PDA

View Full Version : Paul Wilson headed to Astros?

Mainspark
12-28-2006, 01:43 PM
Per Rotoworld:

The Astros are looking at bringing in free agents Paul Wilson and Pedro Astacio to compete for rotation spots.
Since they traded their fourth starter for someone they want to be a No. 2 in Jason Jennings, the Astros still have two open rotation spots. It'd be nice if they had one more sure thing before dipping into the Wilson-Astacio-Ortiz pool of free agents, but the Carlos Lee signing left them with little flexibility.

westofyou
12-28-2006, 01:46 PM
The Astros are looking at bringing in free agents Paul Wilson and Pedro Astacio to compete for rotation spots.

Somewhere in Houston

http://www.whippedcardgame.com/images/youre_not_trying.jpg

TOBTTReds
12-28-2006, 02:16 PM
That'd be great. But you know every time we face him, we would K 10 times and get shutout.

Hubba
12-28-2006, 02:36 PM
Stupid Reds could have had him. Wayne K is stupid.:cry:

Team Clark
12-28-2006, 04:02 PM
WOW!! Maybe they need someone to throw BP on the backfields during ST?

TOBTTReds
12-28-2006, 04:18 PM
Stupid Reds could have had him. Wayne K is stupid.:cry:

Is this a joke?:confused:

dougdirt
12-28-2006, 04:21 PM
I really hope its a joke Aves....

Team Clark
12-28-2006, 04:22 PM

If it's not you and I need to start tossing and get a tryout!!:laugh:

Falls City Beer
12-28-2006, 04:49 PM

Yeah, it's a little passive-aggressive jab at Redszoner who dislike what Wayne's done.

I'm sure he'll get a lot of traction with the pro-Wilson crowd on this site. :)

Hubba
12-28-2006, 05:38 PM
Yeah, it's a little passive-aggressive jab at Redszoner who dislike what Wayne's done.

Yes it was a joke and I didn't know that there was a pro Wilson crowd here.
Had WK signed Paul Wilson he would have been stupid, What does this make the Astros Brass?

Jpup
12-28-2006, 05:41 PM
Had WK signed Paul Wilson he would have been stupid, What does this make the Astros Brass?

Did you see that contract they gave Carlos Lee? I think that answers the question.

Always Red
12-28-2006, 05:44 PM

I don't think the Astro's are stupid for making him a non-roster invitee; throwing him aginst the wall in ST games and see if he sticks.

He won't; we know that. Wilson's arm is hamburger as of now. If anything, it's a bit reflective of the problem the Asstro's are going to have with pitching this year, and the other thing that comes to mind is this might be an attempt by his agent to get the Reds to invite Wilson themselves. :wilson:

Team Clark
12-28-2006, 05:57 PM

Ill informed!

GAC
12-29-2006, 04:06 AM

There's a pro-Wilson crowd on here? When did his mother join? :mooner:

cincyinco
12-29-2006, 04:35 AM
Stros are hurtin for pitching with the departure of Pettite, and trading 2 of their young arms for one Jason Jennings..

They signed Joel Piniero recently, I believe... and his stuff has suffered. They'll give shots to Nieve and Astacio, give Wilson a look... perhaps rush one of their youngsters. Or trade Ensberg for an arm.

Moosie52
12-29-2006, 07:50 AM
What is Houston thinking? Paul's a nice guy, but his pitching days are over.

Jpup
12-29-2006, 08:06 AM
What is Houston thinking? Paul's a nice guy, but his pitching days are over.

veteran presence, goes on the DL the right way.