PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about when....

Team Clark
12-28-2006, 12:29 PM
standing in the shower?

May be an odd question but it's funny how I go into a "zone" and really think about the same stuff almost every day. :)

I think about coaching or planning my day. 98% of the time it is coaching. Is that weird? :confused:

Just curious as to what everybody else does...

redsfan30
12-28-2006, 12:32 PM
In the morning I think about how badly I want to go back to bed and how mad I am that I had to get up.

At night I usually have the radio on while I take a shower so I just listen to the music or SportsTalk or whatever's on.

Spring~Fields
12-28-2006, 12:37 PM
I'll plead the 5th. :shocked:

RANDY IN INDY
12-28-2006, 01:29 PM
I think about coaching or planning my day. 98% of the time it is coaching. Is that weird?

If it is, I guess I'm falling in the same category. Amazing how I start analyzing my son's swing or pitching motion right before I step in the shower. Yeah, TC, I think it is weird.:help:

deltachi8
12-28-2006, 01:37 PM
I'll plead the 5th. :shocked:

yep

guttle11
12-28-2006, 01:42 PM
This time of year I just get lost in how awesome the hot water is.

westofyou
12-28-2006, 01:54 PM
What do you think about when....standing in the shower?

About what makes a man
An outlaw or a leader
I'm thinking about power...
The ways a man could use it
Or be destroyed by it
The water hits my neck
and I'm.....

Red in Chicago
12-28-2006, 02:07 PM
in the morning, i listen to howard stern, so i'm usually just laughing at something trying to wake up for the long day ahead...if it's after a run on the treadmill, it's usually just soaking in the warm water relaxing the muscles a bit...most of my "serious" thinking occurs on the throne:p:

Redsland
12-28-2006, 02:10 PM
"Now it's time to condition. Wait...did I shampoo yet? My hair is wet, but maybe that's because I was getting ready to shampoo. Should I shampoo again to be sure? Or did I already condition, and if so is that why my hair is wet? Hey...how come the bar of soap is dry?"

etc.

Red in Chicago
12-28-2006, 02:11 PM
"Now it's time to condition. Wait...did I shampoo yet? My hair is wet, but maybe that's because I was getting ready to shampoo. Should I shampoo again to be sure? Or did I already condition, and if so is that why my hair is wet? Hey...how come the bar of soap is dry?"

etc.

been there and done that:laugh:

WMR
12-28-2006, 02:18 PM
Honestly, I spend most of my shower time plotting my next moves on whatever chicks are currently on my radar.

RedFanAlways1966
12-28-2006, 02:27 PM
The life of a diabetic who usually showers right after waking up...

"Am I just tired or is my sugar low? I think I am tired. Well you know it wouldn't hurt to eat a few glucose tablets after drying off... better safe than sorry. No, no... I think I am tired. I had better wait to take that first shot of insulin until I get work though. No sense in taking a risk since I have to drive to work. Man, sometimes I hate going through this. Oh well, there are people worse off than myself. Okay... I am fine and I am just playing mind games with myself again. Man, that shower felt good!"

Team Clark
12-28-2006, 02:44 PM
been there and done that:laugh:

Isn't it fun when you realize that you have washed your hair twice?

15fan
12-28-2006, 03:15 PM
What the heck is all of this crap that my wife has in the shower?

A bar of soap, and a bottle of shampoo is fine. I guess a razor makes sense, too.

But what in the world are the eight other bottles of stuff that each cost about $40 or $50 doing in the shower?

VR
12-28-2006, 03:26 PM
What the heck is all of this crap that my wife has in the shower?

A bar of soap, and a bottle of shampoo is fine. I guess a razor makes sense, too.

But what in the world are the eight other bottles of stuff that each cost about $40 or $50 doing in the shower?

my wife would like to add 3 luffahs to the inventory

TeamCasey
12-28-2006, 04:34 PM
I start obsessing and planning my work day.

KronoRed
12-28-2006, 04:43 PM
I have a plan each time I get a shower, stay on the plan and you never have to wash your hair twice.

To be safe, I have a checklist in the shower :D

Team Clark
12-28-2006, 04:59 PM
I start obsessing and planning my work day.

See you there...;)

Matt700wlw
12-28-2006, 05:06 PM
Shrinkage....

:eek:

RANDY IN INDY
12-28-2006, 05:24 PM
Shrinkage....

:eek::laugh:

vaticanplum
12-28-2006, 05:43 PM
I shower before I have coffee, which means I am technically still asleep. Thus I do not think about anything. The shower is to help wake me up.

Falls City Beer
12-28-2006, 05:46 PM
I shower before I have coffee, which means I am technically still asleep. Thus I do not think about anything. The shower is to help wake me up.

Yep. I'm like a Hoffmann automaton before coffee. Frequently I'll apply shampoo before wetting my hair.

Matt700wlw
12-28-2006, 05:50 PM
I've been so tired, I've gotten in the shower still wearing under garments.....

That was a good way to start the day...

That was years and years ago, though :lol:

Johnny Footstool
12-28-2006, 05:55 PM
I think about the lyrics to whatever Bon Jovi song I'm trying to sing. Then I think about the notes I just missed and how screechy my tone was, and I sing the line again and try to make it sound better.

Then I rinse.

Spring~Fields
12-28-2006, 05:55 PM
"Now it's time to condition. Wait...did I shampoo yet?

That is a part of the ritual here also. Let's see which one of those two bottles is the shampoo, and which is the conditioner, same color, same mfg. , very blurry without glasses in the shower, hope this is the right one, and I have done the conditioner first.

Roy Tucker
12-28-2006, 06:44 PM
I start thinking about projects at work. I actually do some of my best thinking in the shower. I think that the day's clutter hasn't gotten into my head and my thinking is very clear. Sometimes I acheive some real break-throughs.

The biggest problem I have is remembering what genuis thoughts I had. Sometimes they are gossamer and float back out in the ether, never to be seen again.

creek14
12-28-2006, 09:35 PM
Well now I'm going to be thinking about all of you.

Naked.

Chip R
12-28-2006, 10:25 PM
Well now I'm going to be thinking about all of you.

Naked.

You mean you don't already? :devil:

RedsManRick
12-28-2006, 10:34 PM
Ah... hot water... feels so nice... ahhhh................... oh crap, I should shampoo already... ahh... more hot water.........ah dang, I'm probably running late.... ahhh... more hot water............

TeamBoone
12-28-2006, 10:53 PM
I usually think about how wonderful it would be if I was young again and Adam Dunn was there in the shower with me. (seriously!) Daydreaming is very nice indeed.

And then I think about what I'm going to wear when I get out.

All while listening to music of course!

wolfboy
12-28-2006, 11:56 PM
I usually wonder why my shower makes this terrible whistling sound. I think about the time that I'll set aside to fix it, so I can think happy thoughts while showering. After a minute or two, I think about hitting the shower head....hard. But it's early, and if I use up all of my motivation maiming the shower head, I'll be fairly useless at work. I can't let my co-workers down like that.

Sean_CaseyRules
12-29-2006, 02:39 AM
I am usually listening to music, so its me playing the guitar infront of a crowd, but if no music, its either me playing football or baseball...

Cooper
12-29-2006, 07:54 AM
I often wonder about those people that claim they would love to live in olden times. Do they realize how difficult it would be just to get going in the morning? Cold showers (if u r lucky!), rot gut coffee (if u r rich and can afford it), and then riding a horse to work. I wouldn't last a day in the 19th century......and neither would they.

I went to work the other day -got in the car and realized i forgot to shave the last 25% of my face. I was tempted to just leave it that way until i realized i had also left hair conditioner in my hair.....so i went back in and started all over. Hoping to get it right this time.

GAC
12-29-2006, 09:46 AM
At my age I'm just glad there is a drain handy. ;)

Ltlabner
12-29-2006, 10:05 AM
Usually plan out/go over the day's activities or think about what needs to be acomplished that day at the office. I'm a morning person so getting going usually isn't that hard.

I've found that if I shower later in the day (on a holliday, after working in the yard) then I get totally discombulated and forget if I've already shampooed, lose track of time, etc.

What is this "conditioner" people speak of ?

Dom Heffner
12-29-2006, 11:53 AM
I normally think about what Natalie Morales is wearing that morning.

You know, so I can tell give my girl some fashion tips, of course. Or something like that. :)

Handofdeath
12-29-2006, 11:55 AM
Well after I pick up the 16 shampoo and conditioner bottles my wife and teenage daughter have left on the tub that I have kicked over getting in the shower I think of what being single would be like. My bliss is interrupted by my 3 year old son pounding on the door screaming " Daddy I gotta pee!" I finish my shower quickly as the hot water mixes with my cold bitter tears.

CougarQuest
12-29-2006, 01:42 PM
Is it Saturday already??
;)

Hoosier Red
12-29-2006, 01:54 PM
Usually plan out/go over the day's activities or think about what needs to be acomplished that day at the office. I'm a morning person so getting going usually isn't that hard.

I've found that if I shower later in the day (on a holliday, after working in the yard) then I get totally discombulated and forget if I've already shampooed, lose track of time, etc.

What is this "conditioner" people speak of ?

There's nothing more gratifying than the Sunday evening shower. I'll take that after working out or working in the yard. And it gives me the recharge I always need.

Matt700wlw
12-29-2006, 02:03 PM
Today I was thinking I need to buy some Drain-O because I have slow drain.

Damn.

TeamMorris
12-29-2006, 02:39 PM
Mainly what I still need to do before sending TG off to school and what I need or would like to get done that day before he gets home. For a year now I also look at my shower head thinking how much I need one...and how much I would love another hand held one (forgot to put it on my Christmas list...damn).

RBA
12-29-2006, 03:10 PM
I think about whether the government is keeping the water safe for showering. Also, I wonder if the soaps, I'm using are environmentally safe. And I wonder if the drainage is properly treated before it is use back out in the world or disposed of. I also imagine sea life being distroyed by the byproducts of the shower. I imagine Charlie Tuna or Flipper being poison by the soap drainage and gagging in the sea. I also wonder if heating the water is really required as we should be saving energy. I wonder if I really need to take more than 3 minutes since I live in a desert. And I wonder if I should shower once a day or should I be like some other countries in the world and shower once a week.

Just kidding. ;)

Team Clark
12-29-2006, 05:47 PM
Just because of this thread I tried something different today. I did not think about Baseball (much) but rather how much my daughter has grown. How well she speaks, how kind she is and what a great X-Mas she had. I also thought about the "emergency" plans that will be enacted when getting my wife to Good Sam Hospital when my Son will be born in April.

Tomorrow I will resume Daydreaming. Serious stuff sucks.

GAC
12-29-2006, 06:36 PM
I normally think about what Natalie Morales is wearing that morning.

You know, so I can tell give my girl some fashion tips, of course. Or something like that. :)

So now we all know where you hang the soap on a rope. :mooner:

TeamBoone
12-29-2006, 10:00 PM
Just because of this thread I tried something different today. I did not think about Baseball (much) but rather how much my daughter has grown. How well she speaks, how kind she is and what a great X-Mas she had. I also thought about the "emergency" plans that will be enacted when getting my wife to Good Sam Hospital when my Son will be born in April.

Tomorrow I will resume Daydreaming. Serious stuff sucks.

That very deep, TC... and when were you going to tell us of this impending birth? Seriously, congrats. What are you going to name the little guy?

LTG was born at Good Sam's too.

Team Clark
12-29-2006, 10:36 PM
That very deep, TC... and when were you going to tell us of this impending birth? Seriously, congrats. What are you going to name the little guy?

LTG was born at Good Sam's too.

Little man will be named Alexander. He is destined to be a "Great" Power Hitter or Flame Throwing South Paw. He'll be eating his "num, nums" with his left hand for sure. Terribly excited. My daughter is excited. She wants to show him how to walk and feed him. We'll need her help.

TeamMorris
12-30-2006, 01:00 AM
I remember your little one at the RZ gathering at your bar. She was a cute little thing. Not so little anymore I am guessing.

Hollcat
12-30-2006, 03:10 AM
redsfan 30's avatar!

http://www.redszone.com/forums/member.php?u=1119

GAC
12-30-2006, 06:16 AM
the shower scene from Psycho! :eek:

Team Clark
12-30-2006, 12:43 PM
I remember your little one at the RZ gathering at your bar. She was a cute little thing. Not so little anymore I am guessing.

She's not little anymore. A bounding 5 1/2 year old full of life. She'll always be my little girl no matter what. I'll need serious therpay when she goes to College.

RedRoser
12-30-2006, 01:02 PM
Yes, you WILL need therapy when she goes off to college. Both my daughters just completed their first semester at a university which, thankfully, is only a 2 hours drive from home, but it still seems like they are "gone" most of the time. My wife and I miss them terribly but are very thankful that they are doing well, that they are such good gals, and that our lives are blessed by them.
Hold on to every minute with her, TC. It will seem like tomorrow that she'll be all grown up! Sounds like we have something in common---Baseball is the greatest game on earth, but nothing's even in the ballpark with one's children!

---RedRoser

Team Clark
12-30-2006, 08:15 PM
Yes, you WILL need therapy when she goes off to college. Both my daughters just completed their first semester at a university which, thankfully, is only a 2 hours drive from home, but it still seems like they are "gone" most of the time. My wife and I miss them terribly but are very thankful that they are doing well, that they are such good gals, and that our lives are blessed by them.
Hold on to every minute with her, TC. It will seem like tomorrow that she'll be all grown up! Sounds like we have something in common---Baseball is the greatest game on earth, but nothing's even in the ballpark with one's children!

---RedRoser

Thank you for the sentiments. I choose parenting over Baseball any day. Hearing my daughter call me "dad" beats anything anyone could accomplish on the field, IMO. My daughter is very loving and quite the cuddler. Oh how I love Saturday Mornings in the winter. She can hit me sqaure in the chest with a ball from 20 ft at age 5 1/2. How cool is that?

RANDY IN INDY
12-30-2006, 08:26 PM
Baseball is the greatest game on earth, but nothing's even in the ballpark with one's children!

I'll second that!:beerme: