PDA

View Full Version : All Prospect Team

TRF
01-04-2007, 12:42 PM
M2 actually got me thinking about this when he mentioned BJ Upton in the all breakout team.

So here are the rules you get to pick one team. You can use players from both leagues. The player needs to be on the cusp of breaking into the majors, in other words, no Jay Bruces. The player must be eligible for ROY. Guys like Hughes and Bailey are acceptabe except for one final rule... You cannot pick any Reds farmhands.

Again pick a player for each position, 1 LHP and one RHP. omit relievers and closers, unless you really want to add one.

ok... Go!

TheBigLebowski
01-04-2007, 12:52 PM
M2 actually got me thinking about this when he mentioned BJ Upton in the all breakout team.

So here are the rules you get to pick one team. You can use players from both leagues. The player needs to be on the cusp of breaking into the majors, in other words, no Jay Bruces. The player must be eligible for ROY. Guys like Hughes and Bailey are acceptabe except for one final rule... You cannot pick any Reds farmhands.

Again pick a player for each position, 1 LHP and one RHP. omit relievers and closers, unless you really want to add one.

ok... Go!

This one may take a while.

C: Jerrod Saltamacchia, ATL
1B: James Loney, LAD
2B: Justin Upton, ARI (can't think of any good 2B's)
3B: Joel Guzman, TB
SS: Stephen Drew, ARI
OF: Andrew McCutcheon, PIT
OF: Colby Rasmus, STL
OF: Lastings Milledge, NYM
LHP: Andrew Miller, DET
RHP: Phillip Hughes, NYY

TRF
01-04-2007, 01:03 PM
ah ah... no Reds prospects.

Makes it harder. And isn't Bailey a RHP?

TheBigLebowski
01-04-2007, 01:06 PM
ah ah... no Reds prospects.

Makes it harder. And isn't Bailey a RHP?

No Reds prospects??

My mistake. Bailey is a righty.

http://www.baseballprospectus.com/pecota/BAILEY19860503A.php

TRF
01-04-2007, 01:12 PM
Yup. we are all waaaaaay to familiar with the Reds org. This way we get a better look at the prospects on the verge of becoming everyday players for other teams. Players the Reds may have to face, and possibly (hopefully in some cases) try to acquire.

TheBigLebowski
01-04-2007, 01:46 PM
If Andrew McCutcheon is not viewed as "Major League" ready, sub in Felix Pie (Cubs) for his spot on the list.

If too many people select Phillip Hughes, sub in Tim Lincecum from SFO.

TRF
01-04-2007, 03:41 PM
Ok, again, I'll have to fill this in after some research.

C
1B Josh Phelps
2B
3B Josh Fields, Kevin Kouzmanoff
SS
OF Adam Lind
OF Matt Kemp
OF
RHP Linecum
LHP

PuffyPig
01-05-2007, 09:06 PM
OF: Colby Rasmus, STL

He's was drafted at the same time as Bruce, but not as good. Little chance of playing in the majors in 2007, much less contributing.

Outshined_One
01-05-2007, 09:33 PM
C - Jeff Clement (SEA)
1B/DH - Billy Butler (KC)
2B - Eric Patterson (CHC)
SS - Brandon Wood (LAA)
3B - Alex Gordon (KC)
OF - Chris Young (AZ)
OF - Adam Jones (SEA)
OF - Delmon Young (TB)
RHP - Philip Hughes (NYY)
LHP -Scott Elbert (LAD)