PDA

View Full Version : Christmas Shopping For The Spouse

GAC
12-18-2006, 09:29 PM
Years ago, my wife and I decided not to buy each other gifts for Christmas. Christmas was for the kids. Besides, it was always a hassle trying to figure out what to get your wife. I'm easy to buy for. Just get me power tools. But after my wife found out about my insurance policy I told her not to bother.

I was balancing the checkbook and seen all these receipts from JC Penneys and a couple other stores. I didn't look at the items but simply the amount. I ended up having to transfer money over to insure they were covered, and was somewhat upset. My wife is one that thinks that as long as there are checks in the checkbook there is plenty of money. She can whip out here ATM card faster then Wyatt Earp can his six-shooter.

So I went into to ask her. She was in bed sharpening her cla....filing her nails. So I asked her if these were gifts for her "girlfriend" gift exchange at work, and that I had to transfer money over to cover them. I thought we were done with our shopping. She then looks up at me with those sad puppy eyes and says "Those are gifts I bought for you."

I went from being 5' 9" to just a few inches tall. I didn't know how to respond or what to say.

She just did an "end around" on me. As I turned and walked away I felt like a Brown's linebacker trying to stop LaDianian Tomlinson mumbling to myself.

Now I have to go out and get her something.

There is no way I'm going to get to Christmas morning, where everyone is opening up gifts, tearing into packages, and there is my wife with nothing.

And of course her response to anything you might say will be "That's OK honey. My gift is watching the happy face on all of you."

B-A-L-O-N-E-Y

She has just gained an edge. She is one-up on you now. And it's a debt that will no be forgotten. Somehow and somewhere, at a certain point and time in the future, that "debt" must be paid men.

So I am now having to do my research in order to get her something.

These are the types of decisions that we men have to be very careful, inputting alot of thought, in making.

We have no problem making such decisions as do I or don't I nuc Iran? Do I or don't I send a CIA hit squad after Chavez?

Easy decisions to make. Piece of cake.

We don't have to worry about saving the receipt, whether they will like it or not, or having to stand in line the day after Christmas trying to return it.

So here are some tips I've learned after being married for 25 years....

clothes

I've learned that a woman's closet has two types....

those that she is currently wearing, and

those that she can't wear, won't throw away, and is hoping someday to be able to wear again.

If you value your life, play it safe and stay away from the 24Ws and go with the size 12s.

If you have to get the wrong size, it's far better to go small. If she opens up a package and finds a pair of designer jeans that are too small for her, you can always say "You look like a size 12 to me honey".

But you cannot explain a size 24. You would have far greater success negotiating with North Korea.

perfumes

Stay away from anything lilac. I found out that is what 80 yr old grandmothers wear.

diamonds

If she is expecting a diamond and you can't afford it, then since this is 2006 you can use the "Blood Diamond" excuse.... "I really wanted to get you one honey. I was standing in the jewelry store and had one all picked out. Then I though of the terrible conditions and forced slave labor it took to procure that diamond after seeing the movie. That is why I went with the Salad Shooter."

shoes

Just go to the back of her closet and find the newest pair. Clean the dust off of them and put them in a new box. They'll never know the difference.

And add that special touch. Get some odor eaters and bunion pads to go with it.

hosiery/lingerie

Don't try it on first. Not only does it stretch the heck out of it, but scares the crap out of the department store clerk.

I hope my advice will save alot of you men any pain and suffering.

Now... do any of you have any ideas what I can get my wife? :lol:

bucksfan
12-18-2006, 09:58 PM
It used to be easy for me, GAC. But somewhere along the line, maybe between years 9 and 12, my judgement went south or her tolerance for my judgment went south. I claim the latter.

We try to limit ourselves for each other too as it is about our daughter ( and now here 2 week old cousin) but we still like to put some thought towards getting each other something.

This year it was pretty easy (famous last words, check again w/me Dec-26!). After seeing her frustration as our clunky Kodak digital camera failed once again to perform it's sole duty in life at our daughter's 5th birthday party, I had an answer. And fortunately the Canon Power shot SD600 went on sale the next day. So now she will have a sleek little # that presumably also takes a picture along with taking up minimal valuable "pursal" real estate. Plus I will be saved the glare of being head of a household that cannot provide its constituents with a functioning camera in this age when everything from turtle neck sweaters to toothbrush holders seem to be able to capture photographic images for posterity.

This probably didn't help you (I didn't think I could!) but it didn';t hurt did it? Good luck anyways!

goreds2
12-18-2006, 10:01 PM
I got my wife a gift card to Victoria Secret and a fancy beauty salon (I forget the name of the fancy place). She kind of hinted me for those things though.

I hope this helps. :)

Red in Chicago
12-18-2006, 11:13 PM
how about a cabana boy:evil:

Unassisted
12-18-2006, 11:50 PM
Years ago, my wife and I decided not to buy each other gifts for Christmas.

My wife and I did the same thing shortly after our first kid arrived and have stuck to that for nearly 15 years. My trump cards are that I am hard-as-heck to buy for and I spend more time on bargain web sites than she does to obtain the few things on my wish list at a lower price than she could get them. Since she can't bear the idea of paying regular price if there's a bargain to be had on something, I can't imagine she'd ever want to do an end-around like you described.

At least, I hope she never does anyway. :help:

As for what to get your wife... if she likes things that smell nice, you can't go wrong getting an armload of stuff from a place like Bath and Body Works.

BUTLER REDSFAN
12-19-2006, 12:02 AM
we do the same thing--we haven't bought each other a christmas gift in years...always get something for the house like a portable tv or a stereo...got 2 kids to buy for and thats enough...she loves excursions though--how about paying for a weekend trip to gatlinburg??

Roy Tucker
12-19-2006, 07:32 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. Buy her diamonds.

I learned my lesson the year I bought my wife some diamond earrings. She said you shouldn't have. She said take them back, they're too expensive. She said they are too extravagant. She said I can't keep these. I said shut up woman.

And then she wore them, and them only, to bed that night :) And then she didn't take them off for the next year. And she got compliments out the wazoo and every time she did, she got this dreamy look on her face like she had a private secret.

Diamonds, my man.

RedsBaron
12-19-2006, 07:44 AM
Roy is a wise man--listen to him.

Red Heeler
12-19-2006, 07:45 AM

I learned my lesson the year I bought my wife some diamond earrings. She said you shouldn't have. She said take them back, they're too expensive. She said they are too extravagant. She said I can't keep these. I said shut up woman.

And then she wore them, and them only, to bed that night :) And then she didn't take them off for the next year. And she got compliments out the wazoo and every time she did, she got this dreamy look on her face like she had a private secret.

Diamonds, my man.

What he said.

I had exactly the same scenario the year I bought Mrs. Heeler diamond earrings. This year its going to be a necklace with a pendant in the shape of a flower. The center is a diamond with the petals made of opal (her birthstone).

RedFanAlways1966
12-19-2006, 07:47 AM
Great stuff (and so true), GAC! :laugh:

GAC
12-19-2006, 07:56 AM

Diamonds, my man.

I've done that in the past Roy.... and my practical (very practical) wife, who was raised in a Quaker household, gave me the dickens for spending the money.

I also upgraded the diamond in her diamond ring about 4 years ago when I had to take it in and get the setting fixed. Never heard the end of that one either.

I have decided that I am simply going to tell her that since she broke the "rule" and went out and bought me something, she has to give me some suggestions as to what to buy her or else I'll just wing it and she can take it back the next day. ;)

SunDeck
12-19-2006, 08:50 AM
Two Words:
Blue Box.

http://www.rakuten.ne.jp/gold/clips/tiffany/box.jpg

beb30
12-19-2006, 08:58 AM
Coach Purse (or something of the like), Vera Wang Princess Perfume (#1 selling perfume)

vaticanplum
12-19-2006, 09:18 AM
Insurance.

oneupper
12-19-2006, 09:21 AM
I have a hard time with gifts for my wife not because I lack ideas, but because I'm constantly buying her stuff and sometimes don't have something when the ocasion comes up.

That said, you might try giving her something useful that isn't necesarily to wear. Something for HER car (not a tool, but maybe a better deck or something). A Digital Camera (its not the family's its HERS), an ipod, something for her gym sessions (if she goes to a gym). Something that goes to her way of life or routine and makes it easier.

I got more mileage out of an ipod + accessiories than I did out of diamond earrings.

Just a different point of view.

GAC
12-19-2006, 09:31 AM
Insurance.

She's got that now! And a very nice life insurance package too I might add (on me).

And over the last year there are way too many accidents happening to me to suit me!

I'm sleeping with one eye open as it is!

I thought about some nice bath/beauty items to pamper herself, while also asking her if she has seen something she'd like to decorate the new home.

I thought about checking into one of those all day beauty spas. Al Bundy always referred to it as "taking her into the shop" and always asks if he can get a "loaner". :lol:

Been married to her for 25 years folks.

She likes practical.

Stuff like flowers, candy, jewelry, she just doesn't go for.

Two years ago she asked for a Black and Decker router! :lol:

registerthis
12-19-2006, 09:39 AM
I am quite proud of my gift this year--rather, I'm quite proud of the circumstaces under which I purchased her gift. We were at a rather large arts/craft show with her mother out here a couple of weekends ago, and at the time I still hadn't purchased her gift and frankly had no idea what I was going to get her. We browsed through the booth of a photographer who specialized in prints of European cbuildings and homes. She saw one of a gorgeous French house with flowers in the window, and exclaimed how much she liked it, and how nice she thought it would look in her office. Bingo.

Problem was, the craft show was packing up that afternoon, the photographer had no mail order business, and I would have to ditch the Mrs., purchase the print, get it framed, run it out to my car and hide it, and make it back inside without arousing suspicion. As we wandered on down the aisle, I quietly pulled her mother aside and asked her to distract her daughter by taking her to the jewelry section. I, meanwhile, would cry foul over that insult to my masculinity and would head over to the food section to meet up with them later. That part worked like a charm and I, thus free of the baggage, went back to the photographer's booth and frantically purchased the print she liked, and explained to him the importance of framing it RIGHT NOW. He got the idea and smiled, and had the print framed for me in less than 5 minutes. Good man. He taped it up for me, and I literally ran out of the show area and out to the parking lot where I placed it in my trunk under a couple of blankets. I proceeded back into the show and headed for the food section, just in time to meet her and her mother returning from the jewelry section.

:beerme:

vaticanplum
12-19-2006, 09:40 AM
An electric mixer? Those KitchenAid ones are freaking sweet, pricey but very practical as it will work for all eternity and save a lot of elbow grease.

RBA
12-19-2006, 09:47 AM
A Zune. You can take her to the ballgames and she can watch her videos, while you enjoy the game. Also good for road trips.

Just don't get her the gift in the JT video that's in the SNL thread. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-eM15-fMbCU She might beat the hell out of you.

15fan
12-19-2006, 09:49 AM
Couple years ago, I bought Mrs. fan some diamond stud earrings set in 18k gold. It was the year that our house was robbed 3 weeks before Christmas and the blankety-blank thief made off with all of her gold & diamond jewelry.

She took the earrings back on 12/26 and bought some shoes and handbags.

So in our house, diamonds are NOT forever.

They're for 24 hours.

Chip R
12-19-2006, 10:02 AM
Insurance.

:bowrofl: :roll:

OK, this is what you do because I've seen this work before. Get her a bowling ball that has your name on it. What will happen is she'll be so P.O.d that she will actually take bowling lessons. While she's there she will come across a French guy who will teach her to bowl and fall for her and ask her to go away with him. She'll be very conflicted but eventually will choose you and she'll come to the Honda plant and you'll pick her up and carry her out of the building to the back seat of your car and you won't be back for 10 minutes. ;)

RBA
12-19-2006, 10:08 AM
:bowrofl: :roll:

OK, this is what you do because I've seen this work before. Get her a bowling ball that has your name on it. What will happen is she'll be so P.O.d that she will actually take bowling lessons. While she's there she will come across a French guy who will teach her to bowl and fall for her and ask her to go away with him. She'll be very conflicted but eventually will choose you and she'll come to the Honda plant and you'll pick her up and carry her out of the building to the back seat of your car and you won't be back for 10 minutes. ;)

Wasn't that a Simpson's episode?

Chip R
12-19-2006, 10:10 AM
Wasn't that a Simpson's episode?

It worked for Homer and Marge, I can't see why it wouldn't work for GAC and his wife. ;)

Sweetstop
12-19-2006, 11:12 AM
Personal trainer (the 21st century cabana boy) sounds good to me after 37 years of being married to the same man.:)

Caseyfan21
12-19-2006, 11:39 AM
My strategy for my girlfriend is to just go into one of her favorite clothing stores and buy whatever I personally don't like. We have different tastes in clothing so it's worked like a charm every time. I employ the same strategy for jewelry, shoes, purses, etc. I don't think I've really gotten her a gift she didn't like in nearly 4 years of dating. She's also loves chocolate so that's my fall back if all else fails.

Johnny Footstool
12-19-2006, 11:58 AM
Jewelry. It doesn't have to be diamonds, just things that make her feel pretty.

SunDeck
12-19-2006, 12:08 PM
I have a hard time with gifts for my wife not because I lack ideas, but because I'm constantly buying her stuff and sometimes don't have something when the ocasion comes up.

And sometimes you just want to cuddle...

rdiersin
12-19-2006, 12:18 PM
An electric mixer? Those KitchenAid ones are freaking sweet, pricey but very practical as it will work for all eternity and save a lot of elbow grease.

What she said. If she doesn't have one and enjoys (key is enjoys) cooking/baking then this is a great gift, but it is pricey. When my wife and I registered for our wedding I wanted the food processor and she wanted the KA. Now that we have been married for 6 months, I would say I use the KA more than the food processor. It makes great work of pizza dough and bread dough, not to mention any sort of cookies and that sort that my wife does (I do breads and such, she does the sweets). Like vatican says it is pricey, but its also made to last.

gonelong
12-19-2006, 01:34 PM
When my wife mentions something looks interesting, etc. I put it on a list I keep at work. I have about 100 items on it at the moment. Some are a bit outdated, but its a simple way to always have something. I always put the most recent ones at the to of the list so I know what is "fresh". More often than not, I get huge amounts of credit for "paying attention" ... often times she has completely forgotten about her interst in the item and wonders how I even knew about the item much less that she wanted one.

I'll generally have a gift or two in my filing cabinent for emergencies. I also have a couple tubes of wrapping paper there.

Here is a little man-hint.

I also purchase a whole pile of cards when I do finally get around to getting to the card-store. I'll buy 3 or 4 years worth or anniversary cards, birthday cards, valentine day cards, sweetest day cards, etc. and leave 'em in my office desk. Nothing irks me more than stopping at a store to purchase yet another greeting card. I consider them a waste of time and money, yet understand the Mrs expects them to some degree. I removed the waste of time aspect from the equastion at least.

Probably not as romantic as the Mrs would like, but then again I haven't really revealed my mode of operations to her either and she seems pretty content.

GL

bucksfan
12-19-2006, 01:39 PM
When my wife mentions something looks interesting, etc. I put it on a list I keep at work. I have about 100 items on it at the moment. Some are a bit outdated, but its a simple way to always have something. I always put the most recent ones at the to of the list so I know what is "fresh". More often than not, I get huge amounts of credit for "paying attention" ... often times she has completely forgotten about her interst in the item and wonders how I even knew about the item much less that she wanted one.

I'll generally have a gift or two in my filing cabinent for emergencies. I also have a couple tubes of wrapping paper there.

Here is a little man-hint.

I also purchase a whole pile of cards when I do finally get around to getting to the card-store. I'll buy 3 or 4 years worth or anniversary cards, birthday cards, valentine day cards, sweetest day cards, etc. and leave 'em in my office desk. Nothing irks me more than stopping at a store to purchase yet another greeting card. I consider them a waste of time and money, yet understand the Mrs expects them to some degree. I removed the waste of time aspect from the equastion at least.

Probably not as romantic as the Mrs would like, but then again I haven't really revealed my mode of operations to her either and she seems pretty content.

GL

That is all quite impressive, sir!

TeamMorris
12-19-2006, 04:55 PM
I like the KA idea!! I would love one someday! They also come in many colors now so you should be able to get one to match your new kitchen.

Red Leader
12-19-2006, 05:03 PM
I bought one of those KitchenAid stand mixers for my wife as a gift when we moved into our first apartment (I think it was around $250-300 when I bought it). She loved it. That thing is built like a tank. There's no breaking that thing. I got the spill guard rim accessory thingy with it and a couple different attachments, some thing that looks like a small shovel and some other mixing type thing. (I'm good in the kitchen, can't you tell ;) ). I guess what I'm saying is that thing does make a good present if you wife likes to cook or bake.

SunDeck
12-19-2006, 05:19 PM
I'll vouch for the Kitchen Aid mixer. I'd stick with the cheaper one (I think there are three). That's what we have and it's fine for dough and baking. Just make sure you have counter space for it because it's kind of heavy to store and lift out of a cabinet whenever you need it.

GAC
12-19-2006, 08:14 PM
It worked for Homer and Marge, I can't see why it wouldn't work for GAC and his wife. ;)

I ended up with the router (see above) ;)

I asked her tonight what she would like... maybe something to decorate the house.

She said she wants to go out next week after Christmas when stuff is marked down, and then I can take her shopping. That way she can pick it out. ;)

The KA is a good idea, but remember, we just moved into a new house where EVERYTHING (including the house) is brand new. She already has all that stuff.

Spring~Fields
12-19-2006, 08:22 PM
Yes, KitchenAid and other top shelf products for home use, women really do appreciate the quality products. Otherwise go exotic and buy season tickets to the Reds, Browns etc. in case you need an escape plan.

12-20-2006, 01:35 AM

I bought the KA tonight. Those suckers are pricey. Sure morw than the Sunbeams! But it sounds as though it is worth the money.

And some pop country CDs. Yuck. Maybe I'll slip a Gourds CD (non-pop country) in the Diercks Bentley case and see what she says.

Jpup
12-20-2006, 05:21 AM
I bought my fiance a tanning bed for Christmas. It's getting delivered tomorrow so I had to tell her tonight that I bought it. She's happy. I asked for porn, but think I'm getting video games and such. :cool:

She would be insulted if I bought her something to cook with, instead I bought something to cook her.

bucksfan
12-20-2006, 09:16 AM
I can vouch for the KA mixer, both for the quality and the weight. And of course ours does not fit under our non-standard (like everything else in our house!) cabinets.

I bought her the Kitchen AId knife set last year as I had some good discount coupon at Linens'n'things. The knife set was quite disappointing, although with it being the 1st knife set I have purchased I am not sure what I should have expected. The only one thatseemed to be very sharp at all was the "freebie" knife they threw in separately. And thother issue was my fault as I should have read the box more carefully before purchasing, but we cannot put these things in the dishwasher. But then again, you are probably not considering knives, now are you GAC?

15fan
12-20-2006, 09:26 AM
I asked for porn, but think I'm getting video games and such. :cool:

:clap:

For my birthday, I told my wife that I wanted concubines.

I got a dress shirt & two ties.

Red Leader
12-20-2006, 10:02 AM
As for a knife set, I bought a set of (don't laugh) the Wolfgang Puck knives off of HSN (HSN.com) one of the shopping channels. Best knife set I've ever owned. Had it for over a year and it hasn't even hinted at going dull and I use them (all) at least three times a week.

http://www.hsn.com/cnt/prod/default.aspx?webp_id=2209590&web_id=2209590&sf=qc&dept=qc0051&attr=181&prev=hp!sf!181!dept

BuckWoody
12-20-2006, 10:10 AM
You can't go wrong with the KitchenAid line of mixers. We have one and it's a horse, never had any problems. And, I might add, they're made by the fine folks of Greenville, Ohio (hometown plug). :thumbup:

Also GAC, if your wife is at all interested in a personal fitness trainer (as was mentioned sometime earlier in the thread), send me a PM. One of our very good friends is a personal trainer and she'll come to your home to do it as well. She's not a guy either...which is a big plus in this situation. ;)

DeadRedinCT
12-20-2006, 12:35 PM
Why don't you get her something like this (http://lifeandhealth.guardian.co.uk/consumer/story/0,,1965050,00.html):

Roy Tucker
12-20-2006, 01:14 PM
Actually, after all my bloviations about diamonds, the one gift my wife has liked in recent years was a little tool kit that she keeps in the kitchen. Women-sized hammer, screw drivers with fittings of all sorts and sizes, a little saw, pliers, nails/screws, etc.

She gets mad because I sometimes use it instead of going to the basment to get my tools.

Sweetstop
12-20-2006, 01:54 PM
All this talk about KA appliances...geez! As a woman who spends quite a bit of time cooking, I can tell you I definitely don't want kitchen stuff for Christmas, birthday or anniversary gifts. I'll pick out and get anything I need in that regard myself. Nothing for the house please..... Items that I don't normally purchase much for myself are what I prefer (Luxurious, expensive body creams, oils, and lotions; lingerie, jewelry, concert tickets, trip to the theater, hardback books, etc.

RedsBaron
12-20-2006, 01:58 PM
..... Items that I don't normally purchase much for myself are what I prefer (Luxurious, expensive body creams, oils, and lotions; lingerie, jewelry, concert tickets, trip to the theater, hardback books, etc.

"Concert tickets." As you know, being the self-sacrificing devoted husband that I am, I purchased two front row seats so my wife and I could attend a concert in Columbus last Friday night. I even arranged for my wife and I to meet the entertainer prior to the show.
Having already been selected Time magazine's "Person of the Year,' doubtless further honors await me.;)

vaticanplum
12-20-2006, 02:04 PM
All this talk about KA appliances...geez! As a woman who spends quite a bit of time cooking, I can tell you I definitely don't want kitchen stuff for Christmas, birthday or anniversary gifts. I'll pick out and get anything I need in that regard myself. Nothing for the house please..... Items that I don't normally purchase much for myself are what I prefer (Luxurious, expensive body creams, oils, and lotions; lingerie, jewelry, concert tickets, trip to the theater, hardback books, etc.

If anybody bought me a mixer I'd hit him with it. But GAC's point was that his wife only likes practical things as gifts.

Sweetstop
12-20-2006, 02:17 PM
"Concert tickets." As you know, being the self-sacrificing devoted husband that I am, I purchased two front row seats so my wife and I could attend a concert in Columbus last Friday night. I even arranged for my wife and I to meet the entertainer prior to the show.
Having already been selected Time magazine's "Person of the Year,' doubtless further honors await me.;)

Your wife is one lucky lady.;)

Sweetstop
12-20-2006, 02:20 PM
If anybody bought me a mixer I'd hit him with it. But GAC's point was that his wife only likes practical things as gifts.

As a woman I have trouble believing that, but I don't know her. :)

bucksfan
12-20-2006, 03:54 PM
I must clarify that I didnot give the mixer to my wife (my mom did). I did get the knives but they were a kind of "throw-in" gift as I got a good deal on them. I would be typically reluctant to give her utensils like that as gifts also, but she does love to cook and the mixer was a nice thing for her as it helped her enjoy even more doing something she liked to do in the 1st place. Kinda like how I liked getting my hammer drill one year.

SunDeck
12-20-2006, 04:31 PM
Was it to Neil Diamond? I heard the ladies love Neil. Now that would be self sacrificing.
Forever in Blue Jeans.
Forever.

Spring~Fields
12-20-2006, 04:43 PM

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
What if it was Zito? :)

redsfanmia
12-20-2006, 04:50 PM
Actually, after all my bloviations about diamonds, the one gift my wife has liked in recent years was a little tool kit that she keeps in the kitchen. Women-sized hammer, screw drivers with fittings of all sorts and sizes, a little saw, pliers, nails/screws, etc.

She gets mad because I sometimes use it instead of going to the basment to get my tools.

My wife went nuts over that years ago and she gets mad at me too for using "her" tools.

vaticanplum
12-20-2006, 04:50 PM
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
What if it was Zito? :)

Split the difference. I'd ask him, politely, to throw it at the Cardinals 19 times a year.

TeamMorris
12-20-2006, 05:33 PM

Can't help it but I would be thrilled with one as a gift (about the only way I could get one)! I don't have a husband or house so that may be the difference. I also don't have that kind of cash to drop on myself at any time of the year. My wish list each year includes that kind of stuff. I have a micowave on mine this year:laugh: ! Mine is like 13 years old and getting to the point where my oven cooks faster than it does...including the preheat time! I even ask for pot holders and wooden spoons:p:. I LOVE to cook and bake!!

RedsBaron
12-20-2006, 05:49 PM
Was it to Neil Diamond? I heard the ladies love Neil. Now that would be self sacrificing.
Forever in Blue Jeans.
Forever.

No. My reply was a bit of an inside joke, of which Sweetstop was aware. My wife likes Martina McBride, but I am much the bigger Martina fan. Last Friday I took us to Martina's "Joy of Christmas" concert in Columbus. It was a great show. We had two front row tickets on the floor, exactly dead center with the stage, which was all of about 3 or feet away. Prior to the concert, we had a "Meet and Greet" with Martina. We had her autograph three items and had two photographs made with her. As I type this, Martina's blue eyes are looking right at me. If I was more computer literate, I would post the photograph at RedsZone.

SunDeck
12-20-2006, 05:52 PM
As I type this, Martina's blue eyes are looking right at me. If I was more computer literate, I would post the photograph at RedsZone.

Maybe that's a moment you are better keeping to yourself...;)