PDA

View Full Version : Homer Bailey mentioning...

thatcoolguy_22
12-10-2006, 09:00 AM
Assets: Felix Hernandez didn't live up to the King Felix moniker last season; Felix the King's Office Intern might have been more appropriate, especially during his 6.31 ERA May and 4.45 ERA, six-inning-per-start September. Nonetheless, how many pitchers would you take ahead of him for the next six to eight years? Any? I hear lovely things about that Homer Bailey kid on Cincy and the Yankees' Phil Hughes, but neither has 43 major-league starts under his belt, as does Felix the King's Food-Taster.

http://www.sportsline.com/mlb/story/9859558

This marks the first time that I have seen any mention of bailey with the same regard as what we have made him out to be on this board... I thought it was kind of cool.

plus i wanted to see just how quickly this thread would reach 100 views because of fellow viewers thinking we might be considering a trade including bailey and dunn for a verlander or bonderman or ervin santana. everyone is too paranoid

joshnky
12-10-2006, 09:17 AM
This marks the first time that I have seen any mention of bailey with the same regard as what we have made him out to be on this board... I thought it was kind of cool.

You don't read much if you haven't seen Bailey mentioned anywhere other than this site. Also, please don't start a thread the intention of misleading people.

Willy
12-10-2006, 09:37 AM
This should also be on the minor league board.

KoryMac5
12-10-2006, 11:30 AM
It's an article dealing with the assets of the Seattle Mariners mlb team. The writer is mentioning who would you take before Hernandez over the next six to eight years as far as young pitchers go. It warrants mention here because Bailey is mentioned in the same breath as a pitcher like Felix who is in the majors. Plus it is nice to see that people are hearing good things about Homer. This one pitch stuff is flat out wrong.

dougdirt
12-10-2006, 11:44 AM
anyone who pays attention knows, and has known that Homer hasnt been a 1 pitch guy. As soon as people began talking about it, it was put to rest.

jojo
12-16-2006, 12:40 AM
anyone who pays attention knows, and has known that Homer hasnt been a 1 pitch guy. As soon as people began talking about it, it was put to rest.

To me its not the number of pitches or even the quality....its all about how many he can command.

He's obviously got a great fastball (that he can change velocity on), and a devastating 12/6 curve and a developing chage up.

The question is can he throw them for strikes consistently....to this point I think he's basically used the fastball to blow by guys..... Does he have command of the hook or is it still for show?