PDA

View Full Version : Iverson....

TeamSelig
12-12-2006, 08:08 PM
Sitting out, if you haven't heard - until he is traded.

Indiana is one of the teams in the running. It would be nice if we could ship out Stephen Jackson & Jamal Tinsley for him. Not enough though, I don't think.

Highlifeman21
12-12-2006, 08:11 PM
I see him going to the Kings, and Bibby being the main piece going back to the 76ers.

That's my random shot in the dark.

Virginia Beach Reds
12-12-2006, 08:44 PM
ESPN is reporting he vetoed a trade to the Bobcats. I bet he ends up in Sac like Highlife just stated.

Who cares, it's just the NBA, right?

HumnHilghtFreel
12-12-2006, 09:36 PM
ESPN is reporting he vetoed a trade to the Bobcats. I bet he ends up in Sac like Highlife just stated.

Per Rotoworld:

Bobcats coach Bernie Bickerstaff angrily denied a report that Allen Iverson nixed a deal that would have sent him to Charlotte on Monday.

"No. That’s the biggest crap I’ve ever seen,’’ Bickerstaff said of the report, which said that Iverson killed a deal by saying he wouldn’t play for the Bobcats. Bickerstaff did say he offered the team’s abundance of salary-cap room as a potential aid to Sixers chief Billy King. "Our situation with Billy King,’’ Bickerstaff said, "would be acting as a facilitator if that works to help us.’’ Iverson is going to be moved, but it's anyone's guess as to where he'll end up. Dec. 12 - 1:31 pm et

HumnHilghtFreel
12-12-2006, 09:38 PM
And for the record, I'd like to see him wind up in Minnesota with KG. Possibly for something like Ricky Davis and Eddie Griffin

Razor Shines
12-13-2006, 12:10 AM
Sitting out, if you haven't heard - until he is traded.

Indiana is one of the teams in the running. It would be nice if we could ship out Stephen Jackson & Jamal Tinsley for him. Not enough though, I don't think.

I'd love to see the Pacers dump SJack and Tinsley on some unfortunate team, but I don't really want Iverson either. But I suppose if I had to choose I'd take Iverson.

dabvu2498
12-13-2006, 08:07 AM
Looks like he's gonna be talkin bout pratice somewhere else.

redsfanmia
12-13-2006, 09:35 AM
I'd love to see the Pacers dump SJack and Tinsley on some unfortunate team, but I don't really want Iverson either. But I suppose if I had to choose I'd take Iverson.

Atleast your getting rid of two problems and only getting one problem in return. I dont think getting Iverson would make the dwindling fanbase happy. When is Larry Bird going to held accountable for putting that mess of a team out there? Damn I miss Reggie, Rik, Dale, and Haywoode.

LincolnparkRed
12-13-2006, 09:39 AM

My fantasy team sure misses 30 pts a night, and now I lost Odom as well.:thumbdown

Razor Shines
12-13-2006, 01:36 PM
Atleast your getting rid of two problems and only getting one problem in return. I dont think getting Iverson would make the dwindling fanbase happy. When is Larry Bird going to held accountable for putting that mess of a team out there? Damn I miss Reggie, Rik, Dale, and Haywoode.

No kidding. I don't think I realized how much I enjoyed watching Reggie play until last year.

I agree about Larry, and I also think Carlisle needs to go, he has no control over his team.

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
12-13-2006, 01:46 PM
How old is Iverson, I think he qualifies as scrappy, can he play cf?

TeamSelig
12-13-2006, 01:52 PM
Definitely miss Reggie :(

I'd like having Iverson though, we haven't had a big time scorer since the legendary #31...

Denver & Indiana are the front runners right now according to ESPN... I guess Iverson said he'd enjoy playing there. They mentioned Jamal Tinsley and Marquis Daniels. I'd gladly send them Tinsley, Jackson, and Daniels for Iverson. Not sure if we would have to include a draft pick as well or not. Add a 1st Round pick and it makes the deal seem possible.

Not sure what our lineup would be, but it would be good.

Foster, O'Neal, Harrington, Granger, Iverson? Or maybe O'Neal, Harrington, Granger, Iverson, Sarunas? I'm not sure how Harrington would like Iverson being in Indy, seeing as they're both ball hogs, but who knows. I think it could work out.

WVRed
12-13-2006, 01:57 PM
Minnesota IMO is the most logical fit. The only question is whether or not AI and KG can co-exist.

If im the Sixers, I would try to get Randy Foye in any deal possible.

WMR
12-14-2006, 05:41 PM
RUMOR: Iverson to Miami Heat for anyone other than D. Wade and Shaq...

that would be fun to watch. AI would defer and play well with D. Wade and Shaq, IMO.

Heath
12-14-2006, 05:54 PM
LeBron James was asked about playing with AI - he'd probably be the least selfish star that could play with AI.

The Cavaliers just don't have the right contracts to swap with Philly, so its a dead issue.

cincyinco
12-15-2006, 12:04 AM
I live in Denver, but I admit - I'm not much of an NBA fan.. i like the college hoops tho.. MARCH MADNESS!!!

Anyway, whats everyone's input on his chances of landing here in Denver? I know the Nuggets have long needed a legit gaurd, and I think he and Melo would be pretty slick... Andre Miller stinks, and Boykins isn't a starter(altho a dang fine bench player IMO..)

As I said, I don't care for the NBA too much, full of prima donna's IMO and I just dont care for the game as much. Perhaps because the Nuggets were dreadful for so long, I never really identified with them(this used to be a football town you know.. hey, we've evolved..) But I've always like Melo since his Syracuse days, and he's had me checking out the Nuggets in my perhiphrial vision the past few years..

Anyway, didn't mean to get sidetracked.. but I guess I wonder if its even worth it to trade for a guy like AI, despite his abilities, simply becuase of the bagage that comes with him. Do you guys think there's a good chance he could land in Denver? What would they give up? And do you think it would be a good fit? ESPN seems to indicate that Denver is the front runner, and can offer 2 first round picks in next years draft.

As for Iverson, I think he'd have to certainly tone down his act. He wouldn't be the big man here. Melo is the star here, the face of the franchise.. and w/good reason. He's a pretty upstanding kid IMO who plays some mean ball. Would AI's ego get in the way of something that could be great? I dunno, I can't really answer these questions.. which is why I've come to you gurus..