PDA

View Full Version : Redszone: I hate you

Edskin
12-16-2006, 11:26 AM
You know, everyday I come to Redszone. Everyday, I'm all excited to see what the next big "sticky" is going to be. I mean, our FO pretty much came out and said, "expect us to be busy this off-season." So, I was pretty pumped.

So, I visit daily. And I've even been hitting "refresh" thinking something MUST be wrong. Because so far, all I've seen is Mike Stanton and Alex Gonzalez. Oh, and I few really juicy and exciting rumors about Mark Loretta. Didn't want to forget about those.

At first, I didn't fret much. I figured the winter meetings is where it would all go down-- we'd be "sticky crazy" at Redszone, right? But the meetings came and went, and no stickies to report.

So, I blame this on Redszone. This is where I come for my Reds news, and so far, you've given me zilch. A "slick fielding" SS and a 79 year old bullpen arm. Thanks a lot. You do realize that the Redskins suck this year, don't you? I mean, couldn't you just throw me a bone? Something? Anything?

Redsland
12-16-2006, 11:28 AM
Juan Castro got an extension.

:dunno:

RedLegSuperStar
12-16-2006, 11:47 AM
Oh come on.. you have to be stoaked about Stormy, Crosby, Moeller, Hamilton, Livingston, and the trade of LaRue...

westofyou
12-16-2006, 11:49 AM
Hey the Cards signed a MI and inked big money to guys that might get hurt, the Reds are just keeping pace.

SunDeck
12-16-2006, 12:28 PM
But at least ticket prices are going up, Ed. You gotta LOVE that move.
And they got those new, slick unis.
With the Mr. Red patch, and all.
Honestly Ed, I worry about your lack of enthusiasm and whether or not you will be up to the annual "I'm psyched because my Reds have a new health plan" thread.
Don't bring us down, man.

Falls City Beer
12-16-2006, 02:11 PM
You know, everyday I come to Redszone. Everyday, I'm all excited to see what the next big "sticky" is going to be. I mean, our FO pretty much came out and said, "expect us to be busy this off-season." So, I was pretty pumped.

So, I visit daily. And I've even been hitting "refresh" thinking something MUST be wrong. Because so far, all I've seen is Mike Stanton and Alex Gonzalez. Oh, and I few really juicy and exciting rumors about Mark Loretta. Didn't want to forget about those.

At first, I didn't fret much. I figured the winter meetings is where it would all go down-- we'd be "sticky crazy" at Redszone, right? But the meetings came and went, and no stickies to report.

So, I blame this on Redszone. This is where I come for my Reds news, and so far, you've given me zilch. A "slick fielding" SS and a 79 year old bullpen arm. Thanks a lot. You do realize that the Redskins suck this year, don't you? I mean, couldn't you just throw me a bone? Something? Anything?

Don't say I didn't warn you.

CrackerJack
12-16-2006, 02:24 PM
The Reds' season is just an afterthought to Redsfest and Bronson Arroyo's wannabe rock star act any ways.

Sorry you missed it, maybe next year

TeamBoone
12-16-2006, 02:29 PM
Bronson doesn't want to be a rock star... he says it's a hobby and baseball is his life.

Edskin
12-16-2006, 05:29 PM
Oh, gosh, I'll be here. They could sign Juan Castro's entire family, and I'd be here.... it's an addiction...I'd say it's a REALLY bad addiction because at least meth, crack, weed, booze, etc... gives you at least a temporary high.....but I'll be here; bent over and ready for the Reds to stick it to me once again.

BoydsOfSummer
12-16-2006, 05:33 PM
Awwwww....we hate you too,Edskin!

redsupport
12-16-2006, 06:26 PM
wait dont be dismissive Chad Moeller was inked

TheBigLebowski
12-16-2006, 09:55 PM
And we got a 2007 Tim Birtsas because of some sort of rules violation. That kicked a**. I don't know why everyone is complaining.

http://www.beckett.com/images/pgitems/699450101.jpg

dabvu2498
12-18-2006, 11:22 AM
And we got a 2007 Tim Birtsas because of some sort of rules violation. That kicked a**. I don't know why everyone is complaining.

Soft-tossing lefthander... so says Harry Caray.

oregonred
12-18-2006, 04:12 PM
Edskin :D

OTOH, with the way mediocrity has been rewarded with lottery tickets in the FA Market, it's a good thing the Reds are staying far away.

Signing Harang to buy a couple of his FA years would be about the best move Krivsky could make right about now.

guttle11
12-18-2006, 07:02 PM
I feel the same way, edskin.

Slider
12-18-2006, 07:20 PM
Maybe we need a shrink forum here on Redszone. :rolleyes:

GAC
12-18-2006, 07:50 PM
Bronson doesn't want to be a rock star... he says it's a hobby and baseball is his life.

So he doesn't think he's Randy Bachman?

"Rock is my life and this is my song" :lol:

GAC
12-18-2006, 07:52 PM
Edskin :D

OTOH, with the way mediocrity has been rewarded with lottery tickets in the FA Market, it's a good thing the Reds are staying far away.

Signing Harang to buy a couple of his FA years would be about the best move Krivsky could make right about now.

I couldn't agree more.

Wayne could have came home smiling and talking about that 3 yr/25 Mil contract he just gave to Jeff Weaver. :mooner:

SunDeck
12-18-2006, 07:57 PM
Oh, gosh, I'll be here. They could sign Juan Castro's entire family, and I'd be here.... it's an addiction...I'd say it's a REALLY bad addiction because at least meth, crack, weed, booze, etc... gives you at least a temporary high.....but I'll be here; bent over and ready for the Reds to stick it to me once again.

Well, now I'm a little grossed out by the imagery of you and your relationship with the Reds, Ed.

corkedbat
12-18-2006, 08:04 PM
They did invite Jimmy Haynes, Joey Hamilton and Jimmy Anderson to ST today to compete for rotation spots.

marcshoe
12-18-2006, 08:35 PM
So, is it okay to hate the messenger if the messenger keeps showing up empty-handed?

Reds1
12-18-2006, 11:56 PM
It's been fun seeing how everyone is overpaying for very ave. talent.

marcshoe
12-19-2006, 11:15 AM
What'll be more fun is to see everyone bemoaning the production they're getting from these ten and eleven million dollar arms come July.

GAC
12-19-2006, 08:58 PM
They did invite Jimmy Haynes, Joey Hamilton and Jimmy Anderson to ST today to compete for rotation spots.

Their chances of successful would be comparable to some of the FA pitchers we are seeing signed, and alot less cheaper. :mooner:

Edskin
12-20-2006, 09:09 AM
It's funny-- I really don't want the Reds to overpay for average players. That's a slippery slope to be sure. However, the alternative seems to be do nothing at all, which is also not good considering how much help we need. Kind of a Catch 22 :(

Falls City Beer
12-20-2006, 09:44 AM
It's funny-- I really don't want the Reds to overpay for average players. That's a slippery slope to be sure. However, the alternative seems to be do nothing at all, which is also not good considering how much help we need. Kind of a Catch 22 :(

That's the thing: it's not a Catch 22. There is a continent of options between FA splurging and nothing. Don't buy into that silly false dilemma. Certainly don't do so to give this FO some absurd leniency they haven't earned.