PDA

View Full Version : Wikipedia List of Players' Entrance Music

Johnny Footstool
12-14-2006, 12:52 PM
Threads on this subject seem to pop up once a year, so maybe a link to this site should go in the archives.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_baseball_entrance_music

Some awesome choices:

Willie Bloomquist: "In Bloom" - Nirvana
Pat Burell: "Holy Diver" - Dio
Cliff Floyd: Theme from "Sanford and Son"
Tom Gordon: "Flash Gordon Theme" - Queen

savafan
12-14-2006, 12:56 PM
Luis Gonzalez, Arizona Diamondbacks: "Get'cha Head in the Game", High School Musical

:laugh:

Yachtzee
12-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Roy Halladay, Toronto Blue Jays: "Bad Case of Loving You (Doctor, Doctor)", Robert Palmer ("Doc" Halladay?).
Shigetoshi Hasegawa, Seattle Mariners: "Gettin' Jiggy With It", Will Smith (Gettin' "Shiggy" With It?)
Raul Ibanez, Seattle Mariners: "Werewolves of London", Warren Zevon, "Me, Myself and I", De La Soul (A couple of good music choices there)
Mike Mussina, New York Yankees: "The Zoo", The Scorpions (good song)
Mike Myers, New York Yankees: Theme from "Halloween" (:laugh:)

And yet no one has listed my favorite entrance music, "Kick Out the Jams" by the MC5 :evil:

blumj
12-14-2006, 04:18 PM
Papelbon also went through an Ultimate Warrior(?) period, which means nothing to me, but all the wrestling fans went nuts over it.

Roy Tucker
12-14-2006, 04:22 PM
Luis Gonzalez, Arizona Diamondbacks: "Get'cha Head in the Game", High School Musical

:laugh:

He must have a teenage daughter.

We wore out the "High School Musical" tape I made and now the DVD is on constant loop.

Joseph
12-14-2006, 04:42 PM
Mike Myers, New York Yankees: Theme from "Halloween" (:laugh:)

IMO the single best piece of 'simple' music ever.

Superdude
12-14-2006, 04:59 PM
I want to get Burrel just to hear Holy Diver every time he came up. That might be the single greatest composition in human history. I don't care what it takes...just get it done Wayne.

Yachtzee
12-14-2006, 05:09 PM
I want to get Burrel just to hear Holy Diver every time he came up. That might be the single greatest composition in human history. I don't care what it takes...just get it done Wayne.

Even better than "Rainbow in the Dark?"

Tom Servo
12-14-2006, 05:22 PM
Mike Myers wins, hands down.

Degenerate39
12-14-2006, 05:38 PM

Without a doubt

Superdude
12-14-2006, 11:25 PM

Even better than "Rainbow in the Dark?"

You guys obviously haven't heard Holy Diver in a while. I literally can't think of a single more intimidating moment for a pitcher than having a 6'4" 230lbs beast walk up to bat in a close game with Holy Diver playing in the background. I would just cry. "Ride the tiga'!"

Johnny Footstool
12-15-2006, 12:03 AM
You guys obviously haven't heard Holy Diver in a while. I literally can't think of a single more intimidating moment for a pitcher than having a 6'4" 230lbs beast walk up to bat in a close game with Holy Diver playing in the background. I would just cry. "Ride the tiga'!"

I agree with Superdude.

If you're a Tenacious D fan, you know that Dio is a demigod.

Holy Die-VAH!

Yachtzee
12-15-2006, 12:14 AM

Sorry Superdude, just yankin' your chain. :)

I'll give you "Holy Diver." It's good stuff.

I'll throw this one out there - "Holiday in Cambodia" Dead Kennedys ("Give Me Convenience or Give Me Death" Version). A very menacing use of bass and "surf"-style guitar.

jmcclain19
12-15-2006, 02:36 AM
For some reason, whenever I think of entrance music, I remember the Diamondbacks inaugural season, when someone asked then "Star" 1st baseman Travis Lee why he always used Bush "Machine Head" and he said that he didn't like rock at all, he was a country guy. But someone on the Dbacks staff played it while he was warming up and 'thought it sounded cool' so he started using it.

Thought it sounded cool....that could be the euphemism of Travis Lee's career.

jmcclain19
12-15-2006, 02:37 AM
By the way, ESPN did a compilation a few years ago that is a little different than the Wikipedia list

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page3/story?page=atbatsongs/index

RedFanAlways1966
12-15-2006, 07:47 AM
When I see Ronnie James Dio's name on a baseball site... it brings back memories of the Royals Freddie Patek. Except at 5'5" tall, Freddie might be a few inches taller than Dio.

Perhaps Adam Dunn should use a song that Dio sang when he was in Black Sabbath... it would reflect the REDS fans views of him. That song would be "Heaven and Hell".

Unassisted
12-15-2006, 09:15 AM
I just added Ryan Langerhans to that Wikipedia entry. The 5-chord sequence in "Ironman" is such a clever match for the 5 syllables in his name that I thought it was worthy of inclusion.

Johnny Footstool
12-15-2006, 09:38 AM
I just added Ryan Langerhans to that Wikipedia entry. The 5-chord sequence in "Ironman" is such a clever match for the 5 syllables in his name that I thought it was worthy of inclusion.

Ry-an Lang-er-hans
Stuffs a sock inside his pants...

Yachtzee
12-15-2006, 11:14 AM
Ry-an Lang-er-hans
Stuffs a sock inside his pants...

http://www.wisopinion.com/blogs/uploaded_images/BeavisButthead-711924.jpg

He said "Langerhans." Heh, heh...heh, heh.

Duuh-Duuh duh-duh-duh!