PDA

View Full Version : Once a Week or Once a Month ?

Slider
01-04-2007, 05:17 PM
Hi guys,

I need your help. I've been coming here to Redszone...1,2 and 3 times a day for years looking for the latest Reds news.

Unfortunately, we've had nearly nothing to talk about for months.
Maybe this is the absolute best way to build a ball club...slowly...surely...one minor leaguer at a time.

The problem is that when I come to the web site over and over and over again and find us arguing minutiae over topics that barely deserve a post, much less 10 pages of posts...and when I see the frustration of Reds fans as they await the next Brendan Harris trade, I realize that the best solution might be to come here less often keeping my frustration level in check...

Soooo...my question is How often do you check in on Redszone?

Maybe we need a service project to channel all this fanaticism...How about we help sick children get to Reds games...? Other ideas?

Red Leader
01-04-2007, 05:46 PM
Maybe we could set up some program like the NFL has with Campbell's Chunky Soup.

Everytime Krono posts a can of soup is donated to a food shelter.

Every thread that zombie locks and closes, Bob Castellini gets a season ticket package paid for (sponsored by Brinks?, Master Lock?....) and donated to the Reds general fund.

I'm here everyday during the week. I take weekends off.

redsfan30
01-04-2007, 05:48 PM
During the week I'm here most all day. I check in on the weekends, but I don't check more than once or twice a day.

Coffeybro
01-04-2007, 05:59 PM
Everytime Krono posts a can of soup is donated to a food shelter.

Must be Red Leader's plan to feed the world or bankrupt Campbell's.

RedsManRick
01-04-2007, 06:00 PM
During the day, I'm checking a few times an hour. It's a horrible habit that drains me of productivity at work, but I'm addict. And yes, it leads to us having ridiculous conversations about meaninglessly minute details.... I applaud your efforts. Once a week, or maybe once a day would surely be sufficient to stay abreast of significant events.

registerthis
01-04-2007, 06:01 PM
To the detriment of my productivity, I'm here pretty much every day during the week.

To the relief of my wife, I'm almost never around on weekends.

Ltlabner
01-04-2007, 06:12 PM
I work from home so I have the flexibility to check in reguarlary during the course of the day, but it does down the ole productivity. Especially when there is a raging debate or breaking news. On days where I must complete X number of tasks at the office I will turn my personal computer off so I don't even see RZ.

I'll usually check in a few times durring the weekend but it depends on what me and Mrs Ltlabner have going on.

dougdirt
01-04-2007, 06:25 PM
On days I am off, like today, I check in like 10 times a day for like 5 minutes a time or so....days I work, twice a day.

Virginia Beach Reds
01-06-2007, 12:16 AM
constant refresh :O

Once per day is sufficient for non-junkies.

Heath
01-06-2007, 12:44 AM
What I do in my own time is my business.....oh wait, I mis-understood the question, oh never mind.

CrackerJack
01-06-2007, 07:40 PM
Must be Red Leader's plan to feed the world or bankrupt Campbell's.

Lol.

OldRightHander
01-06-2007, 08:08 PM
I check in most every day, but don't post as often as I used to because by the time I get home most days I'm too worn out to do much other than read the latest.