PDA

View Full Version : It doesn't hurt just to ask - A PS3 Story

edabbs44
01-02-2007, 11:10 AM
Walked into Circuit City yesterday to browse and my wife walked up to the front counter to ask if they had any PS3s in stock...wouldn't you know, they had 1 left from a shipment of 5 that morning.

Happy Birthday to Ed a little early. :D

PS: One of the workers there said there might be a 60GB recall coming up. Supposedly, they rushed them out and there's an issue with the Blu-Ray player.

GIK
01-02-2007, 11:23 AM
Yup, they're fairly easy to find around me. I was at Target yesterday and they had two 60gb's sitting there. I asked for a 20gb, but they didn't have any. THOSE are tough to find (Sony loses more $$ on them and, therefore, are building less).

Jpup
01-02-2007, 12:37 PM
PS: One of the workers there said there might be a 60GB recall coming up. Supposedly, they rushed them out and there's an issue with the Blu-Ray player.

Congrats on the PS3. Also, don't believe anything that a store employee tells you. The same blue ray player is in the 20 and 60. I believe he made that up. Let me guess you got a 20?

edabbs44
01-02-2007, 12:39 PM
Congrats on the PS3. Also, don't believe anything that a store employee tells you. The same blue ray player is in the 20 and 60. I believe he made that up. Let me guess you got a 20?

Good guess.

Jpup
01-02-2007, 01:05 PM
Good guess.

that's why he said it. :)

Razor Shines
01-02-2007, 01:49 PM
That's kind of how I got mine before Christmas. I was doing some work at a Best Buy store and I was in the back room. There was this girl doing shipment and I heard her say "oooh" and then get on the radio and call the manager and she said "Two Japenese Geese have landed." So I just asked the manager if I could buy one and he said "sure". So that's what my wife gave me for Christmas.

It's also a 20, but I haven't heard anything about the 60 being recalled.

FutureRedsGM
01-02-2007, 01:50 PM
I'm hoping to luck into something like that. Everytime my girlfriend and I walk into a Wal-mart / Meijer / Best Buy, I ask her if she'll buy me a PS3 if they have one. Of course she says YES, knowing that they won't have one. One of these days she's not going to be so lucky!!

WMR
01-02-2007, 02:17 PM
I was talking to a dude at Gamespot and he said they've had a BUNCH of returns. (Potential Ebay profiteers who were unable to find any willing victims)

I loved hearing that.

Caveat Emperor
01-02-2007, 03:29 PM
I was talking to a dude at Gamespot and he said they've had a BUNCH of returns. (Potential Ebay profiteers who were unable to find any willing victims)

I loved hearing that.

I've seen PS3s available at every store I've been to the past few days (Target, Meijer and Circuit City).

Perfect example of marketing gone crazy -- it was a "must have" item for the holidays, but now that the frenzy has gone, people are realizing it's simply not worth paying $700 for a video game console when there are no "must have" games out for it.

I'm sure I'll end up buying a PS3 eventually, but I'll wait until there's something I absolutely have to play that is a system exclusive before I feel the need to hang the PS2 up.

StillFunkyB
01-02-2007, 04:04 PM
I've seen PS3s available at every store I've been to the past few days (Target, Meijer and Circuit City).

Perfect example of marketing gone crazy -- it was a "must have" item for the holidays, but now that the frenzy has gone, people are realizing it's simply not worth paying $700 for a video game console when there are no "must have" games out for it.

I'm sure I'll end up buying a PS3 eventually, but I'll wait until there's something I absolutely have to play that is a system exclusive before I feel the need to hang the PS2 up.

The Sony baseball game is what I am waiting for. The one for PS2 last year was really fun. Alot better than the crap the developer that has the "exclusive" license put out.

FutureRedsGM
01-03-2007, 09:32 AM
I was looking through the list of games on Gamespot.com and nothing is really grabbing my attention. Can anyone recommend good games for the PS3? I usually play sports games and RPGs. I already have Madden and Tiger for Xbox 360.

WMR
01-03-2007, 12:56 PM
The only launch game for PS3 that received "good" ratings is Resistance: Fall of Man. The PS3 is really tough to program for b/c of its immense power and most developers/programmers clearly haven't got it completely--or even close to completely--nailed yet.