PDA

View Full Version : Which Of These Trades Would You Make?

Krusty
12-16-2006, 09:22 AM
Which of these trades would you like the Reds to make:

RBA
12-16-2006, 09:25 AM
Possible Poll?

BigREDSfaninKY
12-16-2006, 09:28 AM
I'll take: :confused:

VI_RedsFan
12-16-2006, 10:03 AM
No all of the above choice, Krusty? I would do any of those trades. Good ideas.

Falls City Beer
12-16-2006, 10:23 AM
Gillick is not fool enough to trade Lieber for Majewski.

And the Reds aren't taking on contracts.

StillFunkyB
12-16-2006, 10:31 AM
Sign me up for Dunn to the Dodgers. Not that I want Adam gone, but I like that package.

jojo
12-16-2006, 10:49 AM
I don't think the opposing GM in any of the hypothetical trades would be willing to pull the trigger.....

AdamDunn
12-16-2006, 10:54 AM
Dunn to the Braves for lst baseman LaRoche, RHP Davies. LaRoche to Pirates for LHP Gonzalez... gives us a solid closer for now and the future and Davies is worth a try for the five spot... but then, we would have to trade for some hitting.

BigRed
12-16-2006, 11:50 AM
I would do any of the trades except the Braves-Pirates 3 way deal. They would only be getting a closer in Gonzalez and a possible #5 starter who may not be any better than what we already have. Definitely not enough return for Dunn. On top of that, the lost offense would be devastating.

I would do the Phillies deal, but unless Gillick is smoking some good stuff, he would never send us Lieber for Majewski. Pitching is at a premium. The Phillies will get a good return for Lieber.

Again, I would do the White Sox deal, but they would never go for it. If they were to trade Garland, they would not want Milton. They would want Homer Bailey or Jay Bruce. Also, I am not big on Brian Anderson, I would prefer to keep Freel.

The Dodgers deal to me would be the best deal and the Dodgers might (?) bite on this one.

Krusty
12-16-2006, 11:23 PM
Here is another trade idea:

Todd Coffey and Brendan Harris to the Padres for RHP Scott Linebrink.
Reds get their closer in Linebrink. Padres get a cheaper setup man in Coffey and Harris can be thrown in the mix at second base for the Padres.

pedro
12-16-2006, 11:25 PM
Here is another trade idea:

Todd Coffey and Brendan Harris to the Padres for RHP Scott Linebrink.
Reds get their closer in Linebrink. Padres get a cheaper setup man in Coffey and Harris can be thrown in the mix at second base for the Padres.

Why would SD do that?

Krusty
12-16-2006, 11:27 PM
Why would SD do that?

Why would the White Sox trade Freddie Garcia for two young unproven pitchers with talent?

It looks like San Diego is going the younger and cheaper route this offseason. And Linebrink might be pricing himself out of a setup role.

pedro
12-16-2006, 11:31 PM
Why would the White Sox trade Freddie Garcia for two young unproven pitchers with talent?

It looks like San Diego is going the younger and cheaper route this offseason. And Linebrink might be pricing himself out of a setup role.

Linebrink only made 1.6 mil last year and if his salary really was an issue for the Padres I believe they would have taken one of the genually good offers that have been rumored.

savafan
12-16-2006, 11:33 PM
Didn't the Reds let Harris go?

Jpup
12-17-2006, 12:25 AM
Didn't the Reds let Harris go?

he's still on the roster according to reds.com.

I would do the Freel/Milton for Garland/Anderson, but I don't think the Sox would. Kenny Williams isn't too bright so it could happen.

jojo
12-17-2006, 10:42 AM

Freddie Garcia is expensive, he's in the last year of his contract, starting pitching is a big strength for the ChiSox (they have other options) and Freddie just isn't all that good anymore.

RedLegSuperStar
12-17-2006, 11:02 AM
Went with Dunn to LA...

I choose that over the Farney/Milton to ChiSox for Garland/Anderson because Milton is off the books next season.. Freel is an asset to this team because he is so versitle. Anderson is hit or miss and Garland is young and expensive.. purhaps may have upside but I favor the Dunn deal better.

It lands an top tier pitcher and upcomming top prospect in Ethier. Penny value for the cost is worth a shot. And having Ethier under a teams controll for about 4 years and not have to pay 13 million+ next season to retain Dunn might be the better move.