PDA

View Full Version : If I were the GM instead of WK

Bigredfan#1
12-26-2006, 01:07 PM
First off I would still have Kearns and Lopez on my team. I would not have signed Gonzalez. I like the Stanton and Weathers signing for the depth they offer. Now I would get busy and start building the team from there.

First I would've traded Lopez to SD to play 2B, would have asked for Linebrick in return. Settles the closer question.

Now I would trade Milton (you might say he has little value but he is a lefty and was pretty succesfful in the AL and would be pretty successful in pin stripes, a park that is kind to LHs), Wagner,Kearns, LaRue and a couple of prospects to NYY (Might take a little more but I think we would be in the ball park) for ......hold your breath. for........

AROD. We take on his whole salary ( that would help in obtaining him). Know this he can opt out of his contract after 07, the Yanks gamble that he will and we gamble that he won't . You cover his salary with what you would have spent on Milton, Gonzalez, LaRue and Kearns.

Now I sign J Gullien!! Move him to RF and move Griffey to LF ( this would take wear and tear off of him) move Freel to CF and Dunn to 1B.

Now I pick up a middle of the road SP, probably Armas who has not reached his potential because of injuries and maybe give an invite to J Williams. Would not mind Molleor (spelling).

Then we hope that Bailey is ready by early June and I think he will be!!

I would not have signed a third catcher . Now we would be ready to start the season.

Here you go

Free CF
Dunn 1B
Griffery LF
AROD ss
Gullien RF
Encarnacion 3B
Ross C
Philips 2b

Harang SP
Arroyo SP
Bailey SP by June
Lohse SP
Armas SP

Linebrick Closer

REDS are a contender without a doubt

pedro
12-26-2006, 01:15 PM
Gee, with trading skills like that maybe you should be GM. I mean wow, why didn't anyone else think of trading a bunch of crap & one average player whose never been able to stay healthy for Arod. Brilliant!

I really don't think that Lopez would net Linebrink either.

OTOH, you have Dunn in the #2 hole and you didn't sign Chad Moeller so you have that going for you as GM but I can't say I'm a big fan of Tony Armas Jr or the idea that Homer bailey is going to be the #3 this year.

fearofpopvol1
12-26-2006, 01:25 PM
When will these absurd and unrealistic trade posts end?

Bigredfan#1
12-26-2006, 01:28 PM
Not as absurd than giving Lopez and Kearns for 2 MRPS. Besides the fact that the Yankees are trying to load up on prospects!

Team Clark
12-26-2006, 02:21 PM
Gee, with trading skills like that maybe you should be GM. I mean wow, why didn't anyone else think of trading a bunch of crap & one average player whose never been able to stay healthy for Arod. Brilliant!

I really don't think that Lopez would net Linebrink either.

OTOH, you have Dunn in the #2 hole and you didn't sign Chad Moeller so you have that going for you as GM but I can't say I'm a big fan of Tony Armas Jr or the idea that Homer bailey is going to be the #3 this year.

:laugh: :laugh: Ohhh dear....:rolleyes:

RANDY IN INDY
12-26-2006, 02:27 PM
Those moves sound like Krusty on crack...........:laugh:

Heath
12-26-2006, 02:30 PM
When will these absurd and unrealistic trade posts end?

About the time that Bob Castellini hoists the World Series Trophy over his head before a packed house at Fountain Square.

Someone around here would still complain how he hoisted it. (Bob shoulda used both arms and extended his elbows up, instead of cradling the trophy in his right arm. What a dumb owner we have.)

:rolleyes:

:deadhorse: <---these topics

camisadelgolf
12-26-2006, 02:32 PM
Kearns is pretty valuable, so I would've traded just Milton, Wagner, LaRue, Moran, and Szymanski for AROD. Actually, I also would've included Rheal Cormier, Ken Griffey, and Adam Dunn for Chien-Ming Wang, Randy Johnson, Mariano Rivera, Johnny Damon, and Mike Mussina because we need the pitching depth. I'd throw in a player to be named later if they included Farnsworth. Oh, well. Maybe the next GM will be doing our cool ideas next year, Bigredfan#1.

RANDY IN INDY
12-26-2006, 02:56 PM
:laugh: That was meant to be funny, wasn't it?

camisadelgolf
12-27-2006, 12:37 PM
If you're asking me if I were joking, the answer is a huge, resounding "YES".

RANDY IN INDY
12-27-2006, 12:40 PM
My faith is restored.:beerme:

Sean_CaseyRules
12-28-2006, 03:11 AM
If you were GM and made that trade, we would still find something to complain about...

REDblooded
12-28-2006, 10:16 AM
My first move would be to issue drug tests to the armchair GMs on RedsLive.

BigRedFan #1 would you mind going first?

Team Clark
12-28-2006, 10:34 AM
I'm guessing they would be for Hallucinogens? :laugh: Which can be quite Handy when discussing trades. ;)

REDblooded
12-28-2006, 10:37 AM
that's my fear. Hallucinogens can be quite tough to test for. I'm hoping it's just weed, crack, or meth that has led to some of these "offers". If not, I'm gonna have to try to figure out whether it IS in fact the undetectable hallucinogens, or if it's the also untraceable natural drug of insanity. My work is cut out either way.

flyer85
12-28-2006, 01:00 PM
would not have
- signed Stanton or Weathers
- traded for Conine
- signed Moeller
- traded Larue

would have
- dumped Cormier

attempt to acquire
- S. Hairston
- J. Davis
- M. Wuertz

would try to trade Arroyo ... Arizona would be a good fit. I'd take Young, Nippert and Daigle(why not, the wife is a bonus). Or Quentin, Nippert and Edgar Gonzalez.

GridironGrace
12-28-2006, 01:28 PM
yea this is just silly

moving arod back to SS after the season he had at 3B last year??

i quit readin right there

sry

buckeyenut
12-28-2006, 05:22 PM
yea this is just silly

moving arod back to SS after the season he had at 3B last year??

i quit readin right there

sry

I completely disagree with this. ARod is a SS, a step below gold glove natural SS. If I had him, I move him there immediately and let him get comfortable again. He'll be back to above average very quickly.

Moving ARod to 3B was one of the things that IMO really damaged his time in New York and probably set him down the path he ended up on. A guy who is on path to go down in history as potentially the best all around player in the game, ever, and the freaking yankees think they are good enough they can move him around and mess with him. Just plain stupid. I hate NYY even more than I did before for what they have done to ruin ARod.

Bigredfan#1
12-31-2006, 12:43 AM
First, Arod is a SS, Torre called him a SS after a year at 3B. He had several spectacular years at SS. 3B has got into his head, he needs to be moved back to his natual position SS!!!

Several rumors have floated around with the Yankees getting far less than what I mentioned. The Reds have some good prospects which everyone seemed to totally over look. Kearns was on his way to having 30 HR and 95 BI and 15-20 SB before the Reds traded him to the worst hitters park in baseball. Milton might have been a stretch but he is a lefty who was successful in the AL and leftys do well in Yankee Stadium.

reds44
12-31-2006, 01:17 AM
I'd trade Milton for Pujols.

guttle11
12-31-2006, 01:52 AM
I'd trade Milton for Pujols.

And Duncan.

And I'd trade Freel and Griffey for Hughes, Cabrera, and ARod.

reds44
12-31-2006, 03:23 AM
And Duncan.

And I'd trade Freel and Griffey for Hughes, Cabrera, and ARod.
Only if the Yankees throw in Cano.

Jpup
12-31-2006, 05:57 AM
How about Jeter for Freel?