PDA

View Full Version : Reds Will Play in Dayton

Ron Madden
12-20-2006, 12:43 AM
The Reds will play an exhibition game vs the Marlins in Dayton on March 31. Per Marcs Blog.

Edd Roush
12-20-2006, 01:17 AM
The Reds will play an exhibition game vs the Marlins in Dayton on March 31. Per Marcs Blog.

I think it would be a wise business move for whoever is in charge of these affairs to ask the Nationals if they would be up for an exhibition against the Reds in Columbus on March 30. This way the Nats could showcase their big club to the people of Columbus, many of whom will never personally go to a Nationals game, while also providing additional Reds exposure in Columbus. I don't know if there are rules against these things, but I think that would be a good business decision to both parties.

BuckWoody
12-20-2006, 08:59 AM
From today's Dayton Daily News (front page even):

Reds to play at Fifth Third Field
By Kyle Nagel
Staff Writer

Wednesday, December 20, 2006

DAYTON — In three months, Dayton-area baseball fans won't just watch the future Cincinnati Reds at Fifth Third Field. They'll see the big club up close.

The Reds will play the Florida Marlins in an exhibition game at Dayton's downtown baseball stadium at 2 p.m. March 31, said Robert Murphy, president of the Dayton Dragons. Ticket options will be announced today.

The Dragons, who have been the Reds' Class A Midwest League affiliate since 2000 and have sold out every game in their history, have been working for several years to bring such a game to Dayton, Murphy said. Major-league teams often play an exhibition game while returning from spring training as a tune-up days before Opening Day. The Reds will open their regular season April 2 against the Chicago Cubs at Great American Ball Park.

"It's their final dress rehearsal," Murphy said.

Murphy added that he believed this will be the first time the Reds have played in Dayton.

The game continues a line of events outside of Dragons games at Fifth Third Field, recognized as one of the top baseball venues in the region.

"We're continuing to work hard to bring quality events to the area," Murphy said.
With the support that the Dragons get here in Dayton, I'd imagine a ticket to that will be pretty hard to come by.

Heath
12-20-2006, 09:07 AM
With the support that the Dragons get here in Dayton, I'd imagine a ticket to that will be pretty hard to come by.

I hope season ticket holders get first shot....(selfish thought) :D

Red Leader
12-20-2006, 09:16 AM

Ask and you shall receive:

11/03/2006 9:29 AM -
DAYTON, OH --- The Dayton Dragons are pleased to announce that the first game to be played at Fifth Third Field in 2007 will not feature the Dayton Dragons; but rather, Fifth Third Field will play host to its first-ever Major League Baseball game featuring the Cincinnati Reds and the Florida Marlins right here in downtown Dayton on Saturday, March 31, 2007 at 2:00 p.m.

“On behalf of Mandalay Sports Entertainment and the Dayton Dragons, we are absolutely thrilled to be able to bring this historic, first-ever Reds game to be played in the Dayton Region to Fifth Third Field,” commented Dragons president, Robert Murphy. “We are very pleased to have come to an agreement with both the Reds and Marlins to host them right here in downtown Dayton for the absolute best fans in all of sports ... this will be a tremendous happening for our community.”

Dragons season ticket holders, corporate partners, and suite holders will receive ordering information in their mail boxes this week, and will given the first opportunity to order tickets prior to the general public. If any tickets remain for the Reds-Marlins game after Dragons season ticket holder, corporate partners, and suite holders orders have been processed, the next priority for tickets will go to members of the Dragons Season Ticket Wait List.

To sign up for the Dragons Season Ticket Wait List, please call the Dragons offices at (937) 228-2287, sign up on the Dragons web site (daytondragons.com/tickets/waitlist), or email the Dragons at dragons@daytondragons.com.

All stadium seating will be priced at $26.00 with lawn tickets going for $12.00.

To accommodate ticket orders, during the holidays, the Dragons offices will be open Friday, December 22nd, 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. and from Tuesday, December 26th to Friday, December 29th from 9:00 a.m. to 1:00 p.m. For more information on Dayton Dragons please call (937) 228-BATS (2287), or find the Dragons on the Internet via their web site at daytondragons.com.

Heath
12-20-2006, 09:38 AM
Ticket Windows now open :D

Whoa! $26???? for an EXHIBITION game??

Yikes. That's 3 cheap seats and two drinks. Might as well go to REGULAR season game and sit in the Kitty Duran Seats.

BuckWoody
12-20-2006, 09:51 AM
Not selfish at all...that is 100% how it should be.

Oh...and, uh...just let me know if you don't want your allotted tickets (selfish thought). :D

Red in Atl
12-20-2006, 11:23 AM
I just called and they put me on the waiting list.

Season ticket holders get first dibs, and the have until Jan 12th to reserve their tickets. Then they go in order of who called to be put on the list. I am near the top, and Clint said I had a good chance at tickets.

So call now!!!

ps: I'm coming from Atlanta, so I want to see who will come farther than me.

KittyDuran
12-20-2006, 12:52 PM
I just called and they put me on the waiting list.

Season ticket holders get first dibs, and the have until Jan 12th to reserve their tickets. Then they go in order of who called to be put on the list. I am near the top, and Clint said I had a good chance at tickets.

So call now!!!

ps: I'm coming from Atlanta, so I want to see who will come farther than me.Well, it's a good thing I called... I thought I signed up in 2001 and have been waiting to receive info when my number was called. But I called just in case. They couldn't find my registration. I'm bummed! But I'm getting on line to sign up now.:(

Heath
12-20-2006, 04:28 PM
Well, it's a good thing I called... I thought I signed up in 2001 and have been waiting to receive info when my number was called. But I called just in case. They couldn't find my registration. I'm bummed! But I'm getting on line to sign up now.:(

Kitty- call them up again and tell them your dilemma - seriously - There was a rumor out there that they had two separate lists (internal error) for ticket waiting. I had a friend do that and they got two season tickets.

If you get mail from them, there is a number at the top. That's usually the waiting list.

It took me 4 years to get tickets. I signed up in 2000.

Good Luck Kitty.

Ron Madden
12-20-2006, 11:31 PM
Marc Lancaster says the Reds will play two games March 31.

Reds vs Marlins in Dayton, OH. and Reds vs Blue Jays in Dunedin, Fla.

Will this pose any problems ? :confused:

Chip R
12-21-2006, 12:12 AM
Marc Lancaster says the Reds will play two games March 31.

Reds vs Marlins in Dayton, OH. and Reds vs Blue Jays in Dunedin, Fla.

Will this pose any problems ? :confused:

Only if their plane isn't on time.

Ron Madden
12-21-2006, 12:25 AM
Only if their plane isn't on time.

Marc says they are both day games.

Chip R
12-21-2006, 12:42 AM
Marc says they are both day games.

One can be in the early morning and one in the late afternoon. ;)
My guess is, if they are having 2 games, it will be with split squads. The A team will be in Dayton and the B team in Dunedin. The B team will probably be bench and AAA guys while the A team will probably be starters and some minor leaguers.

12-21-2006, 01:57 AM
Maybe this is a situation that calls for Jim Coombs.

Red Leader
12-21-2006, 09:01 AM
The game in Dayton is at 2PM, IIRC. It's an afternoon game for sure. I would imagine that after completing the arrangements for this, the Reds will be playing their "starters" in the game at Dayton. For how long? Who knows, but at least you'll see them in that game and not just older AAA players.