PDA

View Full Version : HOF Ballots Due Dec. 31--Who Gets In?

Rex Argos
12-26-2006, 04:46 PM
http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/sportsnation/ballot?event_id=2593

Checklist at ESPN.com. Voted for Dawson, Gwynn, Morris, and Ripken. Who ya got?

Red Leader
12-26-2006, 04:49 PM
Ripken, Gwynn, Dawson, Blyleven, Morris.

marcshoe
12-26-2006, 04:53 PM
Gossage, Gwynn, Ripkin & Bichette.

Except for Bichette.

I could've voted for a couple more, but I'm in a bad mood.

RedsManRick
12-26-2006, 05:05 PM
Voted Blyleven, Dawson, Gossage, Gwynn, McGwire, Ripken, Smith, and Trammell.

I almost wanted to vote for Albert Belle. If his hip hadn't fallen apart, we'd be talking about him as one of the greatest hitters of this generation. Of course, I have to wonder if steroids played a role both in his success and his decline, but that's another can of worms. That Puckett got in easily and Belle won't even sniff staying on the ballot bugs me. Character should count, but not for that much.

I think Trammell is going to be the most overlooked candidate. By almost any measurement, he's one of the top 10-15 best shortstops of all-time.

Degenerate39
12-26-2006, 06:52 PM
Ripkin and Gwynn

Col_ IN Reds fan
12-26-2006, 06:56 PM
Ripken and Gwynn , unless the voters want to continue to dilute it.

BigREDSfaninKY
12-26-2006, 09:56 PM
I voted Ripken, Concepcion, Gwynn, Gossage and Blyleven.

Yachtzee
12-26-2006, 11:28 PM
Blyleven. How is he not it yet? Bruce Freakin Sutter got in last year. He is #5 all-time in strikeouts and had one of the sweetest curve balls in the game! People look poorly on him because of his win-loss record, a team-dependent stat. It's like not voting for the #5 all-time home run hitter because he didn't get enough RBI. In my opinion, the others can wait until he gets in.

marcshoe
12-27-2006, 01:03 AM
I usually put Rik Aalbert on my list, but skipped him this time because I've been thinking less of the cumulative stat guys ever since Palmeiro joined the 500-HR club. Even before the steroid stuff, I couldn't think of him as a hall of famer.

Admittedly, Blyleven's more deserving. I should have put him in, but I'm having a bad day.

BEETTLEBUG
12-27-2006, 01:58 AM
Ripken Gwynn E. Davis Concepcion Parker

savafan
12-27-2006, 05:16 AM
I didn't vote for either, but it slays me that Scott Brosius and Eric Davis are tied with 3.8% of the vote.

Ravenlord
12-27-2006, 05:22 AM
I didn't vote for either, but it slays me that Scott Brosius and Eric Davis are tied with 3.8% of the vote.

there's something horribly wrong with that. Davis was far, far superior to Borsious...he'd be a first balloter if he had a bit of body fat....

MrCinatit
12-27-2006, 08:37 AM
I probably voted for way too many people, but I figure the final results eventually calculate mine out. There are just too many I have a soft spot for.
Gwynn, Ripken, The Goose, Smith, Blyleven, T.J., and Concepcion.

RichRed
12-27-2006, 10:37 AM
Blyleven. How is he not it yet? Bruce Freakin Sutter got in last year. He is #5 all-time in strikeouts and had one of the sweetest curve balls in the game! People look poorly on him because of his win-loss record, a team-dependent stat. It's like not voting for the #5 all-time home run hitter because he didn't get enough RBI. In my opinion, the others can wait until he gets in.

Exactly how I feel. Not only does he have the numbers (except the dreaded W/L record playing on some horrible teams) but the best hitters of his day spoke in awe of the man's curveball.

George Anderson
12-27-2006, 11:00 AM
Exactly how I feel. Not only does he have the numbers (except the dreaded W/L record playing on some horrible teams) but the best hitters of his day spoke in awe of the man's curveball.

I'm pretty stingy as to who I believe belongs in but I think Blyleven definitely belongs in. He never was a dominant pitcher but his over all career numbers put him up there with the best. I think that had he played in a large market instead of small markets like Minnesota, Cleveland and Pittsburgh he would have been in a long time ago. Just look at Don Sutton, had Sutton not played in LA all those years I doubt if he would be in now.

Any way my picks were Ripken, Gwynn, Blyleven.

Cyclone792
12-27-2006, 01:55 PM
Bert Blyleven
Davey Concepcion
Goose Gossage
Tony Gwynn
Tommy John
Mark McGwire
Dale Murphy
Cal Ripken, Jr.
Lee Smith
Alan Trammell

I went with a liberal ballot and decided to fill out 10 guys. All 10 have a solid argument, IMO, though some much better than others.

Who will get in this season: Only Gwynn and Ripken.

Mario-Rijo
12-27-2006, 02:12 PM
I voted for. Based On the fact I believe they should be there:

Ripken
Gwynn
Blyleven
Dawson

I voted for. To keep them out of the bottom spot:

Concepcion
Eric "The Red"

Although I think Concepcion has a solid argument I don't believe he will ever be in. Eric just doesn't have the #'s, but he is one of my favorites so I voted for him.