PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Joel Pineiro

Redsnake
12-14-2006, 04:05 PM
4 years ago I wanted the Reds to get this pitcher in the worst way. Now it seems that his stock couldn't fall any farther and rightfully so. But he's only 28 and switching leagues might help some. Couldn't hurt and the Reds need more competition for the 3rd/4th and 5th spots in the rotation. Thought?

TRF
12-14-2006, 04:09 PM
I throw harder than he does now.

So does my 8 year old daughter.

And my 12 year old cat.

I think you are starting to see a trend here.

if my daughter threw a tennis ball at the back of my couch, it would return with more velocity.

Puffy's wit has a sharper break. But that's true about most pitchers. Puffy is da man.

I can go on. and on. and on...

NWbuckeye
12-14-2006, 04:59 PM
I couldn't agree more. I live in the Northwest and follow the M's now. Trust me, stay far away from any pitcher the M's non-tender. The M's didn't even want Gil Meche back and he signs for 55 mil, fricking ridiculous. Meche has the talent, but not the mental make-up. There is a reason he signed with KC, lower expectations and lower pressure. Hardly anyone on the seattle forums wanted Meche or Piniero back, besides you've already had a taste of Ryan Franklin 'nuff said.

jojo
12-14-2006, 09:13 PM
Thought?

Yes, my head is starting to hurt.... ;)

This is an idea....its just a bad one.

BRM
12-15-2006, 01:22 PM
Joel Pineiro has already been contacted by five teams. The Pirates, D-Rays, Cards, and Yanks could be among them.

LINK (http://www.mlbtraderumors.com/)

Dracodave
12-15-2006, 01:28 PM
Minor League contract + ST invite. Thats all Joel gets from me because untill he can proves he can get his "stuff" back, I dont think he should be pitching in GABP. :devil:

BEETTLEBUG
12-15-2006, 02:21 PM
I agree Dracodave, minor contract with ST invite.

Highlifeman21
12-16-2006, 12:47 PM
I remember the days when I wanted more than anything for the Piniero for Casey trade to happen and called in every 700 WLW show I could to pimp that trade.

Ah, good memories.

Still wish it happened.