PDA

View Full Version : Bill Belichick gets schooled

5DOLLAR-BLEACHERBUM
12-13-2006, 12:28 PM
Two Dolphins defenders said the team acquired game tape that included audio of Brady making calls, The Palm Beach Post reported Monday.

However they did it, the Dolphins made good use of the information, sacking Brady four times, knocking him down three other times and limiting him to 78 passing yards.

"I've never seen him so flustered," linebacker Zach Thomas said.

He said the Dolphins spent extra time studying Brady's calls, which usually set up his pass protection.

"We watched a lot of tape, even (audio) tape, to hear his signals and things like that," Thomas said. "We had him a little confused."

Two players said the Dolphins "bought'' tapes that included audio of Brady. Asked about purchasing special tape that included audio, coach Nick Saban indicated Monday that the players might have been confused. Saban said the Dolphins simply used past telecast.

Why wouldn't every team do this. Bill is going to die an old and lonely man, buried in his oversized sweatshirt.

Johnny Footstool
12-14-2006, 11:19 AM
I saw a blurb about this on SportsCenter, and I wondered if other teams had ever done this before. I'd think you could just set up a parabolic mic on the sidelines and record the audio yourself.

macro
12-14-2006, 12:39 PM
If you had a secret weapon that enabled you to shut out the Patriots and Tom Brady, why would you go and tell the world what you had discovered? Wouldn't it be prudent to not talk about it?

TeamSelig
12-14-2006, 01:33 PM
I think because its not as big of a deal as its been made out to be. I guess people can't understand Belichick being out smarted.

traderumor
12-14-2006, 01:55 PM
If you had a secret weapon that enabled you to shut out the Patriots and Tom Brady, why would you go and tell the world what you had discovered? Wouldn't it be prudent to not talk about it?I'm pretty sure that's man law. But, when you think you've found the holy grail, who can keep quiet about it?