PDA

View Full Version : Great Story from the Winter Meetings

FutureRedsGM
12-29-2006, 09:33 AM
I met a friend for a beer last night and was told one of the best stories ever!! This friend is about 6'8" and was a pitcher for Murray State. He now works for the Sarasota Reds and was at the winter meetings where this story takes place.

Friend: "I was really hung over one morning and the breakfast counter at the hotel was alerady closed so I went to a little buffet next door. I was standing in line and the guy in front of me turns around and says 'Hey big guy. Have you eaten here before?' I responded with no and he said 'I highly recommend the garlic mashed potatoes. By the way, are you here for the winter meetings?' I say yes and he proceeds to ask me if I'm a ball player. I say no, I never had the stuff that you did. He says 'Not many people did . . . '

So the small talk ends when he gets through the line. I immediately get some garlic mashed potatoes. They weren't that great, but when Nolan Ryan tells you to get the mashed potatoes, YOU GET THE MASHED POTATOES!!!!

Team Clark
12-29-2006, 09:54 AM
I wish someone would write a book called "Tales from the Winter Meetings". GREAT Stuff!

MartyFan
12-29-2006, 02:02 PM
TC...I think you just found your first book!

Team Clark
12-29-2006, 02:41 PM
TC...I think you just found your first book!

That will have to be my second book. I recently spoke with a writer from NY who wants to work on a Baseball book with me. Probably never happen, but you never know.