PDA

View Full Version : The Official UK vs. UL Basketball Game Thread...

Blimpie
12-16-2006, 01:13 PM
Twenty minutes to game time and no thread discussion on this board?? Pretty much shows that interest in this game needs to amped up on the national level once again.

UK has had seven days off after their hard fought win over Indiana. Louisville played a very uninspired game in their loss to Travis Ford's UMASS club but two days ago.

Personally, I just want to see a good game today. That, and to see the floor awash in the blood of a diminutive Italian man wearing Armani.

Go Blue!

WMR
12-16-2006, 01:18 PM
I think we'll win it today. This is not one of those scary Pitino teams, at least not right now. Padgett v. Morris could be interesting.

Blimpie
12-16-2006, 01:47 PM
I think we'll win it today. This is not one of those scary Pitino teams, at least not right now. Padgett v. Morris could be interesting.I dunno how interesting it will be now. Morris picked up two fouls in just over four minutes.

Color me shocked.

WMR
12-16-2006, 01:54 PM
Amazing how Lukasz has gone through 4 years of supposedly learning how to be a big man yet still doesn't seem to have a SINGLE back to the basket move... I understand the guy is European, but c'mon!

Cedric
12-16-2006, 02:07 PM
Are these teams always this bad? I never thought Kentucky would be this bad after the late 90's run they had.

WMR
12-16-2006, 02:28 PM
At least the freshmen are showing some life...

WMR
12-16-2006, 02:28 PM
Are these teams always this bad? I never thought Kentucky would be this bad after the late 90's run they had.

Late 90's? Haha, how about the last half century?

Matt700wlw
12-16-2006, 03:28 PM
Let's talk Bearcats and Buckeyes!!

:D

Blimpie
12-16-2006, 03:40 PM
Seemed like UL got every rebound in the first half and UK got every one in the second half. Strange.

Louisville couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat. If they hit even 40% of their shots today--UK is in trouble.

It is going to be a long Big East season for Coach Pitino...

Matt700wlw
12-16-2006, 04:32 PM
Let's talk Bearcats and Buckeyes!!

:D

Scratch that...it's ugly already....

guttle11
12-16-2006, 04:33 PM
Scratch that...it's ugly already....

Yeah. Who's this Oden kid? He looks like he's decent.

jmac
12-16-2006, 08:01 PM
as a uk fan...i am glad they won most definitely.
However i think you could combine both teams and let them play an Ohio State or North Carolina 10 against 5 and they wouldnt scare many the way they played today !
Sort of odd how Uof L is in a downward trend "with" pitino and UK has been "since" pitino.
yeah...i know they won the title right after but since then tubby ball has resulted in about 8-12 losses a season and maybe a short run in NCAA.

Blimpie
12-17-2006, 11:08 AM
as a uk fan...i am glad they won most definitely.
However i think you could combine both teams and let them play an Ohio State or North Carolina 10 against 5 and they wouldnt scare many the way they played today !
Sort of odd how Uof L is in a downward trend "with" pitino and UK has been "since" pitino.
yeah...i know they won the title right after but since then tubby ball has resulted in about 8-12 losses a season and maybe a short run in NCAA.Wasn't Louisville in the Final Four less than two years ago?

jmac
12-17-2006, 02:14 PM
Wasn't Louisville in the Final Four less than two years ago?

yeah...they were "in" final four.
I am speaking of what most UK and Uof L fans want which is more than simply being a top25-top15 team which neither is right now and occasionally getting to a Final Four.
just listen to the talk shows this morning and you can see most fans arent happy with pitino's results.
Most arent saying he needs to go(tho some do), but many are saying they are tired of all his excuses on "wait till we get older" or "injuries" etc.
fact is ....this is his 6th year and the fans are getting restless.

In tubby's case.....sure the fans could say "well we was the #1 seed a few years ago going into tournament" but it is what you've done for me lately.