PDA

View Full Version : Lap Top Trouble

Razor Shines
01-02-2007, 12:07 AM
My lap top is continuously restarting. As soon as it gets to the "windows" loading screen it shuts off and starts over, and it will do this endlessly. I have tried starting in safe mode, but it still restarts when it gets to the windows screen. I am guessing I have some sort of virus and I was wondering if I could burn something onto a cd from my desk top to fix it. I am unsure of what to put on it or if it would even work. I realize this isn't a computer tech website, but I know there are some fairly computer savvy people on here who could point me to a good web site if they can't help me. So if anyone can I would greatly appreciate it.

RBA
01-02-2007, 12:13 AM
sounds like an over-heating problem or bad memory problem.

Check your laptop for buildup of dust in the fan area.

For viruses/hijacks, try http://www.castlecops.com/forums.html

KronoRed
01-02-2007, 12:14 AM
A sudden restart even in safe mode sounds hardware related, not a virus :dunno:

RBA
01-02-2007, 01:09 AM
I guessing it's a Celeron?

Razor Shines
01-02-2007, 01:25 AM
I guessing it's a Celeron?

Yeah it is. It is 3 years old today, I guess it's time for a new one. I took the fan out, there was dust in there, I blew it and the vents out with some air duster and put it back in started it again and it still did the same thing.

RBA
01-02-2007, 10:30 AM
Take the memory out and reseat it. If you have two sticks, try it with one at a time.

Yachtzee
01-02-2007, 10:43 AM
My laptop had a similar problem. For me the fix was to clean out the fan, buy more memory and then restore Windows. It's been running fine since.