laugh:

Will M
12-06-2006, 03:52 PM
He didn't sign with the Cardinals.

westofyou
12-06-2006, 05:15 PM
http://www.baseballprospectus.com/unfiltered/

This is a 2007 PECOTA in Chavez Ravine.

W L G GS IP H BB SO HR ERA VORP WARP
11-10 29 29 189.7 175 72 173 25 4.13 32.6 4.9

Nothing too out of the ordinary. While I wouldnít usually call your attention to win-loss record ó especially this early in the cycle when we donít have a good gauge of a pitcherís run support ó it does tell us something here. Schmidt is a slightly above-average pitcher; a 15-10 guy in his best years, a 9-11 guy in his lesser ones, and somewhere in between that the rest of the time. Heís not an ace.

To me, the most interesting question is not what Jason Schmidt and J.D. Drew and Alfonso Soriano are getting ó almost certainly a little bit too much, and maybe a lot too much. Rather, itís what a true staff ace or true offensive superstar would get in this market. Of the players that were available this winter, none are slam dunks to make next yearís 50 most valuable players list, although Soriano, Aramis Ramirez, and Daisuke Matsuzaka could all sneak on toward the bottom of the list. (Matsuzaka almost certainly will make it, come to think of it, and might provide a good answer to this question, if only there werenít so many confounding factors in figuring out just what the Red Sox are really willing to pay for his on-field contributions).

What would Johan Santana make in this market? Carlos Beltran? Albert Pujols? MORP figures that these guys are all $20-$25 million/year players; Pujolsí total approaches $30 million per year. Would these guys be getting A-Rod money? Or is the market just looking to spend the cash it has on hand and sorting the players out accordingly ó without differentiating as much as it should between a Drew and a Beltran, a Santana and a Schmidt?

fearofpopvol1
12-06-2006, 05:19 PM
He didn't sign with the Cardinals.

Or the Cubs for that matter.

terminator
12-06-2006, 05:26 PM
What would Johan Santana make in this market? Carlos Beltran? Albert Pujols? MORP figures that these guys are all $20-$25 million/year players; Pujolsí total approaches $30 million per year. Would these guys be getting A-Rod money?
Undoubtedly. If GMs are willing to pay Carlos Lee $16MM and Soriano $17MM, Pujols would definitely hit that magic $25MM number of A-Rod.

As for Schmidt, that's a nice pitching staff in LA with Lowe, Penny, Wolf, Tomko and more. And Saito and Broxton in the pen.

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
12-07-2006, 11:31 AM

Make it happen! Now!

2yr/25mil