PDA

View Full Version : You guys gotta check out the Pete Rose video on MLB.com

Wheelhouse
12-23-2006, 08:16 PM
It's on the Reds site, right hand column, second video down. Terrific.

Also, I think we ought to substitute the word "winning" for "scrappy" on the board. It's more descriptive. Some World Series winners have high OPS teams. Every World Series winner is "scrappy" as has been derisively used on the board. I think the word substitution would bump up the accuracy of statements, as well as reduce some acrimony.

Blimpie
12-23-2006, 08:31 PM
I could have thrown together some better highlights of Pete than those...Other than the Fosse play, they were pretty dull.

remdog
12-23-2006, 11:02 PM
Also, I think we ought to substitute the word "winning" for "scrappy" on the board. It's more descriptive. Some World Series winners have high OPS teams. Every World Series winner is "scrappy" as has been derisively used on the board. I think the word substitution would bump up the accuracy of statements, as well as reduce some acrimony.

Geez Wheelhouse, we can't do that here at Redszone. I mean, what would become of all those people that have nothing else to hang their hat on except to exhibit their comtempt of the term in order to show how cool they are. (Hey pal, [nudge, nudge] look how funny I am making the boards' oldest and most non-funny joke. Boy am I creative.)

Rem

mbgrayson
12-24-2006, 09:28 AM
Nice video. It obviously seems significant that this video is on the Reds "MLB.COM" site. I do think that this Pete Rose exhibit in the Reds HOF signals yet another round of 'lets put Pete in the HOF' discussion.