PDA

View Full Version : Joe Ayrault named manager at Billings

savafan
12-12-2006, 02:20 PM
http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061212/COLUMNIST70/612120322/1006/SPORTS

The Cincinnati Reds recently announced that Sarasota's Joe Ayrault will serve as the manager of their Pioneer League affiliate in Billings, Mont., this coming season.

Ayrault was drafted by the Atlanta Braves out of Sarasota High School in 1990 and played parts of eight seasons with the organization. He was called up to the majors at the end of the 1996 season and held a spot on the National League champions' postseason roster.

Ayrault spent three years as a minor league coach in the Texas Rangers' organization before joining the Reds in 2004 as their Gulf Coast League affiliate's hitting coach. Prior to becoming the Sarasota Reds hitting coach last season, he was a member of Cincinnati's extended coaching staff for spring training.

The Sarasota Reds are expected to announce their on-field staff for the 2007 season today. In addition to a new hitting coach, the Florida State League team will have a new manager and pitching coach.

Donnie Scott, who served as Sarasota's manager last season, will return for his second stint as the skipper of the Midwest League's Dayton Dragons in 2007. Former Sarasota pitching coach Ed Hodge has joined the staff of the Phillies' South Atlantic League affiliate in Lakewood, N.J.

Jpup
12-13-2006, 06:25 AM
We have a problem. This article says that Ayrault will be the manager in Sarasota.

http://www.minorleaguebaseball.com/app/news/article.jsp?ymd=20061212&content_id=148372&vkey=news_t535&fext=.jsp&sid=t535

Sarasota, FL - The Cincinnati Reds player development office officially released the 2007 Sarasota Reds coaching staff today which features three local baseball names which are very familiar to the area. Sarasota native Joe Ayrault was named the Sarasota Reds manager for 2007 and his coaching staff consists of fellow Sarasota native Ryan Jackson who will be the hitting coach and Venice's Tom Brown who will be the pitching coach.

"I am ecstatic at this opportunity that the Reds have provided me. For me to be given my first managing job in professional baseball here in my hometown in front of my family and friends is going to be very special," said manager Joe Ayrault. "To manage in the ball park I went to growing up as a kid and having one of my little league buddies on the bench next to me is going to be just unbelievable. It really is the perfect situation for me and I can't wait to get started," added Ayrault.

Ayrault will become the third manager in Sarasota Reds history. Edgar Caceres (65-67) and Donnie Scott (66-73) preceded him in 2005 and 2006 respectively. Ayrault spent his previous coaching career with the GCL Rangers, the Savannah Sand Gnats, the Stockton Ports, the GCL Reds and will enter his second year with the Sarasota Reds where he was the hitting coach in 2006.

"This is a great day for Sarasota baseball," said general manager Dan Wolfert. "I am so happy for Joe to be able to manage in his hometown and I know we are going to have a lot of fun this season with him at the helm. Joe is great with the players and is a very intense competitor which rubs off on everyone surrounding him. His positive attitude and passion for the game of baseball each day is infectious and is what makes him so valuable to this organization," added Wolfert.

For updated information on the Reds including features, press releases, promotions and more, visit www.SarasotaReds.com or call the Reds office at (941) 365-4460.

savafan
12-13-2006, 02:16 PM
Weird...

TRF
12-13-2006, 02:51 PM
That's one helluva commute.

Unassisted
12-25-2006, 04:44 PM
It was a change of plans. Sarasota is Ayrault's new job.

http://www.heraldtribune.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20061213/SPORTS/612130622/1006

"Ayrault was named the manager of Cincinnati's high-level Class A affiliate on Tuesday. Jackson will serve as the team's hitting coach and Venice resident Tom Brown will be the pitching coach.

"For me to be given my first managing job in my hometown is special," Ayrault said. "To manage in the ball park I went to growing up as a kid and played in at Sarasota High. Having one of my little league buddies on the bench next to me is going to be unbelievable. In a lot of ways, this is my dream job and I'm fired up about it."

Ayrault had been pegged by the organization to take over its Pioneer League affiliate in Billings, Mont., but he learned that he would be starting his managerial career at a higher level."