PDA

View Full Version : My Reds Christmas list

jamess697
12-18-2006, 09:13 PM
I know this is a stretch but what I want for Christmas is for the Reds to make the next moves to improve the ball club.

First sign either Hillenbrand or Craig Wilson, then trade for a decent number 3 starter. I think that this would provide depth and give us a solid pitching staff. It would set up like this:

Harang
Arroyo
#3 starter from trade
Milton
Lohse

Our bullpen is already solid:
Salmon
Bray
Majewski
Cormier
Coffey
Stanton
Weathers

then our lineup is decent, but if some players put up numbers in our ball park could be good. I know that is a stretch!

C Ross, Valentin
1B Hatteberg, Hillenbrand/Wilson
2B Phillips
SS Gonzalez/Castro
3B Encarnacion
LF Dunn
CF Griffey
RF Deno/Freel

What do you think.

Degenerate39
12-18-2006, 10:28 PM
Sounds like you've covered everything that we could really use.

roby
12-19-2006, 12:01 AM
I agree with you completely. before I gave up anything in a trade, I might scour the remaining free agaents one more time and see if i have missed anything as far as a #3 pitcher is concerned. I still would love to see homer bailey force his way into the Reds rotation as a #5. I wouldn't use castro much at shortstop, however. good post. i hope someone is listening...they obviously are not doing much else. :bang:

johngalt
12-19-2006, 12:56 AM
Who exactly do you plan on trading for a #3 starter?

Judging by your lineup, you're not planning on it being a big leaguer. That leaves the minors where Homer Bailey, Jay Bruce and Joey Votto are pretty much the only guys who could fetch someone like that. I'm not sure I want to deal any of those guys.

BRM
12-19-2006, 10:56 AM
I don't like any lineup that has Junior in CF. Swap him with Deno/Freel and it's alright.