PDA

View Full Version : So you want to make a trade.....

Newman4
01-01-2007, 09:28 AM
I have a slightly different question: Do the Reds have any trading chips of value?

-Dunn: coming off a bad second half in 2006

- Arroyo and Harang: Need more like them, not less

- Bailey: Only grade A pitching prospect in distant memory

-Votto/Bruce: Can they really fetch anything at this point? Plus, they probably mean more the Reds farm system than they do to other teams

Who else could be traded for anything substantial?

Looks like the Reds don't have enough money to compete on the FA market and not enough talent to compete on the trade market. Not a pretty picture.

redsmetz
01-01-2007, 09:34 AM
I know this may feel like "throwing in the towel" to many around here, but I think this is why we're seeing a team cobbled together that can hopefully be competitive (and I acknowledge that's a big question mark - heck and some Mysterions thrown in for good measure), but if the Columbus Dispatch article correctly reflects WK's plans, we are a couple of years away from having one or two decent prospects available each year. The last time we had a number like that was when we had Dunn and Kearns available and even that proved to be shallow because after them, the cupboard was bare. Rebuilding the Redlegs is not instant coffee - I'll hope for good freshly ground brewed coffee in a couple of years, but no sooner.