PDA

View Full Version : Weathermen/women can still be wrong

RBA
01-02-2007, 01:18 PM
Most everyone predicted light rain in El Paso today. Nobody predicted light snow. Not enough to stick, but we are enjoying it right now.

HotCorner
01-02-2007, 01:44 PM
El Paso now has more snow this winter than Cincinnati. :D

UKFlounder
01-02-2007, 01:56 PM
El Paso now has more snow this winter than Cincinnati. :D

I, for one, hope that remains the case.

vaticanplum
01-02-2007, 09:02 PM
I, for one, hope that remains the case.

Not me, I love the cold and the snow. I'm considering a move up north. Haven't even gotten to pull out half my winter coats this year. They're suffering.

TeamMorris
01-02-2007, 09:33 PM
We will get it...May not be until spring by the way the weather people are talking but we will get it;) Either way...it is just killing my son!

harangatang
01-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Well this is what was expected in an El Nino year, even though it is considered a weak El Nino. It'll get cold in Cincy but it looks like it's a least a couple weeks away.

"In North America, typically, winters are warmer than normal in the upper Midwest states, the Northeast, and Canada, while central and southern California, northwest Mexico and the southeastern U.S., are wetter and cooler than normal."

If you want to read more about the ENSO cycle:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_nino

dman
01-02-2007, 11:08 PM
We're gonna' get hit here in Ohio, and when we do we'll get hit right between the horns with winter weather. I just hope it's all snow and no ice or this "wintery mix" stuff they talk about.

remdog
01-03-2007, 07:14 AM
Well this is what was expected in an El Nino year, even though it is considered a weak El Nino. It'll get cold in Cincy but it looks like it's a least a couple weeks away.

"In North America, typically, winters are warmer than normal in the upper Midwest states, the Northeast, and Canada, while central and southern California, northwest Mexico and the southeastern U.S., are wetter and cooler than normal."

If you want to read more about the ENSO cycle:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/El_nino

72 and sunny in Newport Beach yesterday. :)

Rem

dman
01-03-2007, 05:02 PM
Don't get me wrong, the weather we're getting here in Ohio is great, but I'm a traditionalist. I love cold, snowy winters. I think back to some of my best times growing up and remember being a young entrepeneur (sp?) and shoveling snow and earning what I thought was a gold mine. After shoveling for a few hours, me and my buddies would go back to a gravel pit behind the old South High Street K-Mart store in Columbus and go sledding until it got dark. After getting back home, it would never fail that my mom would have a hot bowl of vegetable soup waiting for me and my dad had the fireplace stoked up and going. Those were the days.
On another note, as an avid outdoorsman, I've noticed that when the winters aren't as harsh as they should be, all of the spring/summertime pests (ticks, fleas, etc..) are a lot worse.