PDA

View Full Version : The official 2006 Christmas thread!

TeamMorris
12-23-2006, 02:47 PM
We have had one of these over the years and they have always been fun to read! I started it a day or so early only because many have already had a Christmas because they are heading out of town or have a funny or nice story to share that happened already while getting ready for the Holiday.

Use this thread to post your pictures, stories and any special gifts that you received and would like to share with your fellow zoners!

Hope everyone Has a safe and Happy Holiday season and New Year!!

George Foster
12-23-2006, 03:09 PM
This was the picture in our Christmas Card. Gracie is almost 8, the first pick in the 2022 Amateur draft is 2, and my red hot smokin wife is 31. Thank-you sweet baby Jesus (Talladaga Nights reference).

George Foster
12-23-2006, 03:15 PM
Merry Christmas to all!!

TeamMorris
12-23-2006, 07:25 PM
Great looking family George!! Thank you for sharing and Merry Christmas to you also!!

I have a feeling you are going to have your hands full in about 5 years for one and 10 for the other! Good luck;) Very cute kids!!

TeamMorris
12-25-2006, 12:00 AM
11:55pm, Santa has come and not a creature is stirring (but me) and the stockings are hung.....

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Here is a picture or the little guy sprinkling the reindeer dust to make sure Santa won't miss our house;)

George Foster
12-25-2006, 01:05 AM
11:55pm, Santa has come and not a creature is stirring (but me) and the stockings are hung.....

Merry Christmas to all and to all a good night!

Here is a picture or the little guy sprinkling the reindeer dust to make sure Santa won't miss our house;)

Save some of that dust and Fed-ex it to Tampa to sprinkle on Griffey!:laugh:

GAC
12-25-2006, 05:48 AM
I guess Homeland Security isn't foolproof then? Letting some old geezer dressed in red, flying a UFO carrying unopened packages into our airspace?

TeamCasey
12-25-2006, 06:22 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! The Teamsters are still snuggled tight in their beds with visions of playoffs that dance in their heads. ;)

Just went down for last minutes touches and even got a shower in!

GAC
12-25-2006, 07:23 AM
They tore into them at 6:45, and were done at 6:58.

A new record!

I had my oldest boy completely fooled. He thought he wasn't going to get a Wii until sometime aftre Christmas. I led him along real good yesterday. It's what parenting is all about. :evil:

Samuel got a couple scientific gifts.

He got this hover craft that is remote controlled that is really wild. TG would have loved it.

RedsBaron
12-25-2006, 07:42 AM
Our sons got us up at 5 a.m. Our 9 year old had been awake since 4 a.m. but his 15 year old brother made him wait until 5 a.m. to wake everyone else.
Merry Christmas!!!

RFS62
12-25-2006, 08:13 AM
Merry Christmas, everyone.

Ltlabner
12-25-2006, 08:15 AM
Merry Christmas to the rest of the board!

Even if you don't get into the Christmas thing, I hope everybody is safe, and is able to spend time with their family and loved ones.

NJReds
12-25-2006, 08:39 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! :beerme:

Ron Madden
12-25-2006, 11:33 AM
Merry Christmas everyone! :party:

RANDY IN INDY
12-25-2006, 12:30 PM
Merry Christmas, Redszone!

RedFanAlways1966
12-25-2006, 01:02 PM
Merry Christmas to all! :)

Reds Nd2
12-25-2006, 01:09 PM
Merry Christmas everyone!:beerme:

GAC
12-25-2006, 02:36 PM
I need a nap.

KittyDuran
12-25-2006, 04:52 PM
A couple pics from our Xmas brunch...
Pic #1 - my "Cobain/Arroyo lookin" nephew, Tracey
Pic #2 - my mom and grandson (my nephew) Dallas
Pic #3 - my dad
Pic #4 - my mom, dad and Tracey
Pic #5 - my niece's boyfriend, Justin (who I think looks like Kearns) and their daughter (my grand niece) Abby

KittyDuran
12-25-2006, 05:28 PM
And these are my presents:
Pic #1 - Duran Duran in London DVD and ice scrapper
Pic #2 - Happy Feet!
Pic #3 - $1,000 from Mom & Dad

RANDY IN INDY
12-25-2006, 06:02 PM
Great pics of your family, Kitty. (No pics of you?) That fellow does look like Kearns.

Reds Nd2
12-25-2006, 06:11 PM
Watch for Ozzie at the end.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sliXgquMcmo

George Foster
12-25-2006, 10:04 PM
Hey Kitty your father looks like Vern Rapp!:laugh: say it ain't so!

Jpup
12-25-2006, 10:38 PM
I still have one more to go next Saturday, but I have had a great weekend. I got some good gifts, but more importantly got to spend a little time with my family. I am going to visit my best friend and his son in Kosairs tomorrow, he has cancer, but is doing well right now. I can't wait to give him his gifts. He's a great kid.

I got some good things including a wireless keyboard, a bunch of DVDs, some 360 games, a Keith Bulluck jersey, and some cash. The older I get, the less I care about presents though. I really just enjoy spending time with my family and watching them open their gifts. The joy on their face is great. :D My nephew, who is about 4, I think that's right, got tired of opening presents. He opened so many over the last 3 days that when he got to his from my mother, he just had enough. My brother had to open it for him.

Caseyfan21
12-26-2006, 12:44 AM
I'm pretty excited about Christmas so far and I still haven't seen quite a few of my family on one side (later in the week). Especially being away at college (and working internships summers) now Christmas is one of the few times of year I get to see all of the relatives.

I think my best present was definately a game used Adam Dunn bat my girlfriend got at Redsfest. I couldn't make it to Redsfest this year (we have gone together in past years) but she went with her mom and pulled off a gift that totally shocked me. I also got a Lauranitis (#33) jersey from my parents, an Oden (#20) jersey from my grandparents, and several car and household items since I will be buying my first car in the next several months. Overall, a great Christmas, and even though Dunn might not be here next year I'm still completely excited about the bat.

GAC
12-26-2006, 03:03 AM
We venture out today, the day after Christmas, to allow the kids to spend the money they got from relatives ($150/ea). And we only have to return one gift. That is pretty good! We'll stop and eat out before hitting a Toys R Us.

That's if we can get our son to stop playing that Wii.

GAC
12-26-2006, 03:10 AM
Nice pics of the family Kitty.

Now where are my Redsfest pic? :evil:

KittyDuran
12-26-2006, 09:10 AM
Hey Kitty your father looks like Vern Rapp!:laugh: say it ain't so!It ain't so (unfortunately) - my dad has 6 years on ole' Vern. :)

KittyDuran
12-26-2006, 09:12 AM
Great pics of your family, Kitty. (No pics of you?) That fellow does look like Kearns.Unfortunately, no pics of me... had my nephew, Dallas take a few pics of me and my sisters in front of the tree - but the first one I was talking and had my eyes closed. Then I told him to take another - but it didn't take. Oh well!:(

TeamMorris
12-26-2006, 02:06 PM
We had a very nice Christmas! I didn't take half the pictures I had hoped to. You just forget with all that is going on around you.

I think TG was very pleased with his gifts from Santa and the rest of the house. The remote control crane Santa brought was a huge hit (I was pleased).

I got a bunch of stuff I really needed more than really wanted. As you get older I find that is the type of stuff you ask for...lol! TC did a great job of buiding up my DVD collection:) TB got me the opening day book at Great American Ball Park. Started reading that before I went to bed last night. Good book with great pictures!

I could go on but TG wants me to load a game or two he got for Christmas. Glad to hear everyone had a nice Christmas!!

RANDY IN INDY
12-26-2006, 02:31 PM
Great pics, TeamMorris. How old is the boy, now? Fine looking young man!

vaticanplum
12-26-2006, 03:10 PM
That kid is adorable (well, they all are).

TeamMorris
12-26-2006, 10:02 PM
Thank you:)

He turned 6 in September.

RANDY IN INDY
12-27-2006, 02:41 PM
Enjoy him, TM. They are a joy and a gift!

Chip R
12-27-2006, 11:52 PM
My Christmas break is winding down. We've had a really good Christmas this year. My nephews and my older niece got me a cap that they put in a Victoria's Secret bag. :lol: This was my younger niece's second Christmas and she raked in the toys. She loves anything musical so I picked up a guitar which plays stuff when you push on the "strings". I also got her this toy bear you make out of rings and when you put its hear on it laughs, spins around and plays music. My oldest niece who is 8 wants nothing more in this life than to be a dirt biker. So she got dirt biker pants and top and has been wearing them around for the last couple of days.

RANDY IN INDY
12-28-2006, 10:20 AM
Great Lookin' kids, Chip. Sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas.

Super_Barry11
12-30-2006, 02:34 PM
My boyfriend got me three Christmas gifts... The first was snowboarding equipment and a trip to Tahoe... The second included two gigantic stuffed penguins (because I thought the movie Happy Feet was so adorable).

You'll just have to see for yourself what the third present was... :D :thumbup: :jump:

TeamMorris
12-30-2006, 03:08 PM
Very cool SB!! I take it you are feeling better.