PDA

View Full Version : Does DirectTV carry Fox Sports Net?

Phhhl
12-21-2006, 08:32 AM
I am considering making the switch from Time Warner. But, not if I can't get the Reds. Does anybody have the service in the Cincinnati area?

Heath
12-21-2006, 08:52 AM
I am considering making the switch from Time Warner. But, not if I can't get the Reds. Does anybody have the service in the Cincinnati area?

I have Dish Network in Dayton and I get Fox Sports Ohio. I am going to go to Directv this winter and I will still get Fox Sports Ohio.

macro
12-21-2006, 09:06 AM
Yep, channel 638 on Directv.

BuckWoody
12-21-2006, 09:21 AM
Yep, channel 638 on Directv.
x2. It comes as part of the basic package too...no extra charges to get it.:thumbup:

Cant Touch This
12-21-2006, 10:27 AM
x2. It comes as part of the basic package too...no extra charges to get it.:thumbup:

This is true only if you live in the Cincinnati area. I get Fox Sports Detroit as part of my base package, but I have to pay the $11 or $12 per month to subscribe to the Sports Package which includes all of the regional Fox Sports Net affiliates - including FSN Ohio and FSN Cincinnati.

The blackout policy can get frustrating, though. When a game is televised as part of the MLB Extra Innings package, the FSN station can get blacked out.

Yachtzee
12-21-2006, 03:33 PM
I think the blackout depends on what market area you are a part of. If you are within the Reds market area, you get the Reds on FSN Ohio, but you are blacked out in the MLB Extra Innings package. If you are not part of the Reds market area, you are blacked on on FSN Ohio/Cincinnati, even you you buy the Sports Package, but you can get the Reds through MLB Extra Innings. Santo lives in the Cincinnati area, so he likely gets FSN Ohio/Cincinnati as part of his basic package and gets the Reds games. I get the other FSN Ohio feed and get poker during the Reds games.

KYRedsFan
12-22-2006, 05:53 PM
I had the sports package at the start of last season here in Chicago. First week or so got every game, then they were all blacked out. It's just ridiculous to me that they have two levels of payment for premium content, the sports pack, and then EI. Just forcing you to get EI clearly, especially for those fans who really only want one team ala ME. Cancelled the sports pack after that.

Chip R
12-22-2006, 05:58 PM
I had the sports package at the start of last season here in Chicago. First week or so got every game, then they were all blacked out. It's just ridiculous to me that they have two levels of payment for premium content, the sports pack, and then EI. Just forcing you to get EI clearly, especially for those fans who really only want one team ala ME. Cancelled the sports pack after that.

That was cause they give you the MLB package for free the first week of the season, much like the NBA and NHL does.

Reds1
12-23-2006, 12:48 PM
This is true only if you live in the Cincinnati area. I get Fox Sports Detroit as part of my base package, but I have to pay the $11 or $12 per month to subscribe to the Sports Package which includes all of the regional Fox Sports Net affiliates - including FSN Ohio and FSN Cincinnati.

The blackout policy can get frustrating, though. When a game is televised as part of the MLB Extra Innings package, the FSN station can get blacked out.

I live in Newburgh, IN and I get FSO Free on the main package. Bad news is it took me 3 years of paying 5 extra bucks a month to figure it out until a buddy got it. Fact is you need to check and see which Fox Sports comes to your area. Pretty sweet for me as I get all Reds and Cardinals and no one with cable in my area gets both without the dish